Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

w.a.m.s.

Jack had been acting weird for the past two weeks. He would glare at Alex and I whenever he saw us together. He would come to school drunk, high, or hungover. He was just a mess.

“Kara, I’m worried about Jack,” I whispered, turning to face her.

“Why?”

“Because…just look at him,” I replied sadly. It hurt to see Jack like this.

She turned to look down the table towards him, “Yeah, he’s not himself.”

Jack noticed us staring and sent us a sad, half-hearted smile. Just seeing that pathetic look on his face made my heart hurt.

“I’m going to go talk to him,” I stated, standing up. Before anyone could say anything, I walked down to the end of the table and took a seat next to Jack, “Hey, Jackski.”

He looked me, surprised to see that I was sitting here, “He – Hey, Rachel.”

The girl he had been ‘talking’ to scoffed, trying to get my attention.

I shot her a glare before turning to Jack once again, “Babe, are you okay? You’re not yourself.”

“I’m fine, Rae,” He said, trying to fake a smile.

“No you’re not, Jack. What the hell happened to the happy, goofy, dick joke telling Jack? I miss him.”

“What happened to me? You really wanna know?” He asked quietly. I nodded my head slowly. He took a deep breath in and let it out slowly, “The girl I’m in love with is going out with another guy.”

I nodded my head again, “That’s it?”

“That’s it. It kills me when I see them together.”

“Oh, Jack, I’m sorry. Whoever she is is a douche for not seeing that you love,” I said, giving him a hug.

He hugged back tightly, resting his head on my shoulder. I stroked his hair slowly, “Tell me more about this girl.”

He pulled away from the hug and looked at me, “Well, she’s gorgeous, obviously. And she’s got the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen. Whenever I look at her, I get butterflies. Her smile is amazing. It makes me smile. And she's just so nice. To everyone. Everyone loves her. Oh, she loves photography. She could be a professional photographer one day. In fact, I hope she is. I wanna see her name everywhere.”

I laughed lightly, “She sounds amazing, Jack.”

“Trust me, she is…” He sighed, looking down at his hands. “I know I should’ve asked her out as soon as I met her.”

“Well, why didn’t you?” I asked, tilting my head to the side. I wanted to know more about this girl. She sounded amazing. Any girl that can make Jack this crazy is definitely amazing.

“I didn’t want to ruin the friendship we had,” He spoke softly, looking up at me with sad, brown eyes. “I – I just should’ve told her how I felt. Maybe she would’ve felt the same about me.”

“Jack, I’m sure one day she’ll realize how absolutely amazing you are and just come running into your arms,” I replied, hugging him again.

“I really fucking hope so.”

***

“So, did you find out why Jack is so like, weird lately?” Kara asked as she drove us back to my house.

“I did. He’s upset because the girl he likes is going out with someone else,” I said, staring out the passenger window. I watched the colors of the trees blend together, creating one green swoosh.

“Did you find out who this girl is?”

“Nope. He wouldn’t tell me who. All he did was describe her.”

“How did he describe her? I wanna know who’s making Jack this upset,” She laughed lightly.

I tried remembering how he described this mystery girl, “Um, he said she’s gorgeous. She’s got amazing eyes. She's nice...and…oh! Her smile is amazing. And…she likes…photography. He wants to see her become a professional.”

There was a long pause from Kara. It wasn’t a comfortable, just thinking about who this girl is pause. It was an ‘I know who this girl is’, uncomfortable pause.

“Tell me who it is, Kara. I know you know,” I said, turning to face her.

She didn’t say a word. All she did was look straight ahead and focus on the road.

“You really suck, y’know that?” I said, getting a little mad at her for not telling me. She knew. I knew she knew. She had to. Kara knows everyone so she had to figure it out from just those minor details.

“Yeah, I know,” She said with a straight face as she pulled in my driveway. “Hey, go get your camera. We can go to the park and just chill.”

I nodded and hopped out of the car, “Ok, be right back.”

I ran into my house, still keeping my pace as I ran up the stairs. I grabbed my SLR camera off of my nightstand and ran back down the stairs, “Going to the park with Kara! Be back later!”

“Have fun!” My Mom yelled back.

I shut the door and ran back to Kara’s car. I hopped in and she backed out of the driveway. She sped off down the street.

“Can you please tell me who it is?” I begged. I wanted to know.

“No. You’ll find out soon…” She spoke softly.

I groaned loudly. I was so frustrated. Why couldn’t I figure out who this girl was?

She pulled up to the park and parked, cutting the engine, “Let’s go.”

“Why did you have me bring my camera?” I asked, slowly getting out of the car.

“Because you’re an amazing photographer,” She shrugged. “And plus, the trees are beautiful this time of year.”

“Aww, thanks Kara,” I smiled. I took the lens cap off the lens and looked around, trying to find a good photo-op.

The wind started blowing and the leaves picked up from the ground, swirling around. Little helicopter things fell from the tall Oak trees. It was a beautiful sight. I adjusted my camera and quickly snapped a few pictures.

I looked at the screen, reviewing the photos I just took. They all looked amazing.

“Kara! Which ones do you like the best?” I asked, showing her all five.

“Hmmm, the first and…third one,” She smiled.

“K, cool. Now can you tell me who this girl is that Jack likes?” I asked, walking around, looking for more good places to shoot.

She sighed, giving in, “It’s you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit:// w.a.m.s. - fall out boy

oh. snap!

outfit!

haha. hi. :) i don't feel good, so i didn't go to school today. and i felt like updating. :D i really do love this story. :D

so, idk how many of you have read my other story, but i posted a video there. and i'm gonna post it here, b/c il it so much. so, sorry if you've already seen it. haha. :|

so, my friend went to bamboozle this weekend and i couldn't go because i live 5 hours away and my parents would not let me go. :( but anyways, she met jack barakat (<3) and had him make a video for me. :)



when she showed me this, i honestly cried. i was so happy. and it was 2:30AM and i was delusionallllllllll. hahaha. but yeah, she said she cut it off but he was like "I HOPE THAT'S NOT TOO FORWARD!" and she was like "OH NO, SHE'LL LOVE IT!" and i do. :3

sooooooo! i hope you liked this chapter. i did. lol. :|

thoughts, pah-lease? :))))

x.