Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

sixty-nine

"What's going on with you?" I asked as I drove around New York with Kris.

"What do you mean?" Kris replied. He gave me a weird look.

"You haven't said much all day," I told him. "You said happy birthday at the restaurant and that is about it."

"I don't have much to say, I guess," Kris shrugged.

"Don't lie to me, Letang, or I'll kick you out of this car and you can walk back to the hotel," I warned.

"You wouldn't do it," Kris smiled.

"Would to," I argued.

"Whatever," Kris shook his head with a laugh. "You really want to know?"

"I do," I nodded.

"That's really too bad," Kris smirked.

"Je ne vous aime pas," I muttered.

"No you don't."

"I forgot your french," I chuckled. "Ready to go back?"

"I sure am," Kris said.

"I'll find out sooner or later," I said as I turned into the parking lot where everyone was standing. "So you might as well tell me."

"There is nothing to tell," Kris said. He quickly got out of my car and walked over to Jordan. They started whispering about something.

I shook my head and went over to Vero and Marc_Andre. "What's with Letang?"

"What do you mean?" Vero asked, with a frown. She glanced at Kris and Jordan.

"He's been quiet the whole time I've been with you guys," I told her. "I can't help but think that I did something and he is mad at me."

"I doubt it," Marc-Andre said. "He was probably worried he would tell you about your car. He was really excited to get you something useful."

"Probably because I won't have to borrow his BMW anymore," I rolled my eyes.

Marc-Andre chuckled. "That could be it."

"So, are you ready to party tonight?" Vero asked.

"Not really," I admitted. "I'm going to be crazy tired after class, so hopefully I can stay awake."

"You'll be fine," Vero smiled.

"Hey, Brylyn," Max said, walking up to the three of us. He wrapped an arm around my waist. "I'm staying at Marc's with you, is that alright?"

"Of course," I nodded. "If the place was big enough I'd say you all could stay."

"That's ok," Max said. "I don't really want them around."

"Why?" I asked, frowning.

"You'll understand later," Max assured me.

"Sure," I said, shrugging it off. "I should probably get to school. I'll see you guys after."

"Yes you will," Vero smiled. Both her and Marc-Andre gave me a hug before walking off to the SUV.

"I love you," Max whispered, pulling me into him.

"I love you, too," I whispered back before giving him a kiss.

"Break it up," Jordan said from behind me. "This is a public parking lot, no-one wants to see that."

"No-one has to watch," I pointed out. "You're the only one who ever says anything, Jord."

"'Cause it's gross," Jordan said. "Anyway, I was told you are leaving, so bye." He gave me a hug.

After hugs from everyone else, I got in my car and drove to school.

"Nice ride," a girl from class, Bethany, said as I got out of the car.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"No problem," she returned the smile. "Are you ready to learn?"

"Always," I chuckled and followed her into the building.