You've Got This Silly Way of Keeping Me on the Edge of My Seat

I'm not worth a single cent without you..

"Mmm, Gerard!"

He had me pinned up against the elevator wall, with his left arm draped on my lower back, and his right arm wrapped around my neck. He was paying extra-special attention to sucking on my neck, which made me moan out his name in pure fucking ecstasy.

The elevator stopped at our floor, and he pushed himself off of me and smiled.

"Come on, sugar. Let's go home," he said excitedly. He picked me up bridal style, which made me burst into a fit of giggles as he led me down the hall tohis our apartment. I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing his cheek the entire time. He stuck the key in the door and opened it, then gently kissed my lips as he walked in with me still dangling from his arms.

"Welcome home, my love," he said, staring happily at me as he set me down.

My arms quickly latched on to him, holding him tightly, taking in this moment. The smell of his hair, which smelled like apples... his cologne, which smelled like Abercrombie... mixed deliciously with the faint hint of nicotine.

He smelled beautiful. He smelled like Heaven. He smelled like Gerard, just like I always remembered. A day ago I would have given anything to be with him, to smell him again, to hold him in my arms, to kiss those delicious lips of his....

All of this felt like a dream. A beautiful, yet cruel fucking dream. I was so afraid I'd be woken up at any moment, back in bed with Brendon, alone and afraid. But then Gerard would kiss me, or hold my hand, or smack my ass and I realized... he really was here. Or better yet, I was here with him. Or even better than that, Brendon was nowhere to be found, and he was out of my life, for good this time.

When the hell did things suddenly start going my way...?

"Thank you, Gee," I said, still clutching tightly onto him. I took in the scent of his hair again and kissed his neck. He shivered just slightly and stared me deep in my eyes, holding on to either side of my face. He was smoothing my hair from in front of my face for me and staring at me dreamily. I'm pretty sure I was returning that same starstruck gaze.

"For what, love?" He let go of me, staring at me intently.

"Rescuing me," I whispered. I looked away, which made the hair fall back in my face. I didn't want him to see the tears that were forming due to the overwhelming emotions I was feeling for him.

"Hey..." he replied, cupping my face in his hands again. He gently brushed the hair out of my face again and pressed his lips lightly against mine.

"You rescued me by coming here last night. Nothing has been the same without you, Frankie. I haven't been the same without you. You saved me from-"

I cut him off by kissing him rather hard. I did not want to hear the end of that sentence.

"We saved each other," I finished for him, quickly reattaching my lips back to his. He broke away from our kiss and I swear I could see stars in his eyes. I'm sure those same little butterflies that were currently dancing in my stomach were swimming around in his, too.

"Come on sugar, let me show you around. I spent all last night after you and Mikey left getting ready for you!"

His face lit up with excitement as he took my hand and led me into the living room. It looked a whole hell of a lot.... different than it did last night. There were no empty bottles of beer and liquor lying around, no empty pizza boxes or discarded cartons of Chinese food. There were no clothes or art supplies randomly strewn here and there.

Instead, the room was beautiful. Gerard had a pretty nice entertainment center set up, complete with a gigantic stereo system and a decent sized TV. He had a really amazing collection of DVD box sets and an even bigger collection of CDs, both set up on either side of the entertainment center.

Everything was neat and in it's place, but it still had a nice "homey" feeling to it. The walls, which I had failed to see last night, were plastered with random band posters and had framed pictures of him and Mikey on it. He even had a few framed of me and him. I was flattered.

"So, what do you think...?" He asked me, biting his lip nervously.

"I think your place is amazing, Gerard. It's really, really pretty. One of the prettiest things I've ever seen," I replied, stating the obvious. His little apartment was immaculate and simply... for lack of a better word, perfect.

"Well, you're wrong about two things, babe," he said, wrapping his arms around me tightly, pulling me into a warm embrace. "One, this isn't just my place now, it's ours. Two, I know you've seen your face in the mirror before. That Frankie, is the most beautiful thing in the entire world."

I giggled uncontrollably as he began kissing me everywhere. He stopped, and simply held me in his arms. He was fiddling with my hair again, running his fingers through it and resting them on my cheek. We stayed like that, completely silent and still, our eyes interlocked with each other.

"I'm so glad you're here with me, Frank," he spoke finally, sighing deeply.

It melted my heart that this meant just as much to him as it did to me. He actually wanted me here with him, still, after all these years. Nothing had changed, except for the fact that we were older and our hair was slightly different. The emotions, the feelings, the butterflies... they were still there, stronger than ever.

"Now, to the Batcave! I mean, bedrooms!" He shouted boldly, shooting one arm in the air.

I giggled at how adorable he was. He was just like I remembered him. He still had that same childlike wonder in him that made me melt. I loved that he was silly and could be silly around me. I can tell that part of him had been shut down for quite some time, and I was happy that I was the one that he was able to let it out for.

