Secret Love, My Escape, Take Me Far, Far Away

12

The class went very well for a DADA class with nutty Professor Moody. I still chuckle at the thought of my baby cousin Draco as a little white ferret. “Miss McArthur, a word with you please?” “No problem Professor.” I say to him and follow him into his office. “ Selene now is it?” “Yes Professor…” “I would like your help Miss McArthur.” “ Doing what, Sir?” “Well I need you to keep an eye on Harry Potter, and you cannot mention this to anyone.”

“I’m sorry Sir…I have my own life and I’m not going to spend it following Potter around just because he is a fourth year that happened to get into the Tri-Wizard tournament. I will not mention to anyone that you have asked me this I assure you. Now if you excuse me I’m meeting with someone.” I say as a dismissed myself. Now I’m late to meet with Oliver.

I ran through the hall ways and listened to all of the paintings complain. “Oli! I’m soo sorry!” I hollered whipping my broom out of my pocket and rushing up to meet Oliver who was already flying above. “Why the lateness love? Sick of me already.” “Never. Moody wanted me to stay over. It was really stupid.” “Oh…well get your bum over here.” He says pulling me closer to him.

He maneuvers himself off of his broom and behind me on mine. I smile as I feel his arms snake around my waist. “How were classes?” “Eh, I slept through them haha” He shakes his head in disapproval and I assure him that I was only joking. He sends his broom back to his classroom before we take off.

We fly around the grounds for about a half an hour in silence, Oliver just holding me as we watch the sunset. “Snuffaluffagus.” I say rather randomly. “What did you just say?” Oliver bursts out in laughter. “Snuffaluffagus…sorry it was too quiet…that’s the first thing that came to my mind.” He continues laughing. “You’re mean.” I stick out my tongue and he pulls me towards him, kissing me fiercely. He lands the broom by the lake without breaking the kiss and lays me in the soft grass.

Sometime later we pull away and just lie on the grass looking up at the sky. “Oli…what are you thinking about?” he sighs “You…and how happy I am…and how I desperately hope this works.” I roll over and rest my head on his chest. “What are you thinking about Sel?” “You…and how glad I am that I found you and that we are together…and how I really hope this will last.” he kisses my head. “what time is it?” I say suddenly. “Almost midnight. Why?” I shoot up. “Shit! I have astronomy in fifteen minutes!”

We get on my broom and he rushes us back to the castle in record time. He drops me off at a third floor corridor window that happens to be open and I kiss him quickly and rush to the astronomy tower. I surprisingly make it with just a few minutes to spare. “Where were you?” Jaci hisses as we follow Professor Sinistra up the stairs. “I was uhmm practicing flying.” Jaci laughs at this.

“No, seriously where were you?” “I was practicing flying really.” “With who?” “Ol-Professor Wood has been helping me.” “Well uhh good.” “Yea.” “How long?” “For awhile.” “Why didn’t you tell me?” I scoff at her. “I’ve tried. All you want to talk about is Draco anymore.” “Oh…” “Yea…” Professor Sinistra starts the class quickly ending the small argument between Jaci and I. Class lasts for a good two hours and finally Professor Sinistra decides to release us.

I ignore Jaci’s calls and walk over to Professor Sinistra. “Professor?” “Yes Selene?” “Do you mind if I stay a little longer?” “No of course not. I am always glad to see a student this interested in astronomy. You remind me of myself when I was younger.” I smile “Well I’d eventually like to teach it. Somewhere. Hopefully here someday.” She smiles back “Well I’m sure that can be arranged. Maybe next year you can come back and help me out…sort of like an assistant professor.”

My eyes light up “Really?” “I would have to speak with Dumbledore of course, but I do not see why not.” “Oh thank you, thank you.” I quickly hug her and she laughs as she walks down the stairs. I stay for at least another hour just watching the stars and planets before I decide to go to bed.

I wake up the next morning to a tapping on my window. I look outside and see a tawny colored owl with a piece of parchment in his beak. I get up quickly and run over to the window opening it for the owl. He flies in drops the parchment on my bed and flies back out the window.

Selene,
Please meet me in my office an hour before the Quidditch match
today. I have something for you.
~O

I squeal in excitement not knowing what to expect. I quickly shower and get dressed and run up to Oliver’s office. I knock twice and walk in. I see him sitting at his desk looking over some papers. “Oli?” His head snaps up and he smiles. “Hey Selene.” He gets up and walks over to me.

He pushes a stray piece of hair back from my grey eyes and wraps me in his arms. I wrap my arms around his torso and hug him back. “Well hello to you too.” I say into his chest. He pulls back slightly and places a kiss on my lips. I immediately deepen the kiss and he quickly pulls away. “We should go upstairs…don’t want anyone walking in on us.” “Definitely not.”

He takes me by the hand and pulls me up the stairs to his apartment. As soon as the door is shut I jump onto Oliver wrapping my legs around his waist and deeply kiss him. “Mmm. I missed you baby.” he says between kisses. “I missed you too, even though its only been a day.” We both chuckle and he sets me down on the couch. “Don’t move. I’ll be right back.” he walks into the other room “Oh and close your eyes.” I hear him yell.

I shut my eyes tightly and wait for him to walk back into the room. I hear his footsteps approach and I open my eyes. “Hey! Shut those eyes!” I snap them shut and hear him chuckle. I feel something cold hit the center of my collar bone and around my neck. My hand shoots up towards the thing and my eyes snap open. I look down at the necklace
and a huge smile crosses my face. “Oh Oli, its gorgeous.” I pull him into a hug and kiss him deeply. “Thank you so much.” He kisses my forehead “You’re welcome baby.”

“How did you know I loved moonstone?” I ask resting my head on his chest. “Honestly, I just saw the necklace and it reminded me of you…so I got it.” I jump suddenly hearing a tapping noise on his window. I look out and see a familiar barn owl. I jump up and let my dad’s owl in and take the letter it holds in his beak. “Here you go Chester.” I hand a treat to the owl and he flies back out the window. I quickly open the envelope and read the letter sent from my dad.

Selene,
I just received your letter and I am so proud of you sweetheart, getting back on a broom that is a great accomplishment. Send my thanks to
this Oliver. He seems like a very nice young man, perfect for my daughter.
Now to the point of the letter: you will be staying with Padfoot, your cousin, during your Christmas holiday away from school. I have some business in America I must attend to. I am truly sorry, that I will not be able to be there with you. I promise when I get back we’ll have our own little Christmas if needed. Hope all goes well for you. I will see you when I return from America.
Love,
Daddy
♠ ♠ ♠
~~C