Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 25

-Two days later-

September 16, 2009

The bell rung, dismissing us from A.P. Psych. My hands were cramping up a little as I walked out of class with a groaning Mel on my left and a silent Nick on my right.

“Damn. How many notes did you take? I dozed off after I hit the back of my second page,” Mel said groaning again as she massaged her hands.

They were red a little whereas I only had a hard sore spot on my right middle finger from holding the pen so hard.

“I don't know. I stopped once I reached the third page. So, someone's birthday is today,” I teased, lightly bumping into Nick intentionally, whom merely shrugged casually.

“It's no big deal, really. It's just my 17th birthday,” he replied nonchalantly.

We continued our pace down the first flight of stairs.

“I'm rubbing off on you,” I said in a shy tone. He shrugged again.

“It's no big deal, Rose. It's just 17,” he answered.

We reached the first floor sooner than I expected.

“You're a year older than you were last year. Just think, next year will be our last year in high school and then college,” I gushed.

“Yeah. I agree. I can't wait to get out of my mom's house,” Mel agreed.

Nick nodded, a smile now on his lips.

“I guess it would be nice to leave home and go to college like my brothers, but I don't know if I'm ready to let all of this go yet,” he replied.

Was he hinting about..us? It all hit me. Nick would be at UCLA, too, but I planned on going to a community college in Florida since I'll have enough money to buy an apartment. I hadn't thought about this before. How could I forget something SO important?

“Hi, Nick,” she said in a flirtatious tone.

I shook my thoughts away, realizing that we were on the first floor of the dorm building. Vic stood in her uniform similar to mine minus the black stilletos she wore. Her hair was in a high ponytail, the loose hair in soft, brown curls.

Ugh. Pretty, but still slutty.

“Hi,” Nick replied in a casual tone.

“So, a couple of my friends overheard you the other day talking about your birthday being today. We were wondering, well, Jake wanted to know if you wanted to go to the movies with us this weekend. My treat?” she asked innocently.

“Sorry. Can't. I'm going home this weekend, so, I'll be busy,” he replied coolly with a hint of coldness in his tone.

Victoria ran her fingers on his chest a little. The monster roared inside me as I bit my lip fuming on the inside.

“Come on, Nick. It'd be fun. Jake tells me that you haven't hung out with him since the tour of the school when dork #1 and 2 here said that crap to me,” she tried.

Nick rolled his eyes, trying to ignore her.

“I'll make it worth your while,” she said seductively.

Alright! That's it!

“Seriously, Vic, when are you going to take the fucking hint? He's not interested!” I exclaimed angrily.

“Rose, stay out of this,” she snapped.

“No! I'm not going to listen to you! Stop trying so hard, alright? You're making yourself look pathetic,” I fumed.

“I'm warning you, Rose. Butt out,” she replied through clenched teeth.

“No. Rose is right. I've said it once and I'll say it again. I. DON'T. WANT. TO. BE. WITH. YOU. Get a clue and grow up. You're embarrassing yourself. Go whore yourself around Brian since all you want to do is hurt your own sister!” Nick said, his voice rising.

Vic burst into tears and ran off in the distance. I had never seen Nick so... angry.

“Come on,” he mumbled, going up the steps two at a time.

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Once we reached the inside of Mel and I's dorm, the three of us placed our things down.

“Mel, could you get us some food? I want to talk to Nick alone,” I asked, my voice colder than I meant for it to be.

“Yeah. Chocolate, diet coke, and the usual?” she asked, taking my wallet from my bag.

“Yeah,” I replied, not tearing my gaze from Nick.

He sighed, sitting on my bed avoiding my gaze.

“I'll be back,” Mel announced before leaving.

Once the door shut behind her, I rounded on my boyfriend.

“OK, what the hell is wrong with you? You didn't have to mention the last part to Vic. I didn't mind the harshness, but did you have to go that far?”

A sigh escaped his lips.

“I'm sorry. It's just... I can't accept the fact that you and Vic are that different. How can she be so persistent when I'm clearly not interested? It's annoying to be honest. And..... I'm sick of hiding this,” he admitted.

“I don't know. I know we're different, but Vic wants everyone I care about to be on her side. I don't know why, she just does. But.. we agreed that hiding us would be the best thing for us right now. Why do you want to change your mind all of a sudden?” I asked with a hint of anger in my voice.

“Because when we do tell everyone, I don't want them to think I was ashamed of you. You know that, right?” he asked, rising to his feet before placing his hands gently on my waist.

“Of course I do... I just think we should wait, Nick, really. If people, especially Vic found out, they would make our lives a living hell and I don't want that for either of us,” I replied, a sigh escaping my lips.

“Do you ever wonder if... maybe we rushed into this?” Nick asked, catching me off guard.

I blinked a few times in disbelief.

“W-what are you saying?” I asked, sadness in my tone.

“I mean, I want to be with you, but I want to show you off also, you know?” he asked.

“So, are you second-guessing yourself because it seems like you are,” I said, the emotion evident in my voice.

I didn't need Nick having doubts in our relationship when nothing was wrong with it...besides hiding it from everyone at school.

“No,” he began with certainty,”I know I made the right choice. I just think sometimes how I want to do this,” he placed a kiss to my cheek.

“Or this,” he then kissed my forehead.

“Or my personal favorite,” he concluded before placing his lips onto my own.

Our lips moved in sync as my hormones raged inside me. I loved kissing Nick. He placed a hand on my cheek near my neck, deepening the kiss.

