Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

eighty-one

We walked into the restaurant and noticed some of the other guys sitting in the back. We quickly made our way to the table and I sat to Vero's right. Max took the seat to my right, while Kris sat across from me. He kept giving me excited looks, causing me to giggle.

"You look great," I told Vero. She was wearing a deep purple dress.

"Thanks," she smiled. "You look amazing. You should wear dresses more often."

"No thanks," I shook my head. "Next time I'm going to wear a dress will be my wedding."

When I said wedding, Kris, who was talking to Jordan, whipped his head towards me and grinned.

"What's with him?" Vero asked.

"Who, Letang?" I asked. "I truthfully have no idea, he's been like that almost all day."

"Why don't you just tell them already?" Kris asked me.

"Tell us what?" Jordan asked.

I glared at Kris. "One, we just got here. Two, not everyone is here yet. Three, if you don't keep your mouth shut, the whole restaurant is going to hear you."

"Who's missing?" Kris asked, looking around the table. To his right was Jordan and to his left was an empty seat. There was also an empty seat to Jordan's right.

"Sid and Geno," Marc-Andre said. "They should be here any-"

"Hey guys, sorry we are late," Sidney said, sitting down beside Jordan.

"Sorry," Geno muttered, taking the last seat beside Kris.

"Can you tell them now?" Kris whined.

"Do you just want to tell them?" Max asked. "It seems like you're too excited to not say anything."

"Nope," Kris shook his head. "You go right ahead."

Everyone was looking at Max and I, confused expressions on their faces.

"Well, I think that we will wait a bit before saying anything," Max said.

"What are we talking about?" Sidney asked.

"Max and Brylyn have something to tell you guys," Kris told him. "I wish they would spill cause it's super exciting news."

I shook my head and looked at the menu, deciding that I wanted pasta. I went to grab my water cup with my left hand, when Vero pulled it toward her.

"Oh my God," Vero shrieked. "Is this what I think it is?"

"That depends on what you think it is," I said. "If you think it's a bracelet, you are terribly mistaken."

"I think it's an engagement ring," Vero said, raising her eyebrow at me.

"That's a better guess than a bracelet," I smirked.

"Maxime Talbot, did you propose to Brylyn?" Vero looked at Max, who wore a huge grin.

"I did," Max nodded.

"This is great," Vero smiled.

"Why is that?" I asked.

She held up her left hand, showing me a gorgeous diamond ring. "Marc proposed too. He said he wanted to do it after the playoffs, but he didn't want me to be bummed out about Max asking you."

"When did he propose?" I asked.

"Yesterday," Vero grinned. "When did Max ask?"

"A few hours ago," I told her.

"Aww, you have to tell me all about it," Vero said. You could tell she was just as excited for me as I was for her.

"And you have to tell me all about Marc-Andre's proposal," I said.

"You're all getting married?" Jordan asked, staring at us with wide eyes.

"Looks that way," Max shrugged.

"I need to find myself a girl," Jordan said, causing everyone to laugh. "Hey, it's possible."

"Finding one won't be the problem," Geno chuckled. "Keeping her is the real challenge."

"Wow, Geno, way to sink to their level," Jordan muttered, taking a sip of his water.

"Sorry, buddy," Geno said.

"How did it happen?" Kris asked, looking between the four of us.

"What's that?" Marc-Andre asked.

"The proposals, how did they happen?" Kris clarified.

"Marc sent me cute little text messages that took me on a scavenger hunt around the house and yard," Vero said. Marc-Andre started turning red. "The last one was something like you'll find the last hint in the bedroom in the middle of the bed. When I walked in, there was Marc, sitting in the middle of the bed, holding a little black box that held the ring."

"Aww," I cooed. "That's so cute."

"Thanks," Marc-Andre said, his face was bright red.

"What did Max do?" Sidney asked.

I looked at Max, who had a grin on his face. "Max started taking me to Point State Park at the beginning of March. Which I found weird, but I mean it's Max, so I didn't think much of it. Then, today we got to the edge of the park, where you can look out at the Ohio River, and Max asks me if I love him. I told him I did. Then he confesses his love for me. This scared me a bit, so I asked him if he was dying."

"You asked if he was dying?" Kris asked, laughing.

"I did, but only because he was quiet for the whole walk then he confesses his love for me. It was strange," I said. "Anyways, then he goes into this really sweet speech and asks if I'll be his forever and for always. He pulls out the ring and all I could do was look between the ring and Max. I was so confused. He didn't get down on one knee, so I didn't realize he was proposing for a few minutes. And then I said yes. Then we were standing there, enjoying each others company and Letang decides he has to call and ask where we are."

"Shit, sorry," Kris said. "I didn't realize Max had just proposed."

"It's ok," I smiled.

"That's really cute," Vero gushed.

"Thanks," Max smiled.