Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 28

After I ate the delicious eggs, bacon, and cheese sandwich Denise made me (as I sat alone in the dining room), a boy entered through the back door that led to the backyard and pool. He had a head full of red hair and wore a yellow shirt and beige shorts with sandals.

“Come on, Elvis,” he said. Elvis followed obediently, but ran towards me.

“Oh, hi. You must be Rose,” the boy said staring at me. A light laugh escaped me.

“Yeah. You must be Frankie. Nick told me about you,” I said in a polite tone.

He smiled. Elvis sniffed my legs causing me to laugh. It tickled.

“Elvis! Come here, boy!” Nick called.

He was dressed in black shorts, white sneakers, and a white t-shirt. He looked... good.

Elvis ran to Nick, whining a little before Nick started petting him. Frankie looked at me.

“You're pretty, Rosalina. Nick was right,” he said quietly before running out the back door, beckoning Elvis to come with him.

Nick's eyes met mine. He smiled before walking over to me.

“Hey, beautiful,” he said softly, hugging me as he took a sip of my orange juice. I slapped his arm lightly.

“You didn't even ask!” I exclaimed.

His melodic laughter filled my ears.

“I'm sorry,” he said. “How can I make it up to you?”

“Hmm... I don't know if you can,” I teased, taking my empty plate and finishing off the juice as I walked to the kitchen. Nick followed closely behind me.

“Not even if I give you a kiss here,” he said once I was at the sink.

He kissed my neck allowing his lips to linger for a while before pulling slowly away. A shaky breath escaped my lips. I shook my clouded mind away and focused on the dishes.

“Nope. It won't work on me,” I said unconvincingly.

“Oh, really?” he asked, his hands on my sides, traveling down to my hips.

“Really,” I answered, taking a quick breath.

“You're a horrible liar,” he whispered in my ear before he licked it, earning a moan from me.

I remembered our talk from earlier in the week. He has a purity ring. He has to wait until marriage.

His tongue traveled from my ear to my neck causing me to shiver. No! He has a purity ring! I can't succumb to another moan or my hormones.

Luckily, just as I was about to moan, however, the door bell rung.

Thank God.

A sigh escaped Nick's lips, an innocent smile now on them.

“You're the birthday boy,” I reminded him. He rolled his eyes.

“Whatever,” he replied playfully, the smile still on his lips. He walked out of the kitchen.

Soon enough, the door opened and I heard squeals along with a guy or two's voice and Nick's laugh. I dried the dishes and set them in their respective places. Thank God for cabinets with glass doors.

I walked timidly into the hallway seeing four new faces.

There was a girl with long, brown curls similar to Vic's except she had brown eyes. She wore gray leggings, a blue dress, and gray sneakers. The next girl had mid-back length dark brown hair like mine, and dark brown eyes as well. She wore a yellow tank top with a jean vest as well as blue jeans and black flats. The next person was a guy. He had blond hair and dazzling blue eyes. He wore a red and white striped button-up, blue jeans, and black and white converses. The fourth person, a guy also, had brown hair and eyes. He wore dark blue denim jeans, a black shirt, and black Airwalks. All 5 pairs of eyes landed on me.

“Guys, this is my girlfriend, Rose. Rose, these are my friends, Mitchell, Jason, Maya, and Alyson,” Nick said in a polite tone once I reached him. He wrapped an arm around my waist casually.

“Wow. She's beautiful, Nick,” Maya gushed. I blushed, a smile on my lips.

“Yeah. Good job, dude,” Jason complimented. Mitchell nodded in agreement.

“Uh, Aly? Don't you agree?” Maya asked, nudging her.

“Y-yeah. She's pretty,” she said, giving me a look.

My smile faltered for a second.

“OK! So, where's the Frankster?” Jason asked, obviously trying to lighten the mood.

“In the backyard playing with Elvis,” I answered before Nick could.

“Thanks, Rose,” Jason replied.

“Um, I'll say hi to Joe and Kevin,” Maya said, rushing after Jason.

“Dude! You've got to show me where the bathroom is again,” Mitchell said to Nick.

“It's only been like a year since you were last here. How could you forget?” Nick asked. “I'll be right back,” he said to me, pecking my cheek.

“OK,” I said before he and Mitchell headed upstairs leaving Alyson and I alone.

“That's a new one,” she mumbled.

“What?” I asked, a hint of anger in my tone.

“He's actually kissing you in front of other people,” she said, looking at me with a brow raised.

“So? Why wouldn't he?” I asked, obviously confused.

