Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 46

Natalie’s POV

I was able to just about take my mind of Mr. Way for the rest of the day. I didn’t see him once and distracted myself with work and friends and trying to persuade everyone that Michael and I were not on good terms at the moment. Everyone said that I was over thinking things, like I always do, that it was nothing. I would announce the start of the break up soon. Then we would break up for sure. On a weekend so I wouldn’t have to fake cry around anyone and I would be at work. Or on a Tuesday night, Piano classes starting up again, Christmas break for everyone was over.

I had to get the bus home with Annie since Gerard drove me and our terms ruled out sharing a car home. I was also worried he still might be in the mood he was in this morning, I didn’t want to share a car with him when he’s like that.

“You know if you drove us everyday this wouldn’t happen, we could go home in comfort everyday and wake up later. Is Monday going to be the permanent bus day?” I drive us four times a week; Annie had suggested this, to save on petrol money and to save the environment. She forgot these reasons when it took forever, smelt bad and kids don’t shut up in the back. When she complains like this the best thing to do is let her get it out of her system. She’ll get it out and then remember why we chose this when she gets home.

I did homework when I got home. Get it out of the way. Speaking of Way, the one I am going out with called me when I got home. I was lying on my bed reading when he rang, he interrupted a pretty damn good book.

“When are you ending your pretend relationship with my brother?” No hello, no asking about my day or any of that kind of small talk. I found it a little rude but I am guessing he’s had a rough day.

“I put measures into place today, I suppose you’ve been hearing about it then?” I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling, I counted the tiles while I waited for his reply.

“It’s already around all the teachers and your year. The only time I’ve had a brake has been with year seven and eight.” He knows it’s not real. I listened to him breathe steady. “I called Mikey today at lunch.” I wondered why he was telling me this. He doesn’t have to tell me every time he calls his brother.

“And?”

“He told me I needed to just think straight. He told me I have always had a problem with jealousy and I shouldn’t let it come between us. I have to go.” He hung up without saying goodbye and no apology to how he acted this morning. My anger with him began to rise. He acted like a little bitch to me and Becky this morning without giving me a chance to do what he wanted me to do. He needs to keep himself in check or I might just start going along with the Michael story just for kicks.

My phone vibrated while I was eating my dinner, alone. It was from my parents hook up. I deleted it without reading it over. If mum or dad asked, I never got it.

Gerard and I didn’t get along great the next day either. Today was my first day of art. I used to look forwards to art, most days, I was treading it today. I could only imagine what would happen.

I got a shock when I walked into form. Gerard had gone ahead and dyed his hair red. Without me. I thought he wanted my help. But apparently he was capable of doing this by himself.

“Sir, your hair.” A student said as they walked in. I ignored the fact anything had changed.

“I know, please take your seats.” He refused to discuss his hair options. The normal Mr. Way would have under any other circumstances. He went about everything calmer than yesterday, the dye seemed to be keeping him a lot calmer I suppose. He kept trying to catch my eye but I avoided his gazes and just talked to Becky.

“How’s it going with America?” Becky asked me.

“Not now, Becky, I don’t feel like talking about it.” I said pretending to be really interested in the magazine in front of me. Not one word I had pretended to read had sunk in, but it was the best way to ignore Mr. Way and Becky at the same time.

“Come on, just a few details, you barely talked about it yesterday. When you started going out with James he was all you talked about. When you had that crush on that year 14 it was all you talked about. Normally guys are your favourite topic and now you want to talk about anything but. Annie doesn’t even know anything about him. You tell Annie everything.” Not anymore.

“We had an argument and things are not looking good. I just want to think about anything but at the moment. Alright? Can you tell the rest that too? Especially Kayla?” Becky knew what I meant by that. After what happened with her and Kayla she has never been close with her. Whenever someone mentions keeping something from Kayla or telling her something, for that persons benefit and not Kayla’s, Becky is the first one on board.

Becky agreed and we just discussed History coursework until it was time for our first lessons.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had a few ideas for where to go with this story. It could involve a sequal or I could just end the story with this one. Which do you prefer?