You've Got This Silly Way of Keeping Me on the Edge of My Seat

One more time to say, 'I love you always'...

[[Gerard's POV]]

"MOTHERFUCKER!" I screamed into the late-October air, pissed off and annoyed at how I handled the situation in Frank's ex-boyfriend's apartment just now.

Mikey held on to my shoulders, trying to calm me down. I was so furious with myself I was shaking. My poor brother was still wheezing and had to use his inhaler every few seconds from the way Brendon had his disgusting hands all over him.

Oh God. I wanted to beat that asshole six ways to Sunday. I wanted to knock out every single one of his perfectly white teeth in and hoped that he would choke on them. I wanted to bang his head into the floor so fucking hard his skull would explode. Why did I just stand there and do nothing?

"This is Frank's fight, Gee," Mikey kept saying repeatedly, trying to calm me down. I took a deep breath and tried my hardest to fight off the urge I had to go back into that apartment and give him everything he deserved and then some, but all of a sudden, that urge was gone. The anger, hurt, and rage flew out the window when Frank appeared on top of the steps, looking so angelic and beautiful...

He made eye contact with me and smiled widely, practically flying down the stairs to get to me. He threw his arms around me and held me close, burying his face in my neck. All the negative feelings I'd been feeling were gone, and all that remained was my love for Frankie, and the hope I had for our future together.

"Let's get the fuck out of here," he said proudly, as he mashed his lips against mine furiously, making me melt in his arms right then and there.

"Gladly," I whispered into his lips. He slinked his arm around my waist, and we walked over to re-join Mikey, who was waiting patiently for us to finish our moment. He was all smiles and pulled us both into a big hug.

"I fucking love you guys," Frank declared, kissing both of us on the cheek. "Did he hurt you, Mikey?"

"Not a chance," Mikey said, giving him a reassuring smile.

"Good. Now seriously, let's get the fuck out of here," he giggled, clutching his arms around me tightly.

"You drive, Mikey," I said, tossing him the keys. I needed to spend some time with my beloved; I needed him close to me. Frank shot a funny look at me, surveying the tiny little backseat that we would be riding back to Mikey's in. But all he did was smile that beautiful smile of his at me and squeezed my hand before getting in. He took up half of the available space but I could care less. That only meant we'd be that much closer to each other...

I clambered in after him, shutting the door. Frank and I squirmed in our tiny little backseat, trying our hardest to get comfortable.

"I have an idea," I said, pushing the tiny little foldout seat up and sitting on the floor, signaling for him to join me. He did, and laid his head in my lap. My hands immediately started stroking his hair. "That better?"

"Mmm... this is Heaven, Gee..." he whispered, snuggling up even closer to me.

"You're my Heaven, Frankie..." I whispered back. He raised his head up just long enough so he could kiss my lips and quickly laid it back down, getting comfortable again. And with that, we were off. Nobody said a single word on the ride back. I guess we were all contemplating what had just happened and trying to make peace with it. I hated that fucking idiot for hurting my brother and hurting my Frankie like that... and I especially hated him for what he did to Frank's guitar! I can still remember everything about the day I gave it to him....

"Happy birthday, my pretty baby!" I squealed excitedly into the phone. It was 12:01 AM and it was officially Frank's birthday. I made sure I was the first person to tell him so.

"Thank you, Gee! I'm so excited, I'm seventeen now," he said sweetly into the phone.

"I have a big surprise planned for tomorrow, sugar..." I informed him, barely able to hold my own excitement in.

"Yay! I can't wait to see what it is," he replied with a yawn. He was so adorable, so wonderful, so perfect. God, I would do absolutely anything to have been there with him at that very moment...

"You know, you could get it now....can I come over?" I closed my eyes, hoping to God he would say yes. His parents were really strict and completely homophobic. Judging from his silence, I already knew what the answer was.

"I'm sorry, Gee. I can't sneak you in, the alarm is on and they'll know..." he sighed into the phone, sounding rather defeated.

"It's okay, baby," I said, sighing deeply. "I'll pick you up for school tomorrow and you'll get your surprise then. I can't wait to see you."

"I can't wait to see you either, love. I'll see you in the morning, okay?"

"K. Goodnight Frankie."

"Goodnight, Gee. Sweet dreams," he yawned once again, then the line went dead. I didn't mind that I couldn't go visit him, or that the conversation wasn't very long. I had a lot of work to do...


"Gee? Sweetie, we're here," Frank said, kissing my lips. I'd gotten pretty wrapped up in that daydream, it seemed like we made it back to my folks' house in record time. They still weren't home, which was a good thing because they would have kept us there for hours. I was ready to get Frankie and his stuff back to my place... our place as soon as possible.

"You ready to move in with me, baby?" I asked, draping my arms lazily around his shoulders, pulling his lips in to meet mine.

