Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

I Must Be Dreaming

Rachel's POV

"Hahaha, Joe, you're so fucking funny," I glared at him, rolling my eyes. The tall guitarist was now running around the house with one of my bras on over his shirt. I really shouldn't have left this out in the laundry room. I should've known better. "Give it back!" I whined, reaching my hand out for it.

He laughed evilly and ran up the stairs. I was in no mood - or shape - to run up the stairs after him. I sighed and called out for Pete.

Pete came running up the stairs from the basement. I groaned loudly and slammed my head against the wall as he laughed and looked down. "I think I look good," He smirked, adjusting his my bra.

"I think you look gay," Patrick laughed, walking passed us and into the kitchen. He sat down at the breakfast bar and started eating an apple.

Pete laughed and ran into the kitchen, pouncing on Trick's back. Patrick yelled and dropped the apple as Pete tried kissing him on the lips. "I'm gay for you, baby!" Pete yelled, laughing hysterically.

"And you always ask me why people think you're gay," Jess said to Pete as she walked over to the living room. She plopped down onto the couch and sighed, "Alright, who the fuck had the remote last."

"Andy!" Pete, Patrick, and I shouted at the same time. We all looked at each other, shooting weird looks at one another. Pete shrugged and continued harassing my cousin.

Andy's name rang throughout the house, causing a loud thud to come from upstairs before Andy's footsteps were heard scrambling down the hallway. I laughed loudly as he scrambled down the stairs. He ran into the living room, almost out of breath. "What?" He forced out, staring at Jess.

"Where the hell is the remote?!" Jess screamed, throwing the cushions off of the couch, desperately trying to find the remote.

"Oh, that, Joe was the last one with it, not me, you fucks," He said, directing that last point at us. Well, mainly me, because Pete and Patrick were not paying attention at all. They were still arguing. Well, not arguing. Patrick was blindly throwing punches at the bassist trying to steal a kiss from him.

"Sorry, Andy," I chuckled, kissing his cheek. He mumbled something, then ran up the stairs to his room. Ever since he got that new XBOX…

"Pete, you ass, get off my cousin!" I yelled, grabbing him by the shoulders. I tried prying the little bitch off, but it's like his hands were super glued to Trick's shirt.

I sighed, throwing my hands in the air, signaling that I gave the fuck up. I stormed up the stairs to see what Joe had been getting up to.

"Joe!" I called out, walking toward his room. He popped out of the bathroom, startling me to near death. He was wearing a towel like a cape and my bra. Still.

I started laughing so hard my legs gave out on me. I was now rolling on the floor, screaming my lungs out. Joe was so fucking golden.

Everyone came running up the stairs to see what had happened and if I was alright. I stood up slowly and wiped the tears from my eyes. "Dammit, Broseph, you are the greatest boy ever," I said, still giggling.

I looked over to my right and saw Pete attack Trick, finally planting his lips firmly on Trick's, catching him completely off guard. Trick shoved Pete away from him, wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, then yelled, "You're so fucking gay!"

Pete's arms were raised over his head victoriously. "Oh, you know you like it, Tricky," He laughed, turning to walk back down the stairs.

I chased after him, wanting my damn bra off of him. "Pete, give me the bra!" I yelled, reaching my hand out for it.

He looked down at my outstretched hand and slapped it. That ass. As he walked out of the kitchen, I went up behind him and unhooked the bra. I grabbed one of the lacy black straps and yanked it off as he turned around.

"Hey!" He yelled, grabbing the other strap. What the fuck. We were really standing in the kitchen, fighting over my damn bra.

He tugged on it, causing the strap to snap in half. I stood there, holding one half, while he held the other. I looked down at my hands, then up at Pete, then down at my hands again.

"That was my favorite bra, you fuck!" I screamed, now beating him over the head with my torn bra. "You owe me a new one!"

"Alright, alright, alright! I'll buy you a new one!" He yelled, making me stop. I folded my arms across my chest and glared at him. "What?"

"Now. Me, you, mall, now," I said, yanking the other half of my bra out of his hands. I threw the dead bra into the trash can and walked to the front door. "Let's go!"

***

I laid in bed with Pete, my head on his chest, rising and falling as he breathed, and my fingers intertwined with his.

"Can you please not go on tour..." I said softly. The fact that he would be leaving my soon was bugging me. I hated thinking about it. Pete kept me sane. When I was being totally bitchy, he would swoop in and calm me down. When I would start crying about how fat I was, he'd tell me how beautiful I was. He kept me from thinking about Maryland.

Maryland wasn't thought of as home anymore. Home was whenever I was with Pete...and FOB and Jess.

He chuckled slightly, "I have to...for the fans."

"But..."

