Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth (Summer Song)

Rachel's POV

I sighed and handed my bag to Joe for him to carry. Patrick didn't let me carry anything. He was too worried about me accidentally hurting the baby. Like, what in the world? I wouldn't hurt the baby by carrying a bag!

Trick was just too worried! Even my doctor told him to calm down this morning. She told him that I could carry things as long as they weren't heavy. As far as I was concerned, my bags weren't heavy.

Yes, we all went to Dr. Ryan this morning. And when I said everyone, I meant everyone. Joe, Patrick, Jess, Pete, and Andy. Fun, right? No, not at all. First of all, Joe asked a very...weird question. Y'know, he asked "if a pregnant woman was to have sex, would the guy's dick poke the baby?" I was thoroughly embarrassed as soon as that question left his lips. It also made me think of Jack, because Jack would ask the same thing.

Then, Pete just had to ask how big the needle would be if I wanted to have everything numb when the baby came out. I wanted to throw up when Dr. Ryan showed us. The thing was fucking huge! And, I know I had six months to go, but, my God it was terrifying thinking about all the pain that I was going to go through. I really didn't want to go through it.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. Just thinking again about giving birth was scaring me. The image of how long the needle was was permanently burned into my brain.

"Did you bring something to occupy yourself on the drive to California?" Pete asked, walking passed me out of the house.

"What? We're driving?" I asked in complete shock. I thought we were flying to California, not driving. That would take forever.

If we were driving there...why didn't we just load the car up before we went to my doctors appointment...? That made no fucking sense to go to my doctor, come back and load up the car, then head out to California. Like, what even.

Well, maybe it made a little sense because we had to go pick up a prescription for me...wait, no, it still made no sense because we could've gotten it on the way out. I shook my head, not wanting to over think anything anymore.

"Pete can't fly right now," Jess said in a hushed tone. We stood in the doorway and watched as the guys loaded up the van with months worth of luggage.

"Why not?" I whispered, turning to face her.

"You didn't know? Pete tried killing himself three months ago," Jess said quietly.

My hand went straight to my mouth. Pete tried to kill himself. But...why? He seemed like he had the perfect life. He had great friends, a great career. He even said it himself! He tricked someone into letting him play music and travel the world in a van with his best friends. That was what he wanted. So, why did he try offing himself?

"He tried killing himself by overdosing on his Ativan. We were all terrified when we heard that he was in the hospital from an overdose. None of us really understood why he did what he did. We just try to help him anyway we can," Jess said, staring off at the four boys as they loaded up the van.

I watched as Patrick went through the van, throwing old junk out of it.

"Patrick thinks he tried what he did because of his ex-girlfriend. She cheated on him. After he found out what she did, Pete went out and crashed his car, then started smashing other cars. He was arrested because of it. He was never really the same afterward," She sighed. "He really loved her, and for her to do that...just...killed him, mentally."

I nodded my head, semi-understanding. I continued watching Pete as he threw something at Joe. Joe ducked, then ran after Pete.

"I think he just puts on that smile and deals with life. Well, he did put on a smile. Now, I think his smiles are genuine and real, all because of you."

"Really?" I finally spoke, ripping my attention away from the four boys.

"Yup," She nodded. "The last time he was this happy was when he was dating his ex..."

I slowly nodded my head. Pete was happy for the first time in awhile, and it was because of me. Stupid, pregnant me.

I stared at my shoes as if they were the most interesting thing in the world. Soon, I was picked up off the ground, and slung over someone's shoulder. I recognized the beautifully tattooed arm. Pete.

I smacked his butt, demanding that he let me down. His response? No.

"Pete, please don't drop her!" Andy yelled as the bassist started running down the street with me.

Where the fuck was he taking me?

"Hey, Mrs. Jensen," I smiled awkwardly as she stared at Pete and I.

She just raised her cup of whatever at us. It had "World's Greatest Grandma" written on it. Awwww!

"Uh, hey, Pete, where exactly are you taking me?" I asked as I bounced up and down from him running.

"I want to talk to you," He replied.

"That does not answer my question! And, can you let me down first? I feel like my head is going to 'splode!" I said, poking his butt, then his sides.

He chuckled, stopping at the corner of the street. He set me down gently and held onto my hand, making sure I was perfectly balanced.

"What'd you wanna talk about?" I asked, resting up against the brick wall that separated the house's yard from the street.

"Um, you...you know how, uh, we've said we were, um, da - dating when we're really not? I - I was wondering if you would..." He paused, taking a deep breath. He let it out slowly, "If you really wanted to give this dating thing a shot one day soon..."

