Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Figure It Out

3:30 in the morning and I was slumped over the side of the toilet, throwing up everything I had eaten for pretty much the past week. What the hell.

Jack was crouched next to me, holding my hair back from my face as I my meals made their way back up.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly.

Before I could nod or say anything, another wave of nausea rushed over me. I slung my head back over the white bowl and let it all loose.

I heard Jack start gagging. Don't throw up, please...

I raised my head slowly and rested it on my arm which was slung over the bowl. I felt like I had the worst hangover ever. But, I haven't had a drink in three days...

"Water?" I choked out. I felt so weak. My whole body was shaking.

Jack nodded and stood up, "Are you parents home?"

"No," I trembled. A shiver was sent up my spine, causing my whole body to tremble even more than it already was. What the hell was going on with me?

He nodded again, walking out of the small room. He flicked on the hall light before walking down the stairs.

I stared hopelessly into space. I wanted this nightmare to end. I hated throwing up. And I hated it even worse when I didn't know why I was throwing up.

Jack reappeared at the door with a bottle of cold water in his hands. He twisted off the cap and knelt back down to my side.

He lifted my head off of the seat and held the bottle to my lips, pouring some water slightly in my mouth.

I swallowed and let the cool liquid drench my dry, acidy throat.

I let out a sigh of relief as the nausea pass. No more throwing up. For now...

Jack noticed and held out his hand, ready to pull me to my feet.

I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up, using all the strength he had in his body. My legs went weak, causing me to crash into him.

He caught me, helping me stand straight, "Do you want me to carry you to bed?"

I nodded against his chest. He lifted me up and I wrapped my weak legs loosely around his thin frame.

He walked down the hall to my room and tapped the door open with his foot. He felt around on the wall for the light switch.

I clung tightly to his neck, hoping he wouldn't drop me in his quest for the light switch...

"Rae, you're choking me," He tried laughing.

I loosened my grip just a bit and giggled, "Sorry, Jack."

He found the light switch and flicked on the lights. The bright lights blinded me for a few seconds. I hid my face in the crook of Jack's neck, trying to get away from the blinding light.

Funny, three hours ago, I hated Jack. Now, he was my hero, saving me from having to take care of myself alone.

"Thank you, Jack," I mumbled against his neck.

He chuckled due to the heat from my breath dancing across his skin, "No problem."

He laid me gently down on the bed and covered me up. He walked back over to the door and shut it, flicking off the lights as well.

He made his way over to the bed and crawled in next to me, "Sleep tight, Rach."

I mumbled something that I didn't even know what it was before drifting off to sleep.

***

"Yes, Kara, I don't know why I was throwing up last night," I sighed as we walked down the hall to Phsyics together.

"Well, you didn't have anything to drink, correct?" She asked, trying to figure it out. I just nodded. "Ok, um, do you think you ate any...bad food?"

"I...don't think so..." I said, trying to recall what I had eaten. "No, I ate no bad food."

"Maybe you have a stomach bug or something," She shrugged.

"Maybe."

"Hey, Rachel!" A familiar voice shouted from behind me. I stopped and turned around to see Jack jogging towards us. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine. Which is weird because I felt like I was dying last night," I said, shaking my head.

"Hmm, I seriously wonder why you were all 'BLEGH'," He laughed, faking a gag after the 'BLEGH'.

I laughed and lightly pushed him.

We walked into the K hall and he stopped, "Shit, fuck, my class was that way!" He shouted, pointing off towards the J hall.

Kara and I laughed at the goofy boy as he ran to the correct hallway.

"Y'know, it's April. You think he would have his classes down by now," I said, shaking my head at the boy.

"It's Jack, Rae," Kara laughed.

"Right."

We walked into our classroom and took our seat in the back. We shared the same lab table, meaning we were partners.

The first day of the year, Kara walked into the class and I ended up pushing some nerd, who had sat down next to me because he liked me, out of the seat just so Kara could sit there.

He hated me now.

"Yes, a sub!" Kara whisper-yelled at me. "That means we can chill and not do work."

"Yes," I said, drawing out the 'es' sound. I placed my bag on the table to make it seem like we were going to be productive.

The sub took a seat at the front of the class and pulled out a sheet of paper. She started calling names.

"Kara Dia...Diako..." The sub struggled with her name.

I started giggling as Kara rolled her eyes, "Kara Diakoulas. Here."

She nodded her head and smiled at Kara, then continued taking roll.

"Fuck," I whispered.

"What's wrong?" Kara asked, turning to me.

"I...I feel sick," I spoke, feeling the same way I did last night. "Oh, no..."

Kara's eyes went wide and her hand shot straight up into the air, "Excuse me, Miss!?"

The woman's eyes flicked up to Kara, "Yes, sweetie?"

I started gagging and immediately placed my hand over my mouth, trying desperately to hold it in. Dear God, please help me.

"She's gonna be sick, can I take her to the bathroom?" Kara said, a slight trace of panic in her voice.

The rest of the class turned around to face us, wanting to see what was going on. Great, I'm the center of attention.

"Oh, hurry!"

I immediately stood up and ran out of the room, Kara trailing behind because she had to grab our bags.

I ran down the hallway and located the nearest bathroom. I swung open a stall door and dropped to my knees, instantly throwing up.

Kara rushed in and found me after checking nearly every stall.

I heard the bags drop and felt her hands wrap my hair into a ponytail.

After a few minutes of just sitting there shaking and hoping it was over, I finally sat up, resting my back against the wall of the little stall.

I turned to face Kara, who was looking at me with a worried expression, "We have a problem, Kar."
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// figure it out - versaemerge. :]

O.O
what do you think is making her sick? o:

i want to know whatchu think. ;D

anyways, i love fall out boy. random, i know. but i've gotten back into them. i used to be soooooooo into them back in 7th/8th grade. like, they were all i listened to. and then i got tired of listening to them all the time and just stopped listening. but, now, i'm like in love with them all over again. they make me so happy. :3

i just wanted to say that. i slept with someone in FOB has been on repeat for awhile now, so...:3

thoughts, pweeze? i give yuh cookies and rockstars if you gimme your thoughts. :3

x.