Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Yeah Boy and Doll Face

Rachel's POV

September 9th, 2005.

A week passed and I hadn't seen or heard from Pete. He was really letting me have my space. He was finally doing something right.

I was enjoying life drama free. I had no one who was such a huge stressor around for that whole week.

Teachers weren't stressful at all. Since I was a senior, the work was easy, the teachers let kids slack a bit, and we had benefits that the lower classmen didn't have.

Kids asked me what it was like being related to someone 'famous'. I didn't see Patrick as famous. He was still my dorky cousin, who just happened to be in a band.

I was kind of a mini celebrity at school because of him and the fact I dated Pete. Some girls constantly asked if Pete was hotter in person than in their music videos. I always rolled my eyes and blew them off.

But, inside, I really felt like screaming that, yes, Pete Wentz was so much fucking hotter in person.

Even though I hated him, I still found him attractive. My brain was so messed up. I think I hit my head so much harder than I thought.

"Hey, you wanna hang out?" Parker asked as we walked the hallways of school. It was currently lunch time. Meaning we could leave because of our half day schedule.

"Uh, I was actually gonna go to the mall with Jess," I sighed, fixing my bag that was sliding off my shoulder.

"Oh, uh, well - "

"Fuck this bag," I mumbled, just taking it off and carrying it.

Parker laughed and grabbed it from me, carrying it for me, "Jesus, Rae, are you on your - "

"Don't even fucking say it," I said, rolling my eyes. Parker laughed and opened the door for me. Awww, what a sweetheart. We walked across the parking lot in silence.

"Do you need a ride to Jess'?" Parker asked, breaking the ear-piercing silence.

"That would be wonderful," I smiled. Thank God he asked, because I did not want to take the stupid bus. I hated taking that home. Public interaction...blech.

The ride home was...really awkward at first. Parker had Take This To Your Grave blasting as soon as he turned on the car. He caught that quickly and immediately shut it off. I just smiled awkwardly. I mean, I still loved FOB, but...yeah. I couldn't listen to them now. It was too soon.

Other than that, we were silent. Completely silent. I felt like I had to hold my breath or else the perfect silence would be ruined. I didn't want to ruin a perfect thing.

Parker dropped me off at Jess' house. I sighed, letting out a long exhale; all the air I had held in. "Thank you, Parker."

"You're welcome, Rae. Call me when you get home? I wanna do something," He smiled. It was painfully obvious he liked me. I didn't like him like that. He was more of a friend type to me. And plus, I wasn't even ready for another relationship.

Also, Pete was the only one I still wanted.

"Kay. See you later, Parker," I smiled, getting out of the car. I grabbed my bag out of the back seat. I walked up the walkway and waved at him as he backed out.

I entered into the house and dropped my bag. Andy and Joe were on the couch in the living room playing video games.

Jess didn't get off work until 12:45. It was 12:23. I had a good twenty minutes to kill.

I ran over to the guys, shouting, "Fuck, get him, Andy! No! Shoot him! Jump! No, no, no, look out!"

Joe groaned and shoved me, causing me to fall onto the floor. I laid on the floor, laughing loudly and clutching my stomach from laughing so hard.

"Dammit, Rae, thanks to you, I lost!" Joe whined as the game ended.

Andy smirked, "She didn't cause your demise. You did. Face it, you suck."

"Go away," Joe muttered, leaving the room.

I sat up, still giggling like crazy. I was in such a good mood. No one could bring me dow -

Someone walked through the front door. Well. It was the one person that could kill my mood.

My giggling slowly faded as he walked into the living room. He looked at me, "Oh, sorry. You want space. Right..."

I groaned and slammed back onto the carpet. Why was this all so complicated? Maybe one day, it wouldn't be so complicated. Maybe we would get over it.

I hoped it was soon...

"Andy, I need a heart to heart!" I whined, throwing myself onto the couch next to him. I buried my face into the couch, wanting nothing more than to scream my lungs out.

"Alright, listen. You and Pete just need to talk. I know you're really mad at him, but you need to get over that and just talk. You both still have feelings for each other. Stop denying them and talk. You don't even have to get back together, you just have to talk," He said softly.

"You said talk, like, twenty times," I muttered, causing him to laugh and shove me lightly.

"Because it's what you need to go do."

"Ugh, fine. But if I come downstairs in tears, I'm blaming you," I said, getting off the couch and dragging myself to the stairs. I stared up them, not wanting to walk up there to face Pete.

I finally took a deep breath and pulled myself together to walk up the steps. I walked down the hallway slowly, dreading what awaited me behind the door at the end of the hall.

