Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 24

-Two weeks later-

Nothing's really changed over the past couple of weeks besides Joe and Kevin teasing us every few days, otherwise, everything has been pretty normal. Nick and I agreed to keep the PDA to an extreme minimum to avoid any suspicion. We're really taking our time so we can learn more about each other instead of falling head-first into our relationship like most people at this school do.

Mel and Joe have been pretty cozy with one another, too. I forgot to mention that. Joe and Mel have been working on something like a relationship, but they're still telling everyone (since that only consists of Nick's family, Mel's and just me) that they're just friends. We all know they're full of it. But, honestly, it's been hard for them since Joe's in college all the way in California at UCLA. He's studying to become a professional photographer as well as a music producer like their dad is.

Kevin just recently proposed to the infamous Danielle and they are currently (and I mean as we speak) planning a wedding for this December. I learned from Nick that Kevin is a director as well as a part-time music instructor. He teaches kids how to play both the electric and acoustic guitar.

I have yet to meet Nick's parents as well as Frankie and vice versa, though since we've both been to our separate homes on the weekends. Nick's 17th birthday is coming up and I've already decided what to get him.

Speaking of that, I thought of my grand, old parents. Well, my mom has been getting a little better, so I haven't been as stressed out as I usually am. She knows about Nick, though and has been sworn to secrecy not to tell Dad about our relationship until I'm ready.

Vic doesn't seem to know about us yet, either. Surprisingly, no one knows about Nick and I except Mel, which is weird to me for some reason. Vic still flirts with Nick every chance she can get (as do the 50 other female fans of his in our Junior class), but most of the time, he declines her in the nicest, harshest ways that he can.

Of course, Mel has to ruin the moment most of the time. She always “awws” at us when we hang out. For some reason, Nick and I only hang out in Mel and I's dorm whenever we want alone time. I've been wanting to hang out in Nick's room, but I just haven't had the courage to ask. I've been waiting for him to do it instead of me, but whatever. But thank God Mel chooses to either leave or do something which keeps her eyes and ears out of our privacy.

Classes have been fine. I'm in love with Earth/Space Science as well as Algebra II. Unfortunately, I've been slacking in A.P. Psych, but English III is OK. Boring, but OK.

Nick said he wrote me another song, which he has not played to me just yet. He said he got “inspired” by me and decided to write it down. I don't know where or even how I inspired him, but he said I did.

Relationship wise, I feel pretty optimistic about it. We talk all of the time that we can and I can help him be more caring or at least a little bit more considerate towards situations or people instead of taking the practical approach.

Lately, though, Nick has been acting... weird. For instance, he'll just stare at me for no reason. I mean a few seconds is fine, but when it's literally almost a whole minute, I start to get weirded out. Or, the other day, I found him in the library since I had to check out The Odyssey for English III, but when I reached him, he exited out of whatever he was looking at and said he'll talk to me later. I tried asking Joe and Kevin to see if they knew anything of it and they said no. Weird, huh?

I don't know. Maybe it's just me, I guess. My instincts are telling me to keep my guard up, but at the same time, I want to let Nick in my heart, you know? Ugh.

I hate complications. Oh, well. Oh, crap. I'd better get back to making those flash cards for A.P. Psych even though I can't focus with Nick's birthday being 2 days away. Meh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like I said, filler. ^_^ But trust me. The next chapter will be a little bit juicy. I tried to make this sort of like a diary entry for Rose, but it kind of just serves the purpose of keeping the reader(s) informed about the passage of time as well as what's going in Rose's mind, so I hope this chapter wasn't confusing.

What do you think Nick is hiding from Rose?

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.