“For one thing, you're fat. Two, you have an ugly smile, and three, you're ugly in general,” she answered, walking away from me.

Those were the exact words Vic said to me whenever I had a boyfriend. I sucked up the urge to cry and followed her outside.



“Are you alright?” Kevin asked.

“Yeah, I'm fine. Why?” I asked.

“Because for the past hour you've been over here instead of near Nick, Mel, and the rest of us,” he pointed out.

I was currently sitting in a tree facing everyone just watching as Nick had fun with his friends. Did I have to mention that Alyson was trying very hard to do that more than anyone else was?

Mel and Joe seemed to be upset at one another for some reason.

“What's so bad about that?” I asked, already knowing the answer. Kevin climbed up the tree, then sat next to me.

“Well, Nick told me that ever since he left you and Aly alone, you've been acting different since. Did she say something to you?” he asked.

Alyson's words went through my mind once more.

“Kevin, am I ugly?” I asked, biting my lip as the urge to cry came back.

“What?! No! You're not, Rose. Why would- Wait. Did Aly tell you that you were?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I got out as a tear fell from my eyes. He sighed, wiping the tears from my eyes, then pulled me into a side hug.

“You're beautiful, Rose, really. Even Nick can see that,” he said.

I thought for a second.

“D-did he and Alyson date each other?” I asked.

“Yeah, but it was only for like, six months,” he answered.

“Wh-what happened?” I asked still slightly confused. Another sigh escaped him.

“Well, Nick sung to her and she said it was awful. She even thought he was going to give up baseball for music. She-she made him choose between her and baseball or music. For a while, Nick gave up music, but by their 6 month anniversary, he had enough. He left his high school and friends because he needed to get away. She pressured him into having sex knowing he made a promise to God, but Nick declined her offer.”

“Wow,” I said.

“Yeah. Everyone thought he and Aly were going to stay together for a long time, but when they got together, everything changed for the worst. Nick vowed from that day on that he'll never date someone like her ever again. He promised me and Joe that if he's ready to have sex and it's before marriage that it'll be with someone he truly loves,” Kevin said, looking out at Nick, watching him.

He was currently playing hockey sack with Jason and Mitchell. The ball bounced into the air and hit Alyson. I burst out laughing as she chased Nick around the pool.

“Guys, stop it,” Denise said in a firm tone.

They obeyed as Nick spotted Kevin and I, heading towards us.

“Just ignore Aly, OK? If she does say anything else, then tell Nick. He'll set her straight,” Kevin concluded before jumping out of the tree, landing on his feet.

Lucky. Kevin pat Nick on the shoulder as he passed, leaving the two of us alone.

“So, why are you in a tree?” he asked with a smirk.

“Just thinking,” I replied casually.

“About what?” he asked, staring up at me.

“Stuff,” I answered.

“Oh, no. What's wrong?” he asked playfully, but I knew he was serious. I shook my head, not wanting to talk about it.

He sighed deeply.

“Alright, well, at least get out of the tree,” he said with a laugh.

His laugh lightened my mood instantly.

“OK,” I replied looking around to find a branch so I could get back down. They were too far for me to reach. Damn it.

“Shit,” I mumbled. Nick laughed once more.

“Just jump,” he said, holding his arms out.

“Are you kidding me?!” I exclaimed in shock.

“No, I'm not. Just jump,” he answered with a straight face.

“How am I supposed to jump and expect you to catch me?” I asked.

“Baby, please... Do you trust me?” he asked with a serious expression.

Our eyes locked and I realized... I did trust him. Damn those dreamy, chocolate brown eyes.

“I do trust you,” I answered confidently.

Nick nodded, then braced himself. I was scared as hell to jump out of that tree... but I did and Nick caught me with ease.

“Told you I'd catch you,” he whispered.

I looked into his eyes and leaned in. he did the same and we kissed. It was slow and passionate. He even set me down, resting his forehead on my own as we broke apart.

“Get a room, you two!” Mel yelled, teasing us. Nick and I laughed.

“Coming?” he asked with a hand outstretched.

I looked at the people, including Nick's family just as Alyson looked away. I smiled. I wasn't Alyson and no matter what, Nick and I will be together.

“Yeah!” I exclaimed happily. We joined the “crowd” once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, first of all, the characters, Maya, Alyson, Jason, and Mitchell are all real people. Maya is Maya Kibble. Alyson is actually Alyson Stoner. Jason is Jason Dolley. Mitchell is of course, Mitchell Musso. Pictures will be up soon. ^_^

So, what do you guys think of Alyson? :)

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.