He slinked an arm around my waist and led me all the way down the hall to his bedroom.

"You've already seen this one, you know, from last night, so that's nothing new," he said, shrugging. "There's nothing too particularly fancy about it, except of course now you'll be sleeping here in my bed with me. I get to wake up every morning to that pretty little face of yours, Frankie. How fucking perfect is that?"

"Mmm, not as perfect as you, Gee," I replied, pulling him in even closer by wrapping my arms completely around him. I began kissing him rather forcefully, and pushed him backwards towards the direction of the bed. I straddled him, pinning his shoulders down so he couldn't move. I had him right where I wanted him....

"I think you are the most amazing..." I began, kissing his left cheek. "Sexy..." I continued, kissing his right cheek. "Most incredible person I have ever met in my entire life," I finished my sentence, but was nowhere done with the business at hand. I nibbled on his earlobe, which drove him crazy underneath me, then licked the entire side of his neck. I then proceeded to suck hard on said neck, causing him to squirm and moan out my name.

He shyed away from me, bringing his lips to meet my own but I immediately trailed back down to his neck, kissing all along his jawline and proceeding to suck hard on his collarbone.

"Oh God, Frank, why do you do these things to me?" He whimpered, helplessly trying to escape the inexplicable pleasure I was bringing him.

"Because I can," I replied simply, earning a slap on the ass from him. It's nice to know I still had that effect on him.

"Well, as much as I want to continue this, I still have one more room to show you. It's the most important one of all, actually..." he said shyly. His cheeks were red and flushed, and I couldn't tell if he was actually blushing or if he was flushed because of what I was just doing to him. It was probably a good mixture of both.

I was so intrigued by his sudden shyness, that I rolled off of him and let him up. "What is it, baby?"

"Come here and I'll show you..."

He took my hand and led me back into the hallway, and we stopped right in front of the doorway that lead to a room I'd failed to see before. It was sort of like it was hidden away from the rest of the world to see.

I watched him as he took a deep breath and apprehensively turned the doorknob. He stepped back and held the door open for me, urging for me to enter first.

I did, and stood there with my hand over my mouth, staring in awe at what I saw. The walls were a blinding white, with random paint splatters here and there. There were paint easels and sketchpads and it was just a big, beautiful, cluttered mess.

"This is my studio, Frankie," he said proudly, bringing me over to one of the easels. My hand clamped over my mouth as I stared at it, gawking at it's beauty. It was a painting of a bridge, and what I assumed was the New York skyline. There were two people sitting on the bridge, holding each other tight and staring into each other's eyes.

"Is that...?" I questioned, not being able to take my eyes off of the painting. My own eyes started to build with tears when I realized who those two people were supposed to be.

"Yes love. That's me and you," he replied. I looked at him and saw that his eyes were also filled with tears. I wrapped him tightly in my arms, kissing his hair and clutching him tightly.

"Gerard, it's beautiful..." I whispered, kissing his hair once more. He looked at me and smiled, obviously relieved by my reaction. I will never understand why he was nervous about showing me. His level of talent was out of this world.

"Just wait 'til you see the other ones," he said excitedly, leading me to one of the other sketches he had set up on one of the easels.

This one was of two people lying on the ground, looking into each other's eyes again. I smiled when I realized the two people were also supposed to be us. He let me wander on my own, so I could survey the other works of art he had displayed proudly for me to see. I felt so honored that he taken my boring face and actually made it beautiful for once.

I knelt down to look at all the pictures he had on the floor. He had no desk or any actual furniture in the room, just the easels and the random art supplies and artwork strewn in every direction. There were some paintings and drawings of random shapes and objects and patterns, all beautiful and colorful and black-and-white. But the ones that really struck me were the ones he'd done of me and him.

I skimmed over a portrait he'd done of me smoking a cigarette. The way he drew the smoke billowing all around me literally took my breath away. My eyes were then fixated on another portrait of us. In this one, we were both standing on some sort of platform, holding our hands out for the other to take.

"I can't believe you have so many of us, Gee. I mean, you captured everything about us so perfectly..."

He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my neck softly. I dropped everything I was holding and looked up at him. He was smiling so beautifully, looking from his artwork to me.

"You're my inspiration, Frankie..."

Those words made my heart flutter in more ways than one. I maneuvered myself so that I was now facing him, our lips barely touching, our eyes locked together.

He crashed his lips into mine, laying me down so that he was on top of me. He made quick work of removing both of our shirts and then straddled me, attacking my neck with kisses and bite-marks. He undid my pants and slid them off, grinning evilly down at me the entire time. As soon as he got his off, he climbed back on top of me, grinding his hips into mine and making me want him more than I've ever wanted anything in the entire world.

He went back to work on my neck, making his way down my chest and down to my pelvic region. He sat straight up and stared down at me in all of my naked glory, his eyes clouded with something I couldn't quite place until he said the following little words...

"Fuck me, baby."