Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 29

A couple more hours later, Nick and I, as well as Jason, Maya, Mitchell, and Alyson were inside the house, relaxing, chatting it up as his friends sort of bombarded me with questions.

“You must be from New York or something,” Maya guessed.

I laughed lightly. Nick placed an arm around my shoulder.

“Nope, Jacksonville, Florida,” I answered with a smile.

“Oh, that's cool. Wait, have you ever seen snow before?” Jason asked.

“Nope,” I said.

“Oh my gosh! Nick, you have to tell-OW!” Michell began, but Maya hit him.

“Tell me what?” I asked, looking around at the others.

“Huh? Oh, nothing. Mitchell meant nothing. Right?” Jason asked him with a look.

“N-nope. Nothing,” he answered.

“Um... OK?” I said in confusion.

“So, Rose, do you have any siblings?” Maya asked. My breathing stopped for a moment.

“Yeah, actually, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to meet her. She's different from me,” I answered. Nick rubbed my shoulder.

“Why is that?” Alyson asked for the first time.

I licked my lips nervously.

“Let's just say she's different in a bad way,” I covered up.

“She's her twin sister, but they're fraternal, not identical,” Nick added, squeezing my shoulder comfortingly.

“Um... OK,” Maya said uncertainly.

“Moving on,” Mitchell said with a smile.

“So, when can we come and visit you guys?” Jason asked causing all of us to erupt in laughter.



It was finally around 3 when we were outside again. The guys, as in Joe, Nick, and Mitchell were playing football against Kevin, Jason, and Frankie. Maya and Alyson were nowhere to be seen while I was by myself, sitting on the back porch. Danielle and Denise were looking at a wedding book while Paul was sorting things inside.

“Sorry I've been avoiding you all day,” Mel said, plopping down next to me.

“I was wondering if you'd forgotten about me,” I said with sarcasm. She shot me a look.

“So, what's up?” she asked.

“Well,” I began and I told her everything about Alyson including what I'd gathered so far.

“That b- Ooooh!” Mel grumbled angrily as she began to stand.

“I know, Mel. Calm down,” I said, pulling her back down.

“She is SO lucky that we're here and not away from Frankie and their parents. Seriously, she's going to get her arse whupped,” Mel threatened.

I smiled.

“Well, what were you and Joe arguing about?” I asked. Mel's anger washed away.

“Well, Joe's been acting distant lately. It was obvious that he wanted to be with me, but when I confronted him about it, he said the exact opposite. He said it was just a thing he thought he wanted, but doesn't anymore.”

“That's crap!” I interjected.

“I know, right? So, I called him out on his crap and he said he was already with someone else,” she concluded in a sad tone.

“WHAT?!” I yelled.

The boys stopped playing and looked at me.

“Hehe.. S-sorry. Carry on, boys!” I called.

Nick gave me a questioning look, but I shook my head. He frowned, but continued playing.

“Just don't tell Joe, OK? I don't want him to see me hurt,” Mel pleaded. I sighed looking from her to Joe and back again.

Fine. But if he sends so much as one flirt your way, I'll put him in his place. Agreed?” I asked.

Mel sighed in defeat.

“OK, fine,” she agreed reluctantly.

“I still love you, Mel,” I said, winking.

“Yeah, whatever,” she replied playfully, standing to hug me.

I didn't care what anyone said. Mel had to be my sister. I mean, there was no way Vic was my sister.



It was finally 5 before most of the food was done. Mel had been hanging around Joe, Danielle with Kevin, Denise with Paul, Frankie with Elvis, but it was my time to hang out with Maya and Alyson while Nick was with Jason and Mitchell. Don't ask. I was literally forced to. Maya, Alyson, and I were near the pool “sun bathing”. Ugh.

“So, Rose, may I call you Rosalina?” Alyson asked. I didn't like the sound of this so far.

“Err, sure,” I replied uncertainly.

“What are you expecting in your relationship with Nick?” she asked with a smirk.

“Excuse me?” I asked, frowning.

“I mean, are you using Nick for sex or are you only attracted to him because he sings or plays baseball?” she asked.

“Aly!” Maya exclaimed, her eyes wide as she hit her on the arm, trying to stop her.

“So, you think I'm using Nick?” I asked, standing now.

Alyson and Maya stood, too, Maya looking at Alyson with a pleading look. Alyson glanced at her, then back at me, the same damn smirk on her face.

“Yeah, I think you're using him. There's no other reason why someone like you would fall for him,” she answered coldly.

