Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

For The Win

Alex and I walked hand in hand down the little strip, looking for a store that appealed to either of us.

I smiled as we approached a Borders Book Store. Alex noticed my smile and let go of my hand, walking a little bit ahead of me to open the door.

I smiled at him and nodded my head, "Thanks, boo."

He grinned and followed me in, wrapping his arm around my waist.

We walked around, looking at the books and CD's.

Alex stopped walking and stood in front of a bookshelf, full of books on pregnancy, "Babe, I think you need this."

I furrowed my eyebrows together, not knowing what the hell he was talking about. Then...it clicked.

"Oh, yeh, I do need that. Thanks to you and your uncovered, unprotected dick," I said loudly, causing people to stare at us.

Mothers covered their kid's ears and gave us dirty looks.

"Okay, like it was all my fault. You lied and said you were on the pill," He said, matching my tone. He was desperately trying not to burst out laughing.

I gasped over dramatically, "Excuse me? I never said I was I on the pill! I told you I wasn't on the pill! You were too drunk to understand!"

"How dare you?" He said, faking his shock.

"I can't stand to be around you anymore, Alex! We're over!" I shouted, trying so hard not to smile and laugh. I 'stormed' away as people just stood there and stared at us.

"Babe, come back!" Alex whined, way too dramatically. I turned around and watched him drop to his knees, raising his hands above his head. "Why, God? Why!?"

A smile was desperately trying to break through as I watched him place his head in his hands and 'sob' uncontrollably.

I walked back over to him and grabbed his shirt, "Stand up and shut up. You're making a scene."

He looked at me and winked, signaling for a super dramatic ending, "No. You know what? I'm sick of you always bossing me around, you bitch! Leave! Go with Roberto. I know you've been fucking him behind my back!"

A young woman walked up to us, her hands were placed on her hips, "I need you two to leave. Now."

Alex stood up, standing only an inch away from the woman, "Oh yeah?"

"Yes."

I grabbed Alex's arm and yanked him out of the store. The people who had heard us 'arguing' were staring as we walked out, hand in hand, trying to stifle our laughter.

When we reached the comfort of the outside, we broke down laughing hysterically.

I clutched my sides. I was dying from laughing so hard.

"That...was good..." I laughed out.

Alex reached up and wiped a tear away from his eye, "That was."

I finally calmed myself down and grabbed his hand, "Well, I'm never coming back to this Borders ever again."

He giggled, "I know right."

***

"Thanks again for taking me out, Alex," I smiled as he pulled into my driveway.

"You sure you don't want to come over?" He asked, giving me the puppy dog eyes.

I looked at him. It was so hard not to say no. "I'm sure, Alex. My parents are gonna be home around midnight and they wanted me home tonight, for some reason," I lied straight through my teeth.

He pouted, "Okay. Love you."

I quickly kissed him, "Love you, too."

I got out of the car, waving goodbye. He waved and back out of the driveway, not bothering to stay and see if I could get into my house.

I dug around in my purse a bit and found my keys. I unlocked the door and immediately heard Jack gasping.

"Yes...Oh fuck...YES!" He yelled, almost sounding like he was out of breath.

My eyes went wide and I cautiously walked into my living room, covering my eyes slightly.

"Oh, hey, Rae," He giggled nervously.

I slowly peaked through my fingers. I saw him sitting there with a controller in his hands. He was playing Mario Kart, stupid.

I laughed loudly, "Oh my God, I thought you were..."

"I was what?" He asked, setting the controller down.

"You know what, nevermind," I laughed. I set my purse down and walked over to sit on the couch next to him.

"You thought I was jacking off, didn't you?" He smirked.

"Yes," I mumbled, staring straight at the TV. I noticed something was...off. "Oh my God, you beat my high score!"

He laughed, "I did."

"I'll race you," I said, diving onto the floor for the first controller.

He dove down after me, also wanting the first controller. Everyone always wanted the first controller. I always got into fights over it. Silly, yeah. But, hey, I was a nerd.

I grabbed the controller and Jack pounced on top of me, stealing it away from me.

He got off of me and planted a sloppy kiss on my forehead. I rolled my eyes at him and grabbed the second controller.

He started a new game. He chose Mario while I chose Yoshi.

"It's on like Donkey Kong," I said, staring intently at the screen, waiting for the green light to go.

"Dammit! I should've been Donkey Kong!" He yelled.

"Too late," I smirked, pressing A quickly. I sped off ahead of Jack, passing the other characters as well.

He desperately tried to pass me, but I made sure he couldn't. After three laps of him trying to get passed me and failing, I turned to him and smirked, "I win."

"Best two out of three!" He yelled, already starting a new race.

See, I said we would have some fun tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// for the win - we are the in crowd.

can i get a fuck yeah for video games? seriously, i am such a nerd. hahaha.

although, this chapter is MEHHHHHHHHHHH. i have writers block. and this was all so forced and not good. x.x i'll go back and edit it tomorrow. hopefully i won't have writers block still. ;-;

ohhhhhh, yeah, tomorrow i'm getting my hair dyed & cut! :D iz gonna look like diz:
Image
(i'malittleobsessedwithheriknow).

anywayz, thoughts? PWEEZE.

x.