Status: I'm sorry for the long hiatus. My muse was dead for so long! I'll see what I can do about continuing this story.

What Difference Will It Make?

School Great

“I’ve never let school interfere with my education.” Mark Twain

Shadow POV

By the time I’d woken up, gotten ready, and down to the Common Room, I’d barely glanced at my timetable that was in my hands. While eating breakfast, I studied it hard enough for it to be permanently lodged into my mind. It went sort of like this:

Monday
Herbology w/ Ravenclaw-Professor Sprout
---Free Period---
Charms w/ Ravenclaw-Professor Flitwick
---Lunch---
Transfiguration w/ Gryfindorr-Professor McGonagall
Potions w/ Hufflepuff-Professor Snape
---Dinner---
Tuesday
Charms w/ Hufflepuff-Professor Flitwick
---Free Period---
Defense Against the Dark Arts w/ Hufflepuff-Professor Quirrell
---Lunch---
History of Magic w/ Gryfindorr-Professor Binns
Transfiguration w/ Ravenclaw-Professor Mcgonagall
---Dinner---
Wednesday
Herbology w/ Gryfindorr-Professor Sprout
---Free Period---
History of Magic w/ Gryfindorr-Professor Binns
---Lunch---
Defense Against the Dark Arts w/ Ravenclaw-Professor Quirrell
Transfiguration w/ Gryfindorr-Professor McGonagall
---Dinner---
Midnight-Astronomy w/ Gryfindorr-Professor Sinistra
Thursday
Flying w/ Gryfindorr-Madam Hooch
---Free Period---
Charms w/ Hufflepuff-Professor Flitwick
---Lunch---
Potions w/ Ravenclaw-Professor Snape
History of Magic w/ Hufflepuff-Professor Binns
---Dinner---
Friday
Herbology w/ Ravenclaw-Professor Sprout
---Free Period---
Flying w/ Ravenclaw-Madam Hooch
---Lunch---
Double Potions w/ Gryffindor-Professor Snape
---Dinner---

I started to feel sick when I saw flying. Have I mentioned I’m afraid of heights? Well, now I have.

Today was Monday which means I have Herbology. I have this with Ravenclaw. Good, someone I know is there. I checked the giant clock and saw that it was 8:45 and classes start at nine. I quickly ate my breakfast and headed over.

Walking over, I saw some Slytherins surrounding someone. It was Luna! There were taunting her. I recognized Draco among them and white-hot rage filled me as I tapped his shoulder. The second he turned around I punched him in the face and felt a sickening crack.

“Stay away from my friends Malfoy.” I spat in his face, elbowed him out of the way, and reached my hand to Luna as she gratefully took it.

“Thanks. You really shouldn’t have done that though. You could get in trouble.” Luna worriedly sighed.

“Don’t worry about it. If I do, it’ll be for a good reason.” I smiled at her as we quickly rushed into Herbology, passed though break, and flew past Charms with a light load of homework as we showed great excellence.

“I was honestly worried that everything would go wrong.” I told Luna truthfully and she shyly smiled up at me seeing as she was four foot, six and I was a good five feet. We sat down on the benches of Ravenclaw as she told me we can sit on other tables.

“There are plenty of muggle-borns here. No need to worry.” She said, distractedly as she picked on her breadstick that she ate with her cheese and broccoli soup.

“The thing is, I’m not muggle-born, but I didn’t know anything about this until I turned eleven.” I replied. She looked at me promptly and asked me how come.

“Well....you see....the thing is that I’m an orphan. My god-father came to me when I turned eleven.” I said. She looked at me sadly, but before she even got the chance to open her mouth, I spoke, “I don’t need pity, but a good friend keeps it out of my mind.” I gave her a weak half-smile and proceeded to eating a carrot.

“Alright. I have Potions next. What about you.” I groaned.

“I have Transfiguration with Gryffindorrs.” At this, I cheered myself up. Harry will be there.

“You won’t pick on them or anything, will you?” She asked me. Why in the world.....oh.

“I get it. Because I’m a Slytherin you think I’ll pick on people. I’m still the same Shadow you met on the train.” I bit my lip, waiting on her answer.

“I’m sorry. I don’t even know why the sorting hat put you in Slytherin. You do know that the hat’s never changed its mind halfway, right?” Well that explains all the surprise.

“Are you sure? Maybe even once?” I was bloody desperate! Aww, come on! I do not, repeat do not, like attention. She shook her head and I banged my head on the table causing a few eyes to land in my direction.

“It’s not that bad. Have you heard about Harry Potter? You, they’ll forget. Him, they’ll go on and on about.” That’s true. Looking into his mind, he hates fame as much as I do. Poor guy.

“You’re right. See you later.” I said, leaving with a wave and into hell.

----------------------------------------

I was sitting yet again at the Ravenclaw table during dinner. I didn’t quite get to meet Harry, but Neville was friendly enough. I was his partner during Transfiguration and finally managed to help him turn a match into a needle by the end of it. I might become a teacher someday due to my patience. As I was pondering this, a bunch of owls came in with packages and letters. Huh. Owl post. Brilliant. You’d imagine I was surprised when a black-banded owl stopped right in front of me and gave me a letter. I gave him a bit of biscuit in his mouth as a reward and he left. I opened the letter addressed to me.

Dear Shadow,

You want your answers, the professors want theirs, and I want mine. Please come to the gargoyle at 9:00 sharp. If Filch bothers you, show him this letter.

P.S. Dumbledore is rather fond of Lemon Drops.

Yours Truly,
Severus Snape

As soon as I was finished reading, I looked up at the clock. There, it was 7:30, so I still had plenty of time.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a filler and in the next chapter I'll have more information on Shadow. 956 words, Whoa!
Sev's owl
Sorry I deleted Witch's Brew, but I just forgot my storyline and now I have no idea what to do with it. Hope those of you who read the story can forgive me.