“And what made you think that? Someone like me? Is that supposed to be insulting? Well, guess what? It's not. Nick is a sweet, caring guy. He may be tough on the outside, but he cherishes his friends as well as his family more than anything. He's very sophisticated and intelligent. Even if Nick wasn't into music or baseball or anything, really, I'd continue to love him no matter what. You can't find someone as unique as he is. I wouldn't want to be with anyone else but Nick. I'm happy, more happy than I've ever been in my entire life,” I concluded.

Both Maya and Alyson stood open-mouthed in shock. Why were they- Oh my gosh. D-did I say I loved him? Oh shit.

I turned from them and ran to find Mel.



We were outside sitting at a huge, white table eating the barbecued food, some chips, and usual at a cookout. I sat with Nick to my left while Mel sat on my right, glaring at Alyson, whom sat across from me. Joe was surprisingly sitting to Mel's right. Of course I told Mel about the me-loving-Nick thing. What does she do? She cheered and squealed. Yeah, squealed.

I was currently eating a bite of the delicious cheeseburger. Mr. J did a damn good job on a grill!

“So, Rose, Mel, did you girls have a good time with us so far?” he asked.

“Yes, sir. Your house is lovely as is your family,” I answered politely, flashing a smile.

Alyson laughed a little. Oh my gosh. If she ruins this, I will punch her.

“The guys aren't too bad, either. Well, besides Jason and Mitchell,” I joked. Everyone laughed except guess who.

“We're not that bad, honestly,” Jason teased, giving me an innocent look.

“Pssht. You're funny. Don't listen to him,” Mitchell said with an eye roll. Everyone laughed once more.

“So, what are your religious views? Nick tells me that you're a Christian believer, also,” Denise said, but it sounded a little uncertain.

“Yes, that's true, Denise. I guess Nick told you a lot about me,” I replied, giving him a quick look.

He smiled, taking a bite of his hot dog, glancing at me as he continued stuffing his face.

“He most certainly did. I trust he told you about the purity ring and his promise to God?” Paul asked in a firm tone.

“Yes, he did and I respect his decision- all of the guys' decision,” I replied.

“So, why don't you make the same promise?” he asked.

“Dad,” Nick interjected, “I'm sorry, but-” Paul raised his hand to silence him. I bit my lip as all eyes fell on me.

“Well?” Alyson asked. Everyone glared at her. Mel gave me a sympathetic look. Honestly, I felt like crying.

“Because I'm not a virgin,” I began.

Everyone's mouth's dropped except Mel, Frankie, Joe, Kevin, Nick, and their parents.

“-but I, however, would never pressure Nick into breaking his promise. As I said before, I respect his decision,” I concluded.

Silence fell once more. Paul smiled.

“She's a keeper, Nick. Good job, son,” he said, a laugh escaping him.

Nick, Mel, and I sighed in relief.

“Thanks, Dad,” Nick got out. He looked like he was going to pass out himself.

The rest of the dinner went smoothly. About 30 minutes later after we cleaned up, Denise brought out the cake. We sung happy birthday before Nick blew out the candles. Everyone cheered.

Next, was present time. Nick got an Ipod Nano from Mel, Ihome from Joe. (I guess they talked about it or something.) Kevin and Danielle got him a wallet and a PSP. Jason and Mitchell got him some more converses and shirts. Maya got him old movies made onto DVDs. Next, was Alyson's gift.

“Don't laugh, OK?” she said to everyone.

She handed Nick a small box. He opened it and almost cried. She pulled out her dog tag and mumbled something to him.

“W-what's going on?” I asked Joe.

“She got them matching dog tags,” he said.

Nick walked, more like stormed inside with Alyson at his heels.

“I-I don't get it. What's the significance-” I began, but he cut across me.

“Nick hasn't told you yet?!” he asked incredulously.

“Um, no?” I answered. Mel shrugged in confusion.

“Go and ask Nick. It's up to him to tell you,” he answered before walking away, Mel going after him to question him.

I got up and followed after Nick and Alyson.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK. I know that this was a VERY long wait and I apologize for that. I've been trying to get my financial aid approved at the college I want to go to, but it's been a nightmare. Also, I've been trying to write A LOT more so I can have more chapters written/typed up for you guys.

I don't know honestly when the next time I'm going to update will be, but I will try to make it by next Monday since next Friday is Christmas and I know you guys will be eagerly waiting for the next update after like, a month's wait for this update.

Again, I'm sorry.

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.