Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 48

We didn’t spend that much time doing my homework, seeing as my teacher was helping me. He didn’t do it for me, but the assignment was to help improve shading techniques so having the guy who knows how sitting next to you and guiding your hand over the page really helps. And then came the part I was hoping he wouldn’t bring up. My piece from today.

“What do you think about this piece Natalie?” Gerard asked me. “It’s a great piece, as all art is, but it does not seem to fit in with all the other things this artist has done before.”

“I think that I was angry, with every guy in the world at the time and art is a good way to express your feelings. And that led to that.” Gerard lent over and kissed me on my cheek which had been blushing a little before and was now in danger of overheating.

“Well I am glad that you’re not angry anymore. And in case I haven’t said it enough, I am sorry and I am working out my issues with the hole jealousy thing.”

“That’s fine, I promise I won’t get us involved in anything else like this hole Mikey thing. And I am cutting it off on Friday. So only two more days and then you shouldn’t hear about it that much anymore.” Gerard nodded. The rest of the evening we didn’t spend much time talking about art or other guys. In fact we didn’t spend too much time talking at all. But nothing that adult happened. Then Gerard could get into deeper trouble than he would if anyone found out. We could lie about dating, just hanging out wouldn’t be as bad as adult relations.

School wasn’t anywhere near as bad as it was before. Gerard was back to his cheerful self and even told a few people to story behind his newly coloured hair. He laughed again and he didn’t shout at students for things he would normally let slide. My attitude appeared to be a lot different. I played up to the girl whose about to have a relationship end. It wasn’t too difficult since I have been through it before I just acted like I did when I broke up with James.

One thing I noticed while at school was a flyer posted about the corridors. Prom. In Early June just before the end of the school year. I read it over and I knew I didn’t really want to go. I have no one to go with, unless I hang around with my friends. And I’m not into all those dresses and bad music and all of that. It’s not me. I knew a couple of my friends would be going, Becky and Sarah but I knew Annie feels the same way about Prom as I do and I don’t care that much about Kayla at the moment. It wasn’t a big deal with us yet. Although discounting the end of year assembly it would be the last year our whole year would meet up. I have a while to think about it yet before I make any definite decisions yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is a little shorter than usual and it's late. But I am writing the next one around about now and that should have a bit more content and stuff. The idea of Prom was bought up by someone a little while ago and I thought it may be a good idea. I went to one of my proms so I know about it and it is the usual thing for sixth forms in the UK so I thought it was a good idea. Enjoy!