I stared at him, not believing what I just heard. I couldn't say no to him. The look in his eyes screamed hopeful. Hopeful I would say yes...

If I said no, he might go try to commit suicide again. I didn't want that. But, I didn't want to date anyone just yet. Yes, I found myself growing more and more attracted to Pete, but I just didn't want anything.

"Pete..." I began. The look in his eyes fell from hopeful to hopeless. "...Sure."

What did I just do?

***

I tumbled to the floor as the van came to a complete halt. Ugh. Jess gasped as I just laid there. I didn't hurt, no. I was just tired as hell and the floor was surprisingly comfy. I guess it was due to all the sleeping bags that covered the van's floor.

Patrick pulled me up off the floor and helped me onto the seat. "God, Pete, you suck at driving."

"I'm actually a fantastic driver...as long as you have your seatbelt on," He smirked, looking in the rearview mirror at us.

"Pete, what are you doing? You know I can't eat here!" Andy whined.

"I'm hungry as fuck," Pete mumbled, getting out of the car. I glanced out the window and saw the golden arch. Yum, McDonalds. "You fuckers coming?"

I shrugged before opening the van's doors and hopping out. I followed Pete inside as the others jumped out of the van as slow as they could. What losers.

I stood next to Pete, resting my head on his shoulders. I liked the fact that he was only a couple inches taller than me. It was cute how short he was. And, not gonna lie, I hated how Jack and Alex sorta fucking towered over me. It was awkward as hell sometimes.

"Do you know what you want?" His soft voice sailed through my ears. His voice was so soothing. I just wanted to cuddle with him in the back of the van, and have him whisper things to me. Ever since I met him, that's all I wanted - to cuddle while he whispered to me. Weird, I know.

His hand slipped into mine as I smiled, and laughed, "I want a Happy Meal; chicken nugget!"

He laughed and kissed the top of my head. Were we moving too fast? I had a feeling we were. Whatever. When two people have feelings for each other, they just dive in and forget about the consequences, right? That's always how my past relationships worked. Then again, they all failed miserably.

As we moved away from the counter, to let someone else order, I turned to Pete.

"Do you think we're...y'know...moving too fast?" I asked, skewing my mouth to the side.

*

Jess's POV

I raised my eyebrow as I watched Rae and Pete move to the side to talk. My gaze shifted to their hands. They...were holding hands? What? I thought I told Pete to stay away from her!

Maybe...they were just close? Patrick said something about Pete telling him that Rachel said Pete was her best friend. Which, not gonna lie, I found cute. Rae had just moved here, and she already found a best friend...who happened to have feelings for her...

I cleared my throat, hoping they'd notice me. They did. Their fingers quickly untangled themselves. I raised my eyebrow again. Something was definitely going on here.

"I'm gonna go get a seat," She spoke quickly, brushing passed me to go get a table for us. Weird.

Pete and I watched as she and the guys went to find a table. When she was finally out of earshot, I turned and face Pete, "What do you think you're doing?"

"I think I'm ordering food...?" He questioned his answer, raising an eyebrow.

"No, no, with Rae, stupid!" I said, flicking his head. He was so fucking stupid at times. No, not at times, most of the time.

"Oh, that," He said, scratching the back of his head. "Yeah, we're just friends, Jessie. Don't worry about it."

I shot him a questioning look before stepping up to order for myself and the rest of the guys. Yes, it was weird that Pete only ordered for himself and Rae, his new BFF. I just blew it off.

When I finished ordering, I saw Pete walk over to the table and take the seat right next to Rae.

She smiled as he handed her her little Happy Meal box. I wasn't going to lie and say they wouldn't be cute together, because, honestly, they would be adorable. Almost as adorable as Patrick and I.

I grabbed the two trays of food, struggling to keep hold of them. Why were those douchebags just sitting there, watching me try to carry these things!? They needed to get off their asses and help me. If not help, just come take the fucking drinks so they wouldn't end up all over the fucking floor!

"Patrick, please help!" I whined, almost dropping everything.

His eyes went wide before he scrambled out of the booth. He rushed over and took a tray.

"Thank you, baby," I smiled, kissing his lips softly.

I felt him smiling before he pulled away. He was just so fucking cute! He always made my heart melt, my stomach twist into knots, and he always found a way to make my head become a dizzy mess...I absolutely loved it.

Even after four years, he still had this effect on me. If that wasn't love, then I don't know what the fuck was.

"What's with Pete and Rae?" I asked him as we walked to the table.

