Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

It's Not A Side Effect Of The Cocaine. I Am Thinking It Must Be Love.

I slowly opened my eyes and glanced around, checking out my surroundings. I was in a bed. My bed. How did I end up here? The last thing I remembered was falling asleep on the field with Alex.

Alex. He must’ve brought me home last night. That was so sweet of him.

I sat up and stretched. I looked over to my right at the clock. The bright green numbers flashed 9:06.

I heard a snore come from the floor. I curiously looked over the edge of my bed and saw Alex laying there, sound asleep.

I smiled to myself. If it was Jack who had brought me home, he would be in the bed with me.Wait, Jack would never bring me home.

Should I jump on Alex or not? I stood up, finally deciding. I jumped on him, laughing loudly when he grunted.

His eyes shot open and immediately glared at me, “Rachel, get off.”

“No,” I smiled down at him.

“I’m serious, Rae,” He groaned, trying to get me off of him.

“So am I.”

“You suck. Get off.”

I rolled off of him and just laid on the ground next to him, “Thanks for bringing me home, Alex.”

“Mhmm,” He mumbled, turning onto his side to face me. I smiled as he leaned in to kiss me. It was a small, simple kiss. One filled with love, not a sloppy, lust filled kiss like the ones I usually got from Jack.

I pulled away and pressed my forehead to his, “So my Dad really let you stay?”

He nodded slowly, causing my head to move with his, “Yup. He trusts me, Rae. It’s Jack he doesn’t trust.”

“Right,” I giggled. My Dad had always said that he got bad vibes from Jack. He said that Jack was just using me. He knew how Jack operated. It was amazing how he could just tell from looking at him. “I’m getting up now.”

“Nooo! Stay with me,” Alex whined, grabbing hold of my wrist.

“Nooo! I’m hungry!” I whined back. He groaned and let go.

I smiled and stood up, “Wanna come?”

He reached his arms out, wanting me to pull him up. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hands, pulling him up to a sitting position. One, two…three! I pulled him up, using all of my strength to try and get him up on his feet.

“Thank you,” He laughed, hugging me and kissing me on my cheek.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” I giggled, walking out my room. I walked down the stairs, Alex following close behind, “Do you have band practice today?”

“Oh yeah!” He said, dragging out the ‘yeah’. “We do. Wanna come?”

“Sure,” I shrugged. I had nothing better to do today. And I needed to talk to Kara. She would definitely be at their practice.

Alex walked over to the bar and sat on a bar stool, picking up a piece of paper that was sitting on the counter.

I walked over and rested my head on his shoulder, “What’s that?”

“A note from your Dad,” He shrugged, handing it to me.

I took it and walked over to the other side of the counter. I rested my elbows on the shiny marble and read the note out loud, “‘Rae, it’s 8:30. I’m leaving for the airport. Your mother called last night and told me to pick her up at 10:30. We should be home by noon. Do whatever you want to today.’ Sweet.”

Alex chuckled, “Want to go get McDonalds?”

“Mmm, yes please.”

***

I watched as the guys set up their equipment, ready to start with or without Jack. Jack had called ten minutes ago saying he ‘would be here in five minutes’. Five minutes had definitely passed.

Kara bounced over to the couch where I was sitting and sat practically on me, “So, what’d you do last night?”

I raised my eyebrow, “Kara, did you tell Alex to ask me to prom?”

“Maybe I did, maybe I didn’t…” She sang, trying to hide her smile.

“I knew it! I knew you were gonna tell him something,” I laughed, poking her side. “Thank you.”

She winked, “You’re welcome, sweetie. You and him are going to make everyone at prom jealous.”

We are going to make everyone jealous,” I said, pointing to her and myself. “Everyone is going to want us.”

“Yes. And everyone is going to want to be us,” She laughed.

“Well, duh, we’ll have the two hottest dates,” I said, smiling at Alex. He shot me his signature smile. I felt my heart skip a beat.

Kara nudged me in my ribs, “You totally love him.”

“It’s not love yet, Kara,” I said, not even looking at her.

"Well, he loves you."

I looked at her in shock. I was about to say something when the garage door was jerked open. I turned to see Jack standing there, out of breath.

He took one look at me and turned away, rolling his eyes. I wanted to stand up and punch him in the face. But I had to control myself.

“He’s such a douche,” Kara whispered, turning to face me.

I giggled softly, “Your face…”

“Shut up!” She laughed and slapped my arm. I burst into laughter. God, I loved her.

Alex walked over to me and kissed my forehead, “Shush.”

“Go play, lover boy!” Kara yelled, pushing him away.

I smiled as I saw Jack glare at Alex. It’s like he wanted to attack him. Maybe Jack did have feelings for me. Just maybe. Or maybe it was because Jack realized that I wasn’t going to be his toy anymore.

It’s the latter, definitely.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit://it's not a side effect of the cocaine. i am thinking it must be love - fall out boy. :3
(that is the song where my username came from~ oh yeah, i'm cool.)

OMGDIDYOUSEETHEATLSTRAIGHTTODVDTRAILER!? omggggg, i want it. so badly now. hahaha. :D

and this chapter was just a st00pid filler. bleh. :|

anyways, thoughts, please? :3

x.