"Trust me. If I could spend the rest of my life in bed with you, I would. But, I have to go out and make my fans happy," He said softly, running his fingers up my arms, sending chills down my spine.

"I wish I could come with you," I sighed, burying my face in chest.

"I wish you could, too. But Warped is no place for a pregnant chick. It's so hard on the body - physically and mentally," He said.

"I don't want you to leave. I don't like being alone. I'm gonna be alone for three whole months!" I was selfish. I wanted Pete all for myself. I just felt safe with him. And when he went on tour, I would lose that safety blanket.

"Well, three whole months without me actually sounds nice. If I were you, I'd be totally stoked," He laughed.

I rolled my eyes and pouted, "You're not in love with yourself like in am." My eyes went wide and I slapped my hand over my mouth as I realized what I said. I just admitted that I loved Wentz. It just…actually, I meant it. I did love Pete Wentz, the goof wearing eyeliner and black nail polish and girl jeans. I was fucking head over heels in love.

I could hear his heart pound against his chest as those words left my lips. Shit, shit, shit. What if he didn't love me back?

He sat up slowly, staring intently at me. Oh dear God. He didn't love me back. I knew it. I knew it. I fucking knew it.

I buried my face in the pillow, totally regretting what I had said.

"I love you, too," He said softly. I slowly raised up, staring at him. He had a small smile tugging at his lips.

I threw myself at him, tightly wrapping my arms around him, pulling him into a hug. He laughed and hugged back, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

His warm breath danced across my exposed skin, making me shiver. I had goosebumps. I absolutely adored the effect he had on me.

He pulled away from the hug, the smile still on his adorable face. I felt butterflies twirling around in my stomach as he laughed and looked down at his hands before looking back up at me.

"You know, Of All The Gin Joints was written about you," He said.

"What? I thought that you were working on finishing it when I got there..." I said, confused. He was writing that song when I arrived in Chicago, right?

"Well, kinda. Some parts are just...yeah. But, generally, the song's about you," He smiled. "You know, 'Of all the gin joints, in all the world, she walks into mine.'"

"Pete..."

"You walked into my life when I felt like there was nothing left. When I thought my life couldn't get any worse, you appeared. Rach, I have the worst luck, the worst headaches, the worst life ever, and yet, you still chose me."

I cupped Pete's face in my hands and pulled him closer to me, placing a sweet kiss on his soft lips. What he said was the single most sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me.

"Seriously, don't leave," I laughed as we pulled apart.

He laughed and tackled me to the bed, smirking, "I told you, I have to."

"You don't have to..."

"Yes, I do," He laughed, tickling my sides. I screamed. That was my most dangerous spot. I always ended up out of breath and my pants nearly wet after someone tickled me there.

"Pete, stop!" I laughed, flailing my legs around. I needed a way to get him off of me. I didn't want to piss my pants.

"No."

"Pete, oh my God, stop it!" I screamed, feeling tears roll down my face. I was totally about to pee myself. He wouldn't let go of me.

I ended up kicking him in the balls. He fell off the bed, clutching his nuts tightly. Whoops...

"Shit," He breathed out, curling into a little ball.

"Are you okay?" I asked, peeking over the side of the bed.

He nodded, choking up the pain. He stood up and lunged forward. I screamed and darted out of the room. I ran down the hall and into Joe's room. I slammed the door behind me, locking it quickly.

"Well, hello to you, too, Rachel," Joe said, putting his guitar down. "What are you doing?"

"Rachel, you're gonna have to come out of there sometime!" Pete yelled, banging on the door.

"Never!" I screamed, giggling a bit. Joe looked at me weird. I shrugged and walked over to his bed. I fell backwards onto it and smiled.

"Why are you so smiley?" Joe asked, laying next to me.

"I'm in love, bro," I smiled, staring up at the ceiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit://i must be dreaming - the maine. <3

oh mah gawd. why don't you guys comment and give me your feedback. is it just that bad or s/t. if it is, tell me and i will work on fixing it. if you like it, please tell me. if you don't like it, please tell me. i want feeeeeeeeedback to know if i'm doing an okay job. please babes. please. :(

pete and ashlee are getting a divorce. my creys. i loved them as a couple. it's so sad 'cause i thought they would last fo'eva~ :(

ANYWAYS. the next few chapters are totally drama filled. okay well maybe not the next one. but the ones after that, yeah woah totally drama filled. i think you'll be shocked~*~*~* you must tell me your feedback to get them posted though. muahahahahahaha. :|

OMG BTW HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW PANIC! VIDEO. KLJSHFDLSIJLKSJGL LUV. IT'S SO FANTASTIC. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. :'))))))))))))

so. yeah. thoughts?

x.