Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

You Be Tails, I'll Be Sonic

Pete's POV

I dragged my sorry ass out of my tomb bunk. I wasn't looking forward to today. Fuck, I hadn't been looking forward to any day since I lost her.

Today was especially bad because we were in Maryland. Her old friends would most likely be here.

Hopefully they wouldn't show up for the meet and greet. I don't think I could handle meeting the kids that pushed Rachel into my life.

I pulled on some pants that I found lying in the back of the bus and slipped a shirt on. I sighed and went to the tiny as fuck bathroom, needing to brush my teeth.

After making myself look halfway decent, I grabbed my hoodie, pulled it on, then left the bus. It was currently eight in the morning.

I noticed the line of kids was already wrapped around the parking lot. I sighed and began walking to the venue grounds.

The stages, tents, and the booths that held water and food were already set up around Merriweather's grounds. Guys were hanging their merch in their tents, getting ready for the flood of kids that was gonna come pouring in here soon.

I thought about how she used to live here. She came to shows here. She'd been at this very venue before. Fuck, she'd been in this fucking state. Her old home was only a half an hour away from here.

She always talked about coming back here when she had her baby. She wanted her dad to see his grandson.

She wanted me to step in and be the dad. I was more than happy to, too. I was actually looking forward to Josh. But, no. I fucked that all up. I ruined it. I ruined Rachel's life.

I groaned, shaking my head to get rid of all these toxic thoughts. I decided I should stop drowning in self-pity and go help with the FOB tent. Maybe that would help. Probably not, but it was worth a shot.

*

"Pete!" A voice called out to me as I walked to the stage.

My head snapped over to the kids direction. I instantly recognized who it was. Jack.

"Pete! Dude, can I get a picture?" He asked as I just stared at him. He was...goofy as hell. He had a giant blonde splotch in his hair. His nose was...pretty big.

What the hell did Rae see in him?

"Pete, yo', can he - "

I shook my head at the security guard. I didn't want to meet him. I didn't want anything to do with the kid.

"Sorry, kid, Pete's busy," The security guard said, blocking Jack from me.

"You're kidding, right? He's not even doing anything! He's just standing there!" He exclaimed, trying to climb his way over the barricade.

I rolled my eyes. He was so fucking annoying. Seriously, what the actual fuck did Rae see in him? All I saw was one annoying as fuck kid who didn't know the meaning of the word 'no'.

"I said he's busy. You can't see him."

Jack started screaming, "Pete, dude, c'mon, tell this douche you're not busy!"

I ignored his calls and walked up the ramp to the stage to watch My Chemical Romance play.

***

Kara's POV

I stared at man standing right in front of me, separated from me by the metal barricade.

He had been watching My Chemical Romance play. He walked down the ramp and just stood there. I guess he was waiting for the members of MCR to come down off the stage.

"Douchebag," Jack muttered, sending a glare to Pete.

"Dude, drop it. Let's go get something to drink, you're being a diva," Rian said, grabbing Jack's arm and leading him away.

I waited until they were gone, then excitedly pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed Rae's number. I shoved my phone to my ear and waited ever so impatiently for her to pick up.

"Hello?" She answered, sounding tired as hell. Why did she sound so run down?

"Rae, oh my God, guess who's standing, like, five feet away from me!" I squealed.

"Who?" She sighed. Okay, what was wrong? She was usually so happy and bubbly when we talked. Why wasn't she happy and bubbly?

"Pete!" I laughed, causing his head to snap over in my direction. "Should I go say hi? Oh, he's looking over here - "

"What...? Kara, don't. He's such a fucking asshole," She growled. I could hear the hatred in her voice. What the fuck happened?

"Wait a minute, what happened? Tell me, now," I demanded, sending a glare over at Pete. He was staring at me like I had three heads. Uh.

I heard her sigh before she started explaining, "He cheated on me. I found out when I saw him on the seventh. We fought. I stormed off the bus and fell. I lost Josh, Kara."

