Status: Completed

Friction

James and Martyn

I was bummed that Kieran couldn’t come to the club with us, but once I got there, I forgot all about it.

“Hey, Kelly,” I said as I walked up to her. “You remember Izzy, right?”

“Of course I do,” she responded. “You remember Hannah, right?”

“Naturally,” I said as I flashed the doorman my ID.

Several hours later, we made our way out of the club. We agreed to meet again next week before we parted ways.

As I was driving Izzy home, I got a text from Kieran.

Hey, I was thinking we could go out tomorrow, since I cancelled tonight. What do you think?

I quickly texted him back.

Sure, sounds great. If you cancel again, I might have to declare this the end of our friendship. :)

I was slightly intoxicated so I told Kieran I’d talk to him after I got back to my apartment. I didn’t want to get into a crash.

I pulled up to Izzy’s apartment a short while later. I smiled at her as she was leaving the car, “We should do this again soon.”

“That would be great. I’ll talk to you tomorrow, you look beat.”

“Thanks. Bye Izzy.”

When I got home, I changed into my pajamas and texted Tristan, Izzy, Kieran, and Kelly saying I got home okay.

I texted Kieran until I could no longer keep my eyes open.

We were beginning to become close friends.

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring in my ear.

I had to work this morning, so I got out of bed and quickly showered. As I was walking out the door of my apartment, I texted Izzy.

We should go get Mani’s when I get off work. What do you think?

The morning went by quickly. Since Sabrina’s didn’t open until eleven, I was catching up on paperwork I hadn’t had a chance to finish the last few days. As the doors were unlocked, I saved the document I was working on and headed out to the floor. I was ready for whatever the day had to offer.

When the lunch rush was over, I was able to take a break. I was done working on the floor, but I wanted to get the rest of my paperwork done; otherwise, I would have been able to go home for the day.

On my break, I headed over to Starbucks. I had learned that Kieran wouldn’t be there, due to it being Wednesday, but I was craving a coffee. I hadn’t had a chance to meet any of Kieran’s co-workers, but when I walked in, they all seemed to know who I was.

“Hey, Addy,” I heard several voices say.

“Um… hello?” I replied.

I saw several young males walk over to me, “Kieran’s talked a lot about you and he pointed you out the last time you were here.”

“Oh, okay. That still doesn’t tell me who you are though,” I stated, putting a little more emphasis on the word you.

“Oh, excuse me. I’m James and this is Martyn.”

“Nice to meet you both,” I stated, reaching out my arm to shake their hands.

I got a chuckle out of James for this.

“May I ask what’s so funny?”

“You, that’s all. I didn’t expect you to be quite this proper,” James explained.

This caused a slight giggle to escape my lips, “So, which one of you can I expect to take my order?”

They both looked at each other and smiled. It was almost as if they were getting ready to race behind the counter and the first one to reach the register was the one who got to help me.

My prediction turned out to be correct.

Martyn won, so you know. That boy was quick on his feet.

“James, you fail.”

“Gasp, Addy, that hurt,” James feigned.

I looked back at Martyn, smiling, “Well?”

“Oh, right. What can I get for you, Miss Addy?”

“Kieran hasn’t told you what my usual is?”

The guys looked at each other and shook their heads.

“Well, he’s just slacking on me now. I’ll have a grande caramel macchiato. You would be wise to remember that.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“I think I’m a little young for ‘ma’am’ don’t you?” I asked, raising my right eyebrow at him.

“Eh, maybe a little,” Martyn said chuckling.

“Hey, Addy, you hang out with Kieran a lot, right?” James asked.

I nodded, “Yeah, why?”

“Have you met his boyfriend yet?”

“No, not yet. I’ve been meaning to ask him about it. I want to meet the guy.”

I looked down at my watch as Martyn brought me my coffee, “Here you are, Miss Addy.”

“Thanks, Martyn, I have to get back to work, though. I’m just on break. I’ll talk to you two some other time.”

“Bye, Miss Addy,” Martyn responded.

“Bye, Addy.”

I turned around and waved at them as I was walking out the door.

When I got back to Sabrina’s I went back to the computer. It took me roughly another hour to finish all the paperwork I had. I clocked out and walked to my car, texting Izzy as I went.

I’m off, did you want to go?

About a minute later, I got her text.

Yes, let’s go. Want to come pick me up on your way over?

Alright, I’ll be over soon.

I got to Izzy’s apartment about ten minutes later. I walked up to her door and knocked.

She opened the door, grabbing her purse off the counter and walking into the hall, closing the door behind her.

After getting our nails done, we both decided it was time to start getting ready for our night on the town with Kieran.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be greatly appreciated. I know both Andrew and I really enjoy them.

Oh, and if you have time you should read my story But I Never Promised You and tell me what you think...it would mean a lot. :]