"Mmm-hmm," Frankie whimpered, practically shoving his tongue down my throat. "I can't wait..."

"I'm gonna go pick up Alyssa. She's been bitching because I haven't been spending any time with her," Mikey chimed in, interrupting the make out session we had going on.

"That's cool, Mikey. Bring her with you. It's about time I meet her," I said, laughing at how silly my little brother was sometimes. For some reason, he never wanted to bring her around...

"I'm hungry, too. We might stop and get something before we come up there," Mikey added, throwing his keys up in the air and catching them.

"Well, we can order pizza when we get to my... I mean, our place," I corrected myself, kissing Frank on the top of his head. He smiled and wrapped his arms even tighter around me.

"Yay, pizza! Okay, I'm going to run and get Alyssa and then I'll see you guys in a bit," Mikey said as he took off, leaving me all alone with my beloved. I decided to take advantage of the situation, pushing him up against my truck and placing my hands on either side of his face, letting my fingers run through his hair. I stared deeply into his eyes before attacking his lips, running my tongue all along his lip ring.

"You ready, baby?" I asked breathlessly, pulling away.

"I've been ready," he replied, gazing dreamily back at me. I opened the door for him like I always used to, earning a grateful smile from him as I shut the door behind him. I got in as well, and we began our way home. The ride started off pretty silent, and my thoughts quickly started to drift back to the day I gave Frank his guitar...

That next morning, I woke up and got all super-spiffed up in my tightest black jeans and favorite Misfits shirt. I put my eyeliner on just right and ruffled up my hair to perfection. After I packed his presents and all the things we would need for our adventure today, I was off to his house to pick him up.

He stepped out the front door looking stunning as ever in a similar get-up as mine, only he had on a Black Flag shirt instead. He got in and did something he never did before... he kissed me. In front of his house. In plain view of anyone who happened to be looking.

"Happy Halloween, Gee," he said happily, his arms still wrapped tightly around me.

"Happy birthday, Frankie..." I trailed off, confused to why he was so affectionate all of a sudden. Normally I wasn't allowed to be affectionate with him until after we safely pulled away from his house... that was pretty much an unspoken rule.

"I'm seventeen now. Fuck them," was all he needed to say. I grabbed him by his hair forcefully, bringing his lips to meet mine in a passionate frenzy of love and emotions. As I pulled away, he wrapped himself around my arm and placed his head on my shoulder. The adventure had officially begun....

"I love you, Frank. So fucking much," I said, still in disbelief that he kissed me like that in front of his house. It might seem like nothing really, but to me that was the biggest deal in the world.

"Aww, I love you too, baby! And I want the entire world to know it," he said, reaching over to place another large kiss on my lips. I just sat there, enjoying his happiness. I knew he meant it, but I was still rather skeptical and knew he was still going to keep his relationship with me a secret from his parents. They were the definition of homophobic, and I knew they would never accept us. But I just kept driving... with a smile on my face... hellbent on making today the most amazing day of Frank's life.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I asked, stroking his hair.

He shot me a confused look. "Won't we be late for...?"

"School? We're not going to school today, love. It's your birthday, and we're going to do whatever you want to do. I mean, unless you want to go to school..." I teased him, smiling mischievously at him.

"Are you kidding me?!" He exclaimed, jumping excitedly in the seat next to me. "I want... hmm, let's see. I want... strawberry pancakes!"

"If my baby wants strawberry pancakes, he's going to get strawberry pancakes," I said, kissing the top of his head that was placed peacefully on my shoulder again.

After we finished our breakfast, it was time to put the next phase of Frankie's big day into action. I dug the handkerchief I had stuffed in my pocket out and tied it around Frank's eyes.

"Not fair," he pouted, crossing his arms in front of him.

"Just keep that on for about fifteen minutes," I begged him, kissing his lips as we headed off to our next destination... where his big surprise would be revealed. We ended up at the beach in no time, but I still refused to let him know where we were just yet.

"Okay, Frank. I need you to hang out like that for just two more minutes while I set everything up. No peeking!" I said, kissing his lips again.

"Okay," he giggled. I unloaded the blanket I had packed in the trunk, and set it down in the perfect spot. I was happy his birthday fell on a Tuesday, the beach was completely empty and the weather was surprisingly beautiful. I took all of his presents and laid them out carefully on the blanket, as well as the birthday cake I'd picked up for him the night before. It was a very small one, nothing to brag about but I knew he would love it.

I sighed deeply, hoping Frankie would like his surprises. I opened his door and he got out, jumping around excitedly.

"Can I see my surprise yet, Gee? Pleeease," he begged me oh-so-adorably, I couldn't resist. I kissed his lips again and untied the blindfold.

"Happy birthday, sugar..." I whispered in his ear. He stood there for a minute, not moving or saying anything, hardly even blinking. He then turned to look at me, and threw his arms around me, wrapping me in one of the biggest hugs in the history of the world.

