Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 30

I walked around the house, hearing voices getting louder the closer I got to the basement.

“So, why haven't you told her yet? She is your girlfriend, after all”, Alyson said.

“You shouldn't have gotten the dog tags, Aly. You know that was wrong”, Nick said angrily.

“I was there that day, OK? I didn't think it'd be a bad idea to get us matching dog tags. You gave me yours once, remember?” she asked.

“I didn't give them to you. I accidentally left them at your house, remember?” he stressed.

“What do you think she sees in you, anyway? I mean, you could do SO much better than her”, she tried.

“Wow. I didn't expect to hear you say that”, Nick said with sarcasm.

“Just because we dated before doesn't mean things will end up the same way if we got together again”, she said a little heatedly.

“There you go again, Aly. Why can't you accept the fact that I'm happy with Rosie?” he asked.

I could imagine him rubbing his forehead or running a hand through his curls as he said that.

“Because I love you, she doesn't! There's SO many things wrong with her! For God's sake, she's not a virgin! How do you know she wouldn't take advantage of you and make you break your promise? How do you know, Nick?” she asked coldly.

I-I couldn't take it. Alyson hated me, for no reason. Why? I did nothing to her.

“Regardless if she's a virgin or not, she's not you. Rose has a heart and she cares about everyone else before herself. She works her butt off to keep a smile on everyone's face when she's hurting. She's so stubborn, but is at least willing to compromise. Blatant and cold-hearted, but only when necessary. She's a girl who is intelligent. Ha, she-she's Rosie. My Rosie..and I love her.”

I stopped in my tracks, almost about to faint. Nick really loves me....and I love him.

“Whatever. Make yourself believe that now”, she replied in slight shock.

I ran up the stairs, hiding in the room closest to me. It was a closet. Great. I heard footsteps pass the door, then the back door open and then closed. I heaved a sigh. That was close.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas, everybody! I'm celebrating it by updating today just for you guys.

Be prepared for a LOT of twists and turns coming up in a couple of chapters.

Happy holidays, everyone! ^_^

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe. :)