Status: I'm sorry for the long hiatus. My muse was dead for so long! I'll see what I can do about continuing this story.

What Difference Will It Make?

Confessions

“Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead.”-Benjamin Franklin

Shadow POV

At 8:45 I carefully slid out of bed without waking my horrible room-mates. Pansy, and her three nasty followers: Debole, Mauvais, and Princely.

Walking out wasn’t the hardest thing in the world, and despite Sev’s worries, I didn’t cross Filch or his nasty cat, Miss Norris.

Coming in front of the gargoyle, I said “Lemon drop” and the gargoyle bowed and slid aside to reveal a spectacular staircase. I quickly got on and it started curving upward. Soon enough, I was face to face with another pair of large oak double doors (seriously?). I yet again checked the clock out of the small window. 9:00 sharp. Knocking once, a voice I recognized as Dumbledore’s said for me to come in.

I carefully pushed the doors and walked in. There, were all the professors except for Quirrell staring at me. I supposed they were as clueless as I was. Probably a bit more.

“Ah, welcome Shadow. Please have a seat. Lemon drop?” He asked as I sat down. I shook my head and he took back the bowl filled to the top with the citrus candy.

“I suppose you all want to know why you’re here. Well you see, I have to start at the beginning. Severus, do you still have that note that I gave to James?” Sev took a rather old piece of paper out and handed it to Dumbledore.

“This letter should explain most of it. Pass it around please. (if you don’t remember what was in the letter, go to chapter one)

I heard gasps of shock escape when the letter was read. I wondered what was in it. Soon enough, it was passed last to me. As I read it, especially to the part in which I might kill Harry, my eyes widened to the point in which I was pretty sure it took up my entire face. I carefully handed it to Dumbledore and he nodded.

“Everything written in this letter is true, which means this girl sitting in front of me is the twin sister of Harry Potter.” I got out my poker face as I felt the stares on my back. Then suddenly, Ms. McGonagall asked a question.

“May I ask how Severus knew before all of us?” She was a curious person.

“He knew because he is her godfather.” Dumbledore replied curtly.

“Why in the world would James make Severus her godfather. Maybe Remus or Peter, but definitely not Severus.” Who the bloody hell are Remus and Peter?

“I have a memory that will explain it all. Shall we?” Sev moved towards a closet while pulling out a bottle filled with some silver not gas, not liquid substance. There, he put it into what seemed to be a huge basin. And leaned in. He was pulled headfirst in! Dumbledore urged me next, and I mimicked Sev into the giant bowl.

Severus POV eleven years ago

I heard a knock on the door and went to see who it is on this dreary and rather rainy day. Getting up from my seat and putting the Daily Prophet down, I went to open my rather shabby door.

There, I saw a man in a cloak. First thinking it was a Death Eater, I partially drew my wand, but still kept it out of sight. He was carrying a bundle of something and shifted it before he spoke.

“Hello Severus. May I come in?” I was shocked. Why it was the voice of James Potter himself! What is he doing here? I cautiously opened the door and drew my wand completely out. If he noticed, he didn’t show it. He just carried the bundle and made no move to attack.

“What are you doing here?” I questioned. I had no reason to be hospitable to an old enemy.

“I need to speak with you. It’s urgent.” He sounded so strained. When I looked at his face I saw that his eyes were bloodshot and cheeks tearstained. I could instantly tell that something was wrong, and enemy or not, I’m still human.

“Have a seat and explain.” Showing him to the seat across from me. He began.

“You already know that I have a son, Harry. You already know that the daughter, Shadow, was in a breech. You already know that there was only a 5% chance she would survive.” At that, he unwrapped the bundle and showed it to me. It was the face of a child who had Lily’s features almost exactly. He handed her to me and I gently held her in my arms looking down at her.

She felt the exchange and gave out a small yawn and rubbed her eyes as she woke. Her eyes were the only thing that didn’t match. They were a deep and dark chocolate brown, but it seem to change anything. She looked at me, smiled, cuddled closer, and fell back to sleep.

“You’ve got the best luck I’ve ever seen. 5% James? That is what I call a miracle.” I replied and he smiled sadly.

“You’re right there, but hers isn’t the best. Before you ask, no she does not have any disability, but I have a note here given to me by Dumbledore. Read it.” He handed me a letter with the Hogwarts seal (ch. 1) and as I read it, I came to realization.

“You want me to take care of her since I’d be the least suspected.” I asked emotionlessly, but before he could speak, I continued, “I’m one of your main enemies, and I work for the Dark Lord, and yet?”

“If Lily trusts you, then so do I. Even if you can’t take care of her, send her to an orphanage and watch over her. I make you the godfather of Shadow Lily Potter. If I am to die, you have full responsibility over her well being. Even in death, I don’t want to see anything happen to her. Is that understood?” I sighed and nodded knowing there was no arguing against him.

“I’ll tell Lily about her this Halloween. I’ll take her back then, but until I do please take care of her.” He pleaded as I nodded and turned the bed in the extra room into a cradle. He smiled, kissed his daughter’s forehead and left me alone with his daughter into the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next few chapters (including this one) are in the late 900 or early 1000 words. Be happy! Oh, and also, I will be updating regularly every say three days unless I'm on holiday in which case I'll warn you. This means that the next update will be on Monday.
her outfit
Here's something I made for WDWIM year one