"This is where we first met..." he managed to choke out, the tears evident in his eyes. I smiled, remembering that day.

"Yep. I came here because I was pissed off at the world, and you were selling ice cream," I said, laughing at how unhappy that job made him. I wiped the few little tears that had fallen from his eyes, and kissed his cheek.

"Oh God. I hated that job!" he exclaimed, joining me in my laughter. "Then I saw you sitting in the sand, in the middle of a bunch of screaming kids. You were dressed all in black with your black sunglasses on, and I was just so struck by you. I left that stupid ice cream cart and sat down beside you. And we stayed like that the entire day..."

He laced his fingers with mine, smiling brightly at me. "I've been yours ever since."

"I'm always going to be yours, Frankie," I said, smiling back at him.

He knelt down on the blanket, gasping when he saw what kind of cake I had gotten him. "Gee... you shouldn't have..." he said, more tears forming in his eyes. It was a Nightmare Before Christmas cake, and said 'Happy birthday to my beloved, Frankie. Love always, Gee'.

He pulled me down on top of him, locking his lips with mine. I was cheering silently inside, so excited that he was liking his surprise so far. He ran his fingers over each individually wrapped present, his eyes shining brightly at the extra large one that held the most important present in it.

"Can I...?" he asked, his eyes full of excitement.

"This one, first," I said, handing him a rather large box that made a lot of noise when he shook it.

"Gee, this wrapping paper is so amazing!" he exclaimed, eyeing the Nightmare Before Christmas wrapping paper. "I'll have to save this..." he mumbled to himself, tucking the wrapping paper he'd just unwrapped away carefully. He quickly opened the box, and countless packets of Skittles came pouring out all around him.

"It's raining Skittles!" he squealed, holding one of the packets over his heart before he pounced on me.

"Not just any kind of Skittles, Tropical Skittles! Your favorite, Frankie," I said happily, as he placed kisses all over my face. "The guy looked at me like I was crazy when I walked up to the counter with twenty packets of Tropical Skittles and asked for a carton of Marlboro's."

"This is the greatest present ever, Gee. I love it..." he gushed, ripping a packet of his beloved Skittles open and pouring a handful in his mouth.

"Open this one next," I instructed, handing him another one of the boxes, also wrapped in the same Nightmare Before Christmas wrapping paper. He squealed excitedly again, as a Misfits hoodie fell into his lap. He held it close to him, before putting it on.

"Baby! This is amazing!" He exclaimed as he pounced on me again, kissing my face all over just like he did when he opened his first present. I was ecstatic that he liked these small presents so much, I can only imagine what he'll do when he opens the big one...

"You're amazing," I said, catching his lips and holding him there for a good minute or two before letting him go. "Now, this one."

He untied the ribbon that held that box in tact, before ripping the paper. This time, he stared rather questionably at what fell out of the box.

"Guitar strings, Gee? And a box of guitar picks...?"

His eyes then went wide, as he pointed to the big box that wasn't wrapped in the Nightmare Before Christmas paper, instead in simple black wrapping paper and a big red bow. "It's... it's... it's..."

"Open it and see!" I squealed excitedly. He ripped open the paper and stared in disbelief.

"Oh my God, Gee, it's..." he said, the tears in his eyes spilling over as he looked at the big black case that laid before him.

"It's just a big box. Nothing special," I said, earning a playful punch in the arm from him.

"Baby! Oh my God, you didn't..." He kept turning his attention from the long black case that laid out before him back to me. I kept smiling innocently, urging him to open the case I knew he couldn't wait to get his hands on. "Help me open it, Gee..."

I smiled, and undid the latch on the right side of the case, as he undid the latch on left, revealing the gift that awaited him inside. He stared at it starstruck, almost as if it weren't real. He took the beautiful white guitar out of it's case and cradled it gently to his chest, tears falling freely from those beautiful cheeks of his. I kissed them away, wrapping my arms around him, holding him tightly.

"She's beautiful, Gee..." he whispered, staring in awe at his new present.

"You're beautiful, Frankie. Happy birthday..."


"What are you thinking about, over there?" Frank asked, literally scaring the hell out of me. I was so completely wrapped up in my thoughts I'd almost forgotten he was sitting there next to me. I looked over at him and smiled at what I saw. He had his knees folded up against his chest and clung to them tightly. He was the most beautiful thing I'd ever laid my eyes on, and I was so happy to have him back in my life.

"Nothing, sweet pea. Just thinking about how much I fucking love you," I said dreamily, as he snuggled into my arm just like he used to, making himself comfortable as we continued on tomy our apartment.

I sat there with a smile, a million different ideas racing through my head. I was determined to make this birthday his best one yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was more of a flashback chapter, my apologies for that.
It's setting the stage for what's to come next :)