Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 18

I woke up in my bed, although I didn’t remember going to sleep in my bed last night. I thought I feel asleep on the sofa with Mr. Way. I snapped up, I was in my room, my curtains were open which explained the early wake up and my door was open a crack. So someone must have put me in bed, I always draw my curtains and I always close my door and put my TV on with a sleep timer. I got up and began to see if I could gather evidence that last night wasn’t just a real good dream. I mean sure, the irrational part of my brain believes it all with no help and thinks it means all the wrong things. But I know I can have some weird dreams. I'm sure he was here last night at least. If nothing else.

Mum and Dad would have left for work if they were back already.

It was quiet when I reached the living room. I looked around, candles which had been blown out, the torch and my iPod were on the coffee table. I was sure it was all true. The only part which I questioned happening was him kissing the top of my head. I also wondered who carried me up. Dad would have closed the curtains to make sure the sun doesn’t wake me. I wake up at 7, it was 6. The sun was barely up, its getting close to Christmas, but there was enough light to wake me. I began my day.

I switched on the television and went back up stairs to wash and dress. Half an hour later I was heading back down for breakfast. When I walked into my kitchen I almost had heart failure. There sitting at the table, reading an old paper and sipping coffee was Mr. Way. He looked up when he heard me scream. I was standing in the door way clutching my chest bent over.

“Didn’t mean to scare you Nat,” he was chuckling while he read. Now I knew that it was all very real. “You ok?” He got up and came and rubbed my back while I was bent over trying to get my heart to beat normal and my breathing to steady itself. I let out a bit of nervous laughter and stood up.

“Man am I glad I got dressed.” I had slept in yesterday’s clothes. It would not have been a pretty sight if I just came to get coffee without getting ready first. “If I had just come in this morning your eyes would be burning.” I sat breathing steady, I was recovering.

“That wouldn’t have been the case Natalie,” Gerard was being serious. He sat opposite me and picked the old paper up again. “You’re not an unattractive person.” I raised an eye brow at him. “You’re the opposite of not a pretty sight. You’re one of the teenagers who I find are…easy on the eyes.” I think Mr. Way is trying to say that I'm good looking. I wasn’t sure what to say.

“Thanks,” I said. An awkward silence grew between us. I remembered the time I had compared him to a male model, I guess we find one another attractive. The only problem I had with him saying that, is what it did to my head. It made me question again and gave the irrational side of my brain more fuel for it’s fire. If I didn’t have this weird mental issues I would love that he just said that.

“Well hurry up and eat, we’re gunna be late. Your cars not back, so I guess your parents are still away. I'll give you a lift in today.”

“Are you allowed to do that? I don’t want to get you in any trouble.” Although if anyone found out the details of yesterday he would get in to trouble for sure.

“Yeah, it’ll be fine, I’ve seen other members of staff give lifts to students. And if anyone asks then I'll say that you missed the bus and would have been late without me.” He smiled, he finished his coffee while I ate my cereal. I also texted Annie to get the bus, my car was still being used by my dad.

“I wonder where my dad is, even if he’s using my car and his is broken he should have come home last night.” I wonder as I put my books in my bag. I had to go to my room to get my sketch book.

“Done your homework for my class?” Mr. Way asked smiling as he picked up his stuff.

“Yes, I did it Saturday.” I said. “I always do my homework, well for the teachers I like at least.”

“Why thank you,” Mr Way said making his way out the door.

“How come you look so fresh?” I asked. He slept here last night, no change of clothes, how comes he looks like he had a hot shower and changed into clean clothing. “Fresh clothes, fresh hair?”

He opened my car door for me, I smiled as a thank you and got in.

“Well, I ran home, took a shower and put some fresh clothes on. I didn’t want to go into school all smelly.” I wondered why he came back, he could have easily gone and saw me at school, I can get the bus. I didn’t wonder to long, that would be stepping into dangerous territory.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm uploading this earlier than I was going to, I'm doing that as a thank you to everyone who has commented so far, your comments make me want to write this. So again thank you and I hope to get as many (if not more) lovely comments that I have been getting.