Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

August Is Over

Rachel's POV

Tuesday, August 30th, 2005.

I looked out the window and saw FOB's van pull up to the house. I smirked, shaking my head and grabbing another box off Pete's bed.

I carried it down the stairs and out the door. I walked down the walkway, glaring at Pete as he stared at me. He was unloading their van, while I was loading up my mom's van.

I set the box in the trunk and walked back inside to get the last box.

I went into Pete's room to get the box. He was standing by the bed, looking at the box with a sad expression on his face.

"Are you leaving?" He asked sadly, turning to face me.

I just rolled my eyes and grabbed the last box. I walked down the stairs, following the same path I had taken four times before.

"Rae, how many times do I have to say sorry before you take me back?" Pete said, standing behind me as I loaded up the last box.

I slammed the back door hard and turned to him, "Pete, you haven't said sorry to me since I lost Josh. You haven't called me, you haven't IM'd me, you haven't done shit. Plus, I don't wanna get back with a cheater anyways."

He rubbed his face, groaning loudly. He grabbed my arm to prevent me from walking away from him. "Listen, Rae, I love you so much. You have to believe me when I say I'm so fucking sorry. I regret everything."

"I thought I told you to never say that word to me again," I seethed, yanking my arm out of his grasp.

"But, I do love you! I've been going crazy ever since we broke up, Rae! Dammit, just listen to me!" He screamed, pulling my face to look at his. I wasn't going to pay attention to someone I hated.

"Don't fucking touch me!" I yelled, slapping him hard across the face. "Ugh, just leave me the fuck alone!"

"Rae..." I heard him whimper as I stormed back into the house.

It broke my heart to hear him like that. To hear how pathetic he was being. To even see how pathetic he looked when he realized I was moving out.

The truth was, whether I liked it or not, I still had feelings for Pete. I just had to suppress them and move on.

*

Wednesday, August 31st. Beginning of Senior Year.

I walked the halls of my new high school slowly, trying to find my way around. I was completely lost. It felt like freshman year all over again.

I made it to my homeroom right as the bell rang. I sighed and walked to the back of the class to get the one seat that I desperately wanted.

I sat down and watched other seniors pour into the classroom. I felt so alone and awkward. I was so out of place.

A guy came and sat next to me. He looked over at me and smiled, "Hey, I'm Parker."

"Rachel," I smiled back at him. He was cute. Brown hair, brown eyes, the whitest teeth I've ever seen. Well, next to Rian's...

He had a little beard growing, it suited him well. He had his ears slightly gauged. You know, the tiny ones, not the huge, I-can-stick-my-fist-in-your-ears ones.

"So how come I've never seen you around here, Miss Rachel?" He asked, snapping me out of staring at him.

"Oh, well, I just, uh, moved here..." I answered softly, looking down at my desk. Someone had drawn a dick on it. They were mature.

"Really? Over the summer? How come I never saw you around town?" He pressed. He was just trying to make conversation, so I wasn't getting annoyed. And plus, he may be the only person who would talk to me all day.

"Um, yeah. I spent a month this summer in California, then came back and, uh, just hung out with my, uh, friend," I said, not wanting to reveal that I spent most of my summer in bed, depressed about losing my baby and boyfriend.

"Oh, cool. Does your friend go to this school?"

"Oh, no, no, no. She graduated like three years ago," I laughed softly.

He chuckled, "I thought I would know her, guess not."

"Hey, um, can you help me find my way around this school? It took me ten minutes just to find this room," I asked, giggling nervously.

"Oh, yeah! Sure!"

"Parker Wilbur?" The teacher asked, trying to find the kids so she get them their schedules.

He raised his hand and his schedule was passed back to him.

"Are you taking a full schedule, or a half schedule?" He asked, looking over at me after reading his schedule.

"Um, I think half. If my records transferred right, then, yeah, half," I smiled.

"Yay! Me too," He laughed.

"Rachel Woods?" The teacher asked, looking around the room.

I raised my hand and she passed it back to me. A few kids in the class turned around to look at me. I looked back at them awkwardly before glancing down at my schedule.

"Yup, half day," I smiled over at Parker.

His face was blank as he stared at me. Did I do something wrong? Was there something on my face? Oh, God, there was totally something on my face.

"Woods? Your last name is Woods?" He asked softly.

"Yeah...is there something wrong?" I asked, slowly raising my eyebrow.

"Do you know Fall Out Boy?" Oh. God. How did he know!?

I chuckled nervously, feeling my heartbeat pick up and start to pound against my chest, "Yeah...why?"

"You don't know why?"

"Wait, what?"

