Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

twenty-eight

Within the next two hours, Max had found an outfit for me. He chose a grey floral bubble dress and a simple pair of grey flip flops. Although I didn't like dresses, I agreed to wear it.

Max dropped me off at home before he headed for practice. I knew I had about two hours to get ready, which was lots of time for me. So I went and had a long shower. When I got out, I saw that my phone was blinking. I picked it up to find a message from Max saying that Kris was picking me up after practice. I sent a message back saying thanks for letting me know and then I started doing my hair. I chose to leave it down and let it naturally curl. I swept my bangs to the left and applied very little mascara. I never wore make-up, unless it was a special occasion or for work. For some reason I felt like this was a special occasion. Once I was done, I checked the time. I had another half hour before Kris would show up.

I slipped into my dress and put my shoes on before going to my kitchen. I made a quick meal and finished eating just as someone knocked on my door.

When I opened it, I found Kris leaning against the wall. "Hey," Kris said as he walked into my apartment. "I love that dress."

"Thanks," I replied. "Max picked it out."

"Oh, really?" Kris smirked.

"Yes really," I roiled my eyes. "Letang, you've really got to stop with this whole 'you like Max and Max likes you' thing. I don't believe you for one thing and for another, I am pretty positive I don't like Max."

"Just wait until the party," Kris grinned. Something about that grin scared me just a little.

"Are we leaving soon?" I asked.

"Yea," Kris nodded. "Let's go."

When we got to Max's house, we knocked on the door. The door opened to reveal a very pissed off looking Jordan Staal.

"What's your problem?" I asked as Kris and I walked into the house.

"Nothing," Jordan mumbled. I made a mental note to ask him about it later.

I followed the two boys into the living room where some of the team was situated. I said hi to some of the guys that I had met before. I quickly found Vero and went to the kitchen to get drinks with her.

"I don't get it," I said.

"Get what?" Vero asked while pouring a drink for Marc-Andre.

"How Kris can think that I like Max," I stated. I couldn't get the thought out of my head. "I mean, no-one else believes that, right?"

"Uh," Vero hesitated. "Right. Of course not."

I gave her a look. "Tell me the truth."

"Fine," she sighed. "Basically the guys who know you think that you and Max should be together. For some reason, neither you nor Max believe us."

"By 'us' you mean the guys," I said. "Or does that include you?"

"Oh it definitely includes me," Vero smirked.

"Great," I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"Just forget about it tonight, ok?" Vero said, handing me a drink. "Drink up."

"Ok," I said before taking a sip of whatever Vero gave me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, I need your opinions. For my next story, what should it be? Romance? Mystery? Tragedy? Comment me and let me know. I'm building some ideas, but I need to figure out what kind I am going to write.