Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

seventy-one

"You realize we never celebrated our one year anniversary, right?" Max said. It had been two months since my birthday, meaning it had been two and a half months since our one year.

"I'm not too worried about it," I said into my phone, shrugging. "You and I both know how long we've been dating, it's not like we have to celebrate everything."

"But one year is pretty important," Max said.

"I know, but just think, one and a half years is way more important," I told him, trying to make him feel better. "Plus we will be in the same state at that time."

"True," Max agreed.

"But?" I asked.

"But you will just be getting back from New York, so you will be busy," Max sighed.

"Max, I'm never too busy for you," I said.

"Aww," Max cooed. "You're so sweet."

"I mean it," I said. "When I move back, I'll be there anytime you want me too be."

"I was thinking," Max said.

"No way, you think?" I pretended to be surprised.

"Not too often, but yea," Max chuckled. "Anyway, I was wondering if you would want to move in with me when you move back."

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Of course I am," Max said. "Unless you don't want to, then I was just kidding."

"I would love to," I smiled. "If I could see you right now, I'd kiss you. I'm really excited to move back, now."

"You weren't excited before?" Max asked.

"You know I was, but now I am even more excited," I replied.

"I love you, Brylyn," Max said.

"And I love you, Maxime," I smiled.

"Look I have to get to practice," Max said. "I'll call you tonight or tomorrow."

"Ok, later," I said before hanging up my phone.

"What are your plans for tonight?" Marc asked, walking into the living room.

"Not too much," I shrugged. "Maybe I'll rent a movie. What are you up to?"

"Practice in an hour and a half," Marc replied. "And then I think we are heading over to Avery's."

"Sounds like you'll have fun," I said.

"You are more than welcome to come," Marc offered. "I'm sure some of the guys would love to see you again."

"I don't know, Marc," I said. "It's not like I was great friends with any of them and it will be a miracle if I remember every ones name."

"Well, think about it and let me know what you decide," Marc said before leaving the room. "If you want to come, I'll come pick you up after practice."

"Ok," I nodded. I turned to the TV and started watching some football highlights.

"Are you coming?" Brandon asked.

"Where?" I asked, only partly paying attention to him.

"Avery's," Brandon said.

"Sure," I shrugged, still not totally listening to him.

"Really?" Brandon asked, frowning.

"Yes, wait, what?" I looked at him with a confused look on my face.

"Are you coming to Avery's?" Brandon asked again. "Did Marc ask you?"

"Oh, um, yea, Marc asked me, but I'm not sure yet," I replied. "Sorry, I was watching the highlights."

"It's fine," Brandon smiled. "When are you deciding by?"

"I'll decide before Marc leave for practice," I told him. "That would probably work best."

"Ok," Brandon nodded. "Well, I'm going out for a bit before practice, so see you. And I hope to see you at Avery's."

"We will see, Brandon," I said. "See you."