Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 22

“What about the hole open day thing, when that guy called you my boyfriend and you just went along with it?” I asked while he drove me home. Although he was driving at a slow pace compared to previous times I’ve seen him drive. I watched his smile grew and his eyes flicker at me.

“Well one, I didn’t want to come off as rude to someone who may decide your future. He may see your application and think ‘oh she's the one with that uptight guy who can’t handle being called someone's boyfriend. We don’t need someone affliliated with someone like that at our university.’ And second, I kind of liked the idea. When I first met you and as I got to know you I kind of liked the idea.” His smile didn’t fade one bit, but when he pretended to be the uni guy he put on the worst English accent ever.

“Do you realise that was the worst English accent ever. Ross from friends does a better one than you.” I giggled. He gave me and evil glare and a smirk. I thought he was going to say something but he maintained his silence until we parked around the corner from my house.

“I'm not going to let you get away with that comment you know Nat, I'm going to make you pay.” He leant in a little closer to me and whispered in a low voice, I couldn’t help but laugh. “What?”

“You don’t play a very good evil character, you’re just funny,” I said, he pouted and tried to pull a sad face. “Sad doesn’t work so well for you either.”

“Now I am going to make you pay,” he started tickling me, he made a good guess when it came to me being ticklish. I squirm in my seat and laughed as he tickle tortured me some more. “Do you want me to stop?” He whispered.

“Yes, yes!” I could barely breathe let a lone talk but I managed to get the words in between breathing and laughing. He didn’t stop, I was curled up in my seat and Gerard was leaning right over me. “Stop!”

“Not until you say I have the best English accent and I'm a great actor.” He said tickling me more and more. I was hoping he would have tired by now. I had no such luck.

“Never,” I giggled trying to move from his tickling fingers. But his car isn’t that big.

“Say it!”

“Fine. You have the best English accent and you’re a great actor!” He stopped tickling me and I was breathless from all the laughing. It took me a minute to get my breath back, Gerard was laughing as well. We sat there and composed ourselves.

“Will your parents be in or awake?” He asked as we walked towards my house, his hand was intertwined with mine, he’d parked pretty far away. His hand was warm and my hand feel a little tingly.

“They should be in and they should be asleep.” He smiled and swung our arms. I laughed and pulled him up the steps to my front door. “Can I see you some time over the holidays?” No school for four weeks, no Gerard for four weeks. Of course I wanted to see him.

“Yeah, just give me a call and I'm sure we can arrange something. But don’t call my home phone too many questions. Call my mobile.” I instructed him. He nodded. I fished my keys from my pocket, I looked up at him as I found them, not sure how he was planning on saying goodbye this time. He moved a little closer to me, placing his hands on my waist and pulling me a little closer to him.

“Expect a call soon,” he said leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. I placed my hands on his shoulders stood on toes to make it a little easier on him. The kiss lasted for a few minutes. He pulled away from me, kissed me on the cheek quickly and then walked away. I watched him walk down the street and before he turned the corner he turned around and gave me a short quick wave. I let myself into my quiet house and made my way upstairs.

It took me forever to get to sleep. Before I did I checked my phone, I had ten texts and five missed calls from Kevin. I gave him a quick text letting him know I was still alive. For the rest of the night, until the little hours in the morning, I laid staring at the ceiling trying to let it all sink in. Me and Mr. Way were now seeing one another, in a romantic relationship sort of way. We were no long student teacher. And we are more than friends. I’ve got to kiss him twice and I'm sure I'll get to kiss him many more times. And he wants to see me over Christmas.

I sat bolt up right when I thought that.

I had to figure out what to get him, you can’t agree to meeting up with someone over the holidays and not get them a gift. But I don’t know enough about him to get him a gift yet. And I'm not very good at gift buying. I always second guess myself and spend forever and I always get nervous. I prefer it when they give me an idea or tell me what they want. I don’t even have anyone to discuss this with. This has to be a very good kept secret. The best kept secret since the best kept secret ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I keep hearing that one of the commenters (I am so sorry I can't remember your name I can't look i tup cos my internet hates me) that they want a prom. I have started writing the idea out to see if I like it and I think it could work. I am still undecided though. What do you the rest of you think?? Enjoy!