I stood in front of the door, my fist hovering over it. I was going to knock, eventually. I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I took another deep breath and was about to finally collide my fist with the door when Jess came up the stairs. "Hey, what are you doing? I thought we were going shopping?" She asked, staring at me in confusion.

Ahh, she was my saviour. I silently thanked God for that. I was gonna avoid Pete for as long as I could. I didn't want to talk to him just yet. And I'm pretty sure he didn't want to talk to me yet either.

"Yeah, um, right. Let's go," I mumbled, following her down the stairs. I ran out of the house before Andy could stop me and ask what happened. I had a feeling I would be avoiding Andy for awhile too.

***

"Why do you never wanna hang out?" Parker pouted, staring at me with puppy dog eyes. Ugh, he was doing this again. He always pulled this card. I usually ended up feeling bad. For about .05 seconds.

"Because, Parker, your idea of hanging out is pretty much a date," I sighed, resting my head on the cold desk. He was seriously starting to get on my nerves. He was really clingy. Like, really, really clingy.

"So? I see nothing wrong in that," He said, smirking a bit.

I rolled my eyes and sat up, "Parker, for the thousandth fucking time, I am not over Pete. I still love him - whether I want to or not. Plus, I'm not ready for another relationship. I like you and all, Parker, but not like that. I'm sorry."

"Oh, you will be," I heard him mumble under his breath. I shook my head, deciding to ignore it. The bell rang and I jumped out of my seat, running out of the classroom. Trick was picking me up today. I didn't want Parker asking about giving me a ride. He'd just ask to go out again.

I bolted out of the front doors of the school, sprinting to Trick's car. I opened the door, threw my bag in - which accidentally hit him - and slid in. I slammed the door shut and threw my head back on the headrest, letting out a sigh of relief.

"What the fuck is up with you?" Patrick asked, setting my bag down at my feet.

"Parker is driving me fucking insane," I said, serious emphasis on the "insane".

"Aww, c'mon, he can't be that bad."

"Hah! Trick, he's horrible. Oh, my God, he's always fucking asking me out. I keep telling him no. It's so fucking bad. And just, ughhhh. Take me home," I whined.

"...Okay."

*

December 23rd, 2005.

"Alright, over the break I expect all of you to finish up to chapter eighteen, and study for the vocabulary test that you will have when you get back," My English teacher, Ms. Dolim, said. The bell rang, setting us all free. I didn't feel like going to the rest of my classes. But, Jess said she would not come pick me up early and I was not about to ask Parker for a ride home.

"So, uh, Rae, you wanna do something over break? Not anything like a date. Just like, hanging out at the mall?" Parker asked.

I wanted to slam my head into the wall. But instead I said sure. I agreed to hanging out with Parker over the break. Just to shut him up.

He smiled and linked his arm with mine, squeezing and pulling me closer to him. Ow, that actually hurt.

"Ow, uh, Parker, that kinda hurts. Loosen up a bit?" I said, trying to break free of his grasp.

"Oh, um, sorry," He mumbled, loosening up his grip.

I stared at him in confusion. He had a...serious look on his face. He was deep in thought about something. I wanted to know, then again, I didn't want to know at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit://yeah boy and doll face - pierce the veil.
the song doesn't really fit well with the chapter but bleh, it's close enough, right? i couldn't find a good one to go with it. :|

so, i know that this isn't eventful at all, and time skipped like 3 months, but it's important. pretty important~ the next chapter is also pretty important. and it's got sex~*~*~* who doesn't love sex!?!?! hahaha. :|

omg and btw, sierra retweeted one of my tweets. i flipped out. and only got two hours of sleep because of it, hahaha. :'))))) i'm also gonna go see them at the mall reallllllly close to me on the 17th! i might meet them for the 4th time. ksjdflksdjflk. :D

AND! pete's episode of one tree hill was on earlier today. i legit flipped out and started fangirling. i couldn't stop laughing after he said something. he's such a sldjlskdgjls actor. i can't even describe it.

YOUR SNUFFA-WHAT...? hahahahaha. <3

back to the story- i only got two comments on the last chapter? ;_; guys, whyyyyyyyy. you were doing so well giving me feedback. feedback is important to me. i like to know what you guys think. am i doing a good job? am i doing a terrible job? tell me, pwease. :( i appreciate all of you readers, subscribers, and especially those who comment. <3

ending this at 65, jsyk. and i would like as much feedback as possible! i love hearing from you guys. <3

rivals are insane- thank you so much for commenting on every chapter. <33333
katakanaLOVE- i love your comments! thank you so much. <33333

x.