Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

twenty-three

"So, tell me about your, what did you call it? Externship?" Jordan said after we were seated in my kitchen. I had made a couple of strawberry-pineapple smoothies for us.

"Mhmm," I nodded. "What do you want to know?"

"Everything," Jordan said before taking a sip of his smoothie. "Start with how you ended up in Pittsburgh."

"Well," I started, "I chose Pittsburgh. I really missed you guys and figured that I could work here. Marc thought it was a good idea and called your landlord and got me this place. He said he'd pay for it until I get enough money to pay for rent. Although I didn't want him to pay, he persuaded me to agree. That was about a month and a half ago.

"So then a couple weeks ago, Marc and Brandon drove down with me and helped me move in. I went to see Max and Marc-Andre because they were the only two people in town. When I came back, Marc and Brandon had all your furniture in here and were playing games.

"I only started working last week. The hours are pretty decent. I work Monday to Thursday from four until ten and Friday and Saturday from four until eleven. I get Sundays off, which is really nice."

"That's great," Jordan smiled. "What kind of food do you make?"

"It's a french restaurant," I replied. "So you know, stuff like Rouleaux and Poisson du soir."

"Yea, of course," Jordan nodded with a confused expression on his face. "What's that?"

I laughed a bit. "Rouleaux are vegetarian spring rolls with snow peas, daikon radish, cucumber, cilantro, basil and fresh chevre with parsley-lemon sauce."

"Oh," Jordan said. "The other one is fish, right?"

"Yes," I smiled.

"Are you going to tell me where it is you are working?" Jordan questioned.

"Nope," I shook my head. "I don't need you showing up."

"Come on, Brylyn," Jordan whined. "Please?"

"What's Jordan begging for?" Max asked as he and Kris walked into the kitchen.

"He wants to know where I work," I answered. "There are a couple of smoothies in the fridge if you two want one."

"Thanks," Kris said making his way to the fridge and handing Max one of the smoothies. "Now why won't you tell us where you work?"

"I don't want you guys showing up on your day off," I stated, as if it was obvious.

"Come on, Bry," Kris said. "It's not like we would actually see you. You'll be in the back cooking."

"Fine," I sighed. "I'm working at Le Pommier Bistro Francais."

"You work in Southside?" Max said.

"Yes I do," I looked at Max. "Is that a problem?"

"No," Max shook his head. "I just wanted to make sure I was thinking of the right place. So, french cuisine, that's pretty impressive."

"I suppose," I shrugged. "I love it and wouldn't have wanted to work anywhere else."

"Merveilleux," Max smiled. "I'll have to stop by sometime."

"Me too," Kris nodded.

"I have no doubt that all three of you, along with Sid, Geno, TK and Marc-Andre will show up," I rolled my eyes. "Some how I have a feeling you guys will talk Sid into making it a team thing and the whole team will show up."

"Hey," Jordan perked up. "That's a good idea. When is our next day off? Let's get Sid to tell all the guys and we can make it a team building thing."

"Oh dear," I said, shaking my head.

"I'll tell Sid right now," Max exclaimed pulling out his phone and dialing Sidney's number.

Great, I thought.Look what I've done. I couldn't help but smile at the guys as they made plans to eat at the restaurant.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know if you can do externships at Le Pommier, but I'm going to use it anyways. Hopefully you like this one, I don't say much about her career, but I'm going to try to add more about it. Thanks for the comments everyone! They are really appreciated.