"Pete Wentz mentioned you in an interview he did over the summer. I think it's on their Myspace," He said, staring at me as if I was the stupidest thing in the world.

"That little fucker..." I growled, feeling my blood pressure start to rise. Alex would find that video and watch it. He would know where I ran to. He would come and try to find me. He'd never leave me alone.

"He said he's sorry for what he did," Parker explained.

"Oh, he thinks he's sorry now..."

"If you don't mind, what did he do?" He asked, wanting to know more about my drama.

"He, um, he - I don't wanna talk about it," I whispered, fighting back tears. I hated thinking about what that bastard did to me. I hated him.

The bell rang and everyone slowly drained out of the classroom. Parker quietly took my schedule and looked it over. He handed it back and smiled, "We have three out of four classes together!"

I smiled as he linked his arm with mine and led me down the hallway to our first period class - English.

***

Alex's POV.

Wednesday, August 31st. Beginning of Senior Year.

I smiled as I walked through the halls of Dulaney, Lisa sewn into my side. Jack was to my left. Rian to his, Kara sewn into him. Jack and Alex had broken up over the summer. He slept with some random girl at one of Zack's parties. She found out and dumped his ass.

Oh, well. He wasn't that upset. Jack was never upset about losing a girl. Or, he never showed he was upset. I admired him for being that fucking strong. I sure as hell wasn't.

"This year's gonna be fucking epic," I smiled as we walked into the cafeteria. We went and sat at the table we usually did in the morning.

"Fuck yeah it is. Drama free year? Hell yes," Jack laughed. My smile faltered. He was referring to all the drama that happened last year. "Thank God she's gone. Drama fucking rode her back."

Kara stood up, smacked him, then left. I stared at him in shock. Did he really fucking say that? Although, I couldn't help but to agree with him. Drama did follow her. Wherever she was now, drama was probably sitting on her shoulder, waiting to cook up something.

This summer was the first time we, as a group, have gotten along so well. That was, well, until Jack cheated on Alex. Two days after that, though, everything went back to normal. Everyone was a happy little mess. No one gave a damn about our past. We were living for now. Not dwelling on the shitty past.

Rian glared at Jack, then left as well. Rian was Kara's bitch. So fucking whipped.

"Dude, I understand what you're saying," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "But, you can't just fucking say that in front of Kara. She's still pretty damn upset."

He laughed, "Wow, last year, if I had said that, you would've fucking murdered me. Now look at you! You're defending me. I am so proud of you, bro."

I laughed and punched him in the arm lightly as Lisa giggled and shook her head at us. "So, boys, what classes will we be sharing this year?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Well, lemme see that schedule of yours, girl," Jack said in the gayest voice he could do. I busted into laughter. What a fucking freak.

Lisa giggled and handed him her schedule. I already knew that Lisa and I had English, Law, and Foundations of Art together. Hopefully Jack would be in one of them with us.

"Woo, English! And...damn, that's it," He pouted, handing her schedule back to her.

"Aww, well, at least you, me, and Alex have one class together!" She smiled, stuffing her schedule back into her pocket.

"Pretty boy, lemme see yo' schedule," Jack said, snatching the little piece of paper out of my hand. He scanned it over, smiling as he did so. "Four out of seven classes together. Fucking party!"

"Fuck yeah," I chuckled, high-fiving him. This year was definitely going to be one of the greatest. Even though she was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit://august is over - we the kings.

hooooolaaaaaaaaaaa. :)

guess what, guess what, guess what!! my friend went to the black cards show in ny, and she asked pete if he remembered a girl in md who had him write "hopelessly hopeful" for a tattoo, and guess what he said! GO AHEAD, GUESS~

HE.
SAID.
HE.
REMEMBERED.
PETER FUCKING WENTZ REMEMBERED ME. LIKE THREE DAYS AFTER I SAW HIM. -LE DIES-

when she called me and told me that, i honestly broke down crying and fell off the couch, hahahaha. :'))))))))))))))))

so, back to the story- no one likes pete? :( (and if it's because he hurt her, understandable, but so did jack).
you all seem to want alex&rae and/or jack&rae. why? gimme your thoughts? :3

thank you to -
alwaysshoutforever
chachachloe
rivals are insane
&
katakanaLOVE

i love you all. <3

now, i hafta go to bed 'cause i have school in 5 hours. bleh. i may just skip lol idk. okay. five comments? :3

EDIT://

OMG, THIS STORY HAS 10 STARS!?!? :'DDDD ILU GUYS. EVEN YOU SILENT READERS. COUGHCOUGHWHOIWISHWOULDSHOWYOURFACESCOUGHCOUGH.
x.