It became faster, more heated than any other kiss Nick and I shared.

His lips traveled from my lips to my jaw line, down to my neck. I opened my eyes in shock, pushing him lightly away once he found my sweet spot. I had to suppress the moan that almost escaped my lips.

I breathed heavier than usual before speaking.

“Nick, don't do that,” I warned softly. It came out more like a whisper mixed with a moan.

“Why not?” he asked before he placed his lips back to the spot, immediately beginning to lightly nibble and lick there.

I moaned a little louder than usual.

“Nick, no,” I got out.

I had to admit, I was enjoying this.

“Why baby? I can tell you love it,” he replied.

His arms wrapped around my torso ever so gently as he resumed his previous actions, getting another moan out of me. I place my fingers in his soft curls, walking back to my bed. Nick pulled away from my neck as his head went back just as a moan escaped his lips. It turned me on even more.

Soon enough, his lips attacked mine, our tongues fighting over dominion over one another. He picked me up, his hands slipping up my skirt, touching my bare skin. I wrapped my legs around his torso and soon felt my bed on my back. The kissing intensified as his hands roamed over my body, his breathing a little shaky.

“N-Nick, are you sure you want to do this?” I asked, unsure of the predicament myself.

“Yeah,” he replied a little too quickly.

“No,” I began, pushing him away to talk as I gathered my thoughts, “I meant more so what has gotten into you? Honestly, we don't have to do this.”

“But- I-I want to do this,” he said uncertainly.

“Why?” I asked with a serious expression and tone.

Nick's chocolate orbs met my own.

“I-I just feel like I need to be better-that I should please you in every way,” he answered.

“Nick, seriously, you don't have to prove anything. Just because I'm not a virgin doesn't mean-” I stopped, eying his dog tag with the ring on its chain.

“Is that a purity ring?” I asked softly, my hands reaching the ring, admiring the cold silver between my fingers.

“Y-yeah. I need to get rid of that,” he joked.

“No, Nick. Th-this means that you're saving yourself either until marriage or until you find the one you love. I won't let you give something so precious to...me,” I said in slight shock.

“I know it does, Rose. I made that promise when I turned 13. Kevin and Joe did the same after I did. Religion plays a big role in my family. Sometimes it's hard. I-I didn't mean to let things get too far. I just couldn't control myself,” he admitted, looking away from me.

“Babe, it's OK. I understand completely. I thought I'd never lose my virginity before marriage, but I did. I thought Brian and I were both ready and that we'd still be together, but that didn't happen. I don't regret doing it. I just regret not waiting longer,” I replied just as honestly.

“Rose, I won't judge you because you're not a virgin. Sometimes I just wish I could do that for you. I know you don't or won't pressure me, but sometimes I feel like I'm ready,” he said, his hand going up my skirt, gripping my right thigh.

My eyes rolled to the back of my head as I cherished the feeling of his hand on my skin.

“But other times, I get nervous and chicken out,” he concluded, allowing the same hand to adjust my skirt so it covered the place he just touched.

“I'm sorry,” I said without control.

“Why are you sorry?” he asked, his brows furrowed.

“Because our relationship would run smoother if I were still a vir-” but the door opened, revealing Mel.

“OK, I'm back. Man! It was crowded down- OH MY GOD! GUYS!” Mel said in disgust, closing the door back as she covered her eyes.

Nick and I got out of “that” position, sitting upright normally. Nick was blushing like mad.

“Mel, please don't say anything,” I said nervously.

“Yeah. It's not what it looked like, right?” she asked teasingly.

Nick nodded feverishly, avoiding eye contact with her. She shrugged, handing Nick a medium, diet coke and my chocolate shake before walking into the bathroom.

I let out a sigh of relief.

“That was close,” Nick got out. I laughed.

“Yeah, not,” I replied, taking a sip of my shake.

“So, maybe we should-,” he began.

“-forget that ever happened? I think so, too,” I finished. He nodded.

“So, birthday boy, you're going home this weekend?” I asked.

A smile appeared on his lips. He loved it whenever his family was mentioned.

“Yeah.. and I was thinking... Maybe you'd want to come, too,” he answered, going into one of his back pockets, pulling out three plane tickets to Dallas.

My mouth dropped open.

“Y-you want me to go home with you for the weekend? Wh-why?” I asked excitedly.

“Because, Rose, I want to celebrate my birthday with you, Mel, and my family,” he replied with that same smile.

“Mel? Mel knows, too?” I asked.

As if on cue, the bathroom door opened swiftly revealing a cheerful Mel.

“Yeah, duh. Who else would have given Nick his chance to ask you since he was a little afraid to do it?” she answered, tapping me lightly on the arm.

I gave Nick a look. He returned it with a sympathetic one.

“So, you made Joe and Kevin promise not to spoil the plan?” I guessed, looking from Mel to Nick and back again.

Mel nodded.

“Yeah. That's what I was doing in the library the other day. I ordered the plane tickets which came this morning,” Nick explained.

“Oh. OK. So, what happens now?” I asked.

“You have to answer Nick's question first,” Mel said in an obvious tone.

I considered the thought, but how would I convince my dad and trick Vic?

“I guess I could tell my dad I'm going to Mel's,” I answered.

Mel squealed before hugging me and Nick. Nick placed a kiss to my cheek as his smile widened even more, showing his teeth.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK. MY fingers were tired after typing all of this.

Nick and Rose got a little steamy, huh? lol

OK, so the next chapter will be posted next week around Monday or Tuesday, so stay tuned.

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.