Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 35

I was shocked, I didn’t expect that tonight. I thought it might happen sometime, but not tonight. Gerard was watching me, he didn’t care about all the people in the club saying happy new year or the song they were playing, or the fact that neither of us had seen Mikey for a little while. He was just watching me with a small smile. I was pretty much happier than I could ever remember being. I had wanted him to ask me this for a while now, I just never thought it would be possible. It took me so long to reply and I was so distracted with trying to make myself speak I never saw Gerard walking away from me. I noticed when I saw his head disappear in the crowd. I took off in the direction he was heading in. It was becoming hard to see where he was going, there were too many people in this place.

“Gerard!” I called out, he couldn’t hear me over the people. I headed to the door, I guessed he would head outside if he was going anywhere. Outside or to take a leak. I pushed through the people faster until I got out of the crowd and near the door. He was nowhere in sight, I even checked for Mikey but he wasn’t around either.

When I got outside, in the cold again, I saw him standing against a wall.

“Yes!” I said catching his attention. “Yes, yes, 100 times yes.”

“What?” Gerard said turning his head to face me as I walked towards him. It was getting colder but I didn’t care, I had to make sure he knew that I wanted him to be my boyfriend and I hadn’t been leading him on or trying to get him into trouble. I could only imagine what was going through his head when I just stood there, I probably would have thought even worse if it was me waiting there for him to say something.

“Yes, I’ll be your girlfriend,” I said standing in front of him now. “I know I didn’t say anything before but you caught me by surprise.” He didn’t say anything, he just wrapped his arms around me and started kissing me. Not that I had any complaints.

“Good, for a second there I thought you were going to say you never wanted to be in a relationship and I have died a little inside.” Gerard said holding me so we could talk easier, but his arms were still around my waist. “And I hate to ruin the moment and everything, but I think Mikey would prefer to mope in the guest bedroom rather than in my car.” I looked over at his car and he was right, Mikey was looking at his phone in a depressed manner. I felt bad for him, but he goes home in a few days, the day before we go back to school. He won’t be away from Alicia for too long. I still felt bad for him. Maybe Gerard and I should try and do something fun with him tomorrow, or something like that. Gerard took my hand and led us to his car. I got in the front and Gerard got into the driver’s seat.

“How you holding up Mikes?” Gerard asked twisting round, Mikey yawned and shrugged. “That good, huh.” He dropped me off at my house and for Mikey’s sake he gave a peck on the cheek, made sure I was in my house and then left for his house.

That night my dreams were happier than I can ever remember. I have an amazing boyfriend, it may be a bit complicated with him being my teacher, but oh well. Kevin was right all along. I have to work tomorrow, the restaurant is opening after a renovation and I haven’t spoken to Kevin in a while, no doubt he’ll want an update, not that I can give him a real one.

Work the next day was chaos, I thought it would be since they were making it a reopening, they had even switched the menu round and changed up the decor. But these days normally equal more tips. I kind of missed hanging out with Gerard and Mikey but they were spending time together, they wouldn’t tell me what they were doing and I suppose I didn’t want to know.

“Hey, Nat, table 8, just sat down,” Kevin said, he was doubling as bar staff and showing customers to tables. “And I think you’re going to like who it is.” He smiled.

“Why, who is it?” I asked getting my pad out and writing out the table number and such. Kevin just shook his head and shooed me away. I popped my glasses on as well, I take them off from time to time just to rest my eyes a little.

“Hey, Natalie, table 7 still hasn’t had their drinks,” another waiter told me, I nodded and turned back to the bar, the interesting guests were going to have to wait. I delivered the drinks and then turned round to serve table 8. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but sitting, at table eight, waiting for me to take their order was the Way brothers.

Read down authors note!
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok slightly short, but significant stuff happened right? I haven't had too much time to work on this, I have been doing loads of uni work all due in within the next few days. But I have done a few chapters on this as well as working on some stuff for this that will happen in the future. I was wondering if you guys would prefer me to have a regular up dating schedule like a specific day a week or do you prefer spontaneous updates? Just wondering, I could try the whole scheduled thing, I'm not too good with deadlines but it will make sure I write more and you don't go too long without something! Thoughts and feelings on that! Enjoy!