I felt my breath hitch in my throat. She lost Josh...

All because of the dick that kept staring at me! He probably wanted to get with me! That asshole would not be getting anywhere near me!

"Baby girl, I'm so sorry! I had no idea! Oh my, God, I should go over there and sl - why is walking over here? Rae, why is he - "

"Kara, right?" He asked. He knew me? He knew who I was? I looked at him intently. He looked so...hurt. He had seriously dark circles under his eyes. That could've been from the eyeliner...

His eyes didn't have life in them. He hadn't shaved in what looked like a week. His hair was a mess, but I guess that's what's to be expected on Warped...

He just looked so dead. I saw this face once before.

Alex.

I hung up the phone and shoved it back in my pocket. I glared at him, "What do you want?"

"Help. I need your fucking help. Please," He begged. He looked so pathetic.

I rolled my eyes, knowing I was about to give in. "How can I help, Pete?"

His face lit up a bit. He moved the barricade and pulled me through. I heard girls whisper "tour whore" under their breath. I rolled my eyes. I was helping my best friend, and Pete.

I know how happy they made each other. I didn't want them both unhappy. As much as a dick Pete was for cheating, I was going to help him try to get Rae back.

I missed her happy, bubbly self. And all this moping around wasn't good for Pete.

He pulled me into a little tent area that was directly behind the stage. "Were you on the phone with her?" He asked softly, sitting on one of the equipment bins.

I nodded slowly. Rachel would hate me for talking to him. I couldn't help it! I had to help people, it's just how I was.

"Did she say anything about me?"

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, "Yes, Pete, she did. She called you a 'fucking asshole'. She told me you cheated. She told me she lost Josh because of you."

"It wasn't on purpose. I didn't mean to hurt her. I thought...I don't know...I thought she'd understand. You know...considering what she went through with Jack..." He explained. Wow. Okay. He thought his actions were justified because of how Rachel was with Jack?

"No, Pete, she wouldn't understand. You know why? She never dated Jack. They were never together. He could get with any girl he wanted. She wouldn't, no, she couldn't get mad because he wasn't hers," I said, shaking my head. He was so stupid.

"It's the same damn thing," He mumbled, running his hand through his hair. "How can I get her back?"

I thought for a moment. It was technically the same thing. She loved Jack, not more than she loved Pete, but still. She crawled back to him after every hook-up. No matter what he did, she still crawled back. It shouldn't be any different with Pete.

"Just, I guess..." I thought of what Jack did. He ignored her. Alright. "I guess you should just ignore her? That's what Jack did. She crawled back to him every time, too."

"Really? Just ignore her?"

"She's going to ignore you for about a week, maybe even longer since you two were a couple and all that, but eventually she'll come around to you. She may need convincing from friends to go and talk to you. And yeah..." I finished. I couldn't believe what I was doing. I was helping the man who broke my best friends heart! Ugh. She may hate me forever after this.

That is, if she finds out...

Pete hugged me lightly, whispering, "Thank you, Kara."
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit://you be tails, i'll be sonic - a day to remember. <3

oh. my. god. yesterday was the best day of my entire fucking life. i met pete wentz. lJFLKSDFJAKLJFKLSAJGLAIJLKFJLKSDJGKLDASGJKDLGJLKDSGJKSDGJL. KSDJFLKSDJG. I CRIED. HONESTLY. AFTER GETTING A HUG FROM HIM, I WALKED AWAY AND CRIED.

you can read about me meeting pete and see pictures here. <3

i honestly cannot believe i met my hero. kladjflksdgj. NOW I JUST HAVE TO MEET THE REST OF THEM! then my life will be 100% complete. <3

so yeah this chapter is just a bleh filler. and look, kara's back~ :D
next chapter is a time jump jsyk. yeahhhhhh.

travie is so good live btw omgjsdhgdg. <3

five comments?
x.