"They're just best friends, why?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"They were holding hands, like, two seconds ago," I whispered, watching the two friends carefully. She laughed and ducked as he threw a french fry at her. She then retaliated by flicking a ketchup packet at him. It hit him right in his eye.

I started laughing, almost dropping the tray. I set the tray down on the table, still giggling like crazy. I didn't know why I thought it was so funny, but for some reason, I just did.

Pete smirked at me, before shoving a fry covered in ketchup down my shirt. I gasped. That bastard! I ripped open a ketchup packet and poured it on his head.

Before we knew it, everyone was engaged in an epic food fight. Fries and chicken nuggets were flying everywhere.

Pete and Rae had ditched the booth with us and were now in a booth of their own, harboring food/ammo. Every once in awhile, Rae would poke her head out from the booth and launch a handful of fries at Andy and Joe, while Pete would get Patrick and I with ketchup.

"Take this, Pete!" I screamed, throwing my chicken sandwich towards their booth. I heard someone groan before everything went silent. I peaked my head over the table and saw the manager standing there, a chicken sandwich falling apart and sliding down his face.

"Run!" Pete screamed, scrambling out of the booth with Rae's hand locked with his. Everyone followed him, desperately running for our lives out of the doors of the fast food restaurant.

We all hopped into the van, completely ignoring the fact that we were covered in mayonnaise, ketchup, and various other things.

"Go, go, go!" Andy yelled as Pete hit the gas, backing out of the parking lot as fast as he could.

"Please tell me someone got that on film," Patrick laughed, taking off his hat to survey what was on it. His hat had ketchup and fries stuck to it. Hilarious.

"I did!" Joe said, holding up the camera. When did he get that...?

"You guys are amazing," Rae laughed, digging something out of her shirt. A fry covered in ketchup was pulled out. She stared at it, possibly debating whether to eat it or not. Oh, she wasn't going to...

She shrugged before shoving it into her mouth. A collection of "ohhh's!" erupted from the car.

"I cannot believe you just ate that," I said, making a face at her. That was disgusting. That reminded me...I pulled a fry covered in ketchup out my shirt as well. I rolled down the window and tossed it out. Gross, gross, gross! I needed to shower.

She stared at me, a blank expression across her face, "...Well, when I'm hungry, I eat almost anything..."

"Even a fry that went down your shirt?"

"I'm clean! I mean, I took a shower before we left. I need another one...now," She giggled, looking at Pete as he drove. Why was she looking at him like that?
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// i've got a dark alley and a bad idea that says you should shut your mouth (summer song) - fall out boy. <3

this is a long update due to the fact that i have not updated since last week. bad, brittany, bad. i know. i has been busy.

Image
*actually taken on 7/20. my camera changed the date while it was charging.*

tuesday was my warped date. best day of my life! (: so, i saw Hey Monday, VersaEmerge, Breathe Carolina, The Summer Set, You Me At Six, Oh, They Story!, Automatic Loveletter, Sum 41, Haste The Day...and The Cab! Ugh, they were all so amazing. <3

story timeeeeee! :
During VersaEmerge, I got barricade, and Sierra looked at me a lot while she was singing. I was like OMFG. SHE'S STARING AT ME AND SINGING WHILE I'M STARING AT HER AND SINGING. OMFGOMFGOMFG.
i'm a total fangirl. :|

I met YMAS, ALL, and VE! (((((((:

When I met Versa, Sierra told me that she loved my feathers, that I reminded her of herself, anddddd she hugged me because I told her we were birthday twins (12/18)! Honestly, when she said I reminded her of herself, it blew me away. My idol just told me that…Like, whoa. I walked away almost crying (happy tears, of course! :]). It's all I've thought about for days, lol. Oh!! And before their signing, when I first got into the venue, I headed straight for their tent, and Devin was there. He was just chillin', making feathers for his hair. He looked so frustrated while making them, haha. So, I didn't really bother to ask for a picture. All I did was say hey. (:

When I met Automatic Loveletter, Juliet Simms called me a “cutie-patootie with the feathers in her hair!” She was so fucking cool. Tommy Simms was hilarious, he was dancing around to iwrestledabearonce when I was like CAN I GET A PICTURE? :D.

Andddddd, when I met YMAS, I handed Josh my ticket for him to sign and he handed it back to me and went “There you go, love”. Hearing it in his accent…ugh, amazing. He was adorable! They all were. I got a picture with Dan. (:

So yes, Warped Tour Twenty Ten was a complete success!

also, no video this time because there's a picture and a story. o:

anyways, back to BTD, thoughts!? am i making things happen too fast? i feel like i am. :/
tell me what you think!?! please?!

x.