Sequel: Four Years
Status: Completed. Read the sequel "Four Years" :)

My Saving Grace

Please Take Me Home

I opened my eyes slowly and sat up, glancing around the room. Me and Jack’s clothes were scattered everywhere. Jack was sleeping peacefully next to me, with a smile on his face. A small smile crept its way onto my face. He was just so cute.

Jack turned over, now facing the wall. I gently lifted up the covers and stood up, stretching as I did so.

I started to do as I normally did – gather my clothes, get dressed, write a note for Jack, and leave out the window.

Jack stirred and I froze, standing on one leg, trying to get my shoe on. I stared as he sat up, “Rach?”

“Hey, Jack,” I laughed nervously.

“Are you leaving?” He asked with sad eyes.

“Well, I was planning on it. Alex and I have a date tonight…” I trailed off. Shit. What time was it? I was supposed to meet Alex at 8PM sharp. I glanced at Jack’s alarm clock. The red numbers flashed 7:01. Great. “Jack, can you take me home?”

He groaned and threw the covers off of him, standing up to gather his clothes.

I sat on the bed with my back to him as he got dressed. I fiddled with my necklaces. I always fiddled with something when I got nervous or felt guilty. It was a truly terrible habit.

He cleared his throat, signaling that I could turn around now. I stood up and walked after him. He turned and made me stay. He went and checked the hall for any sign of his family. When the coast was clear, he grabbed my hand and dragged me down the hall and the stairs.

We were almost out the door when Mrs. Barakat’s cheery voice stopped us, “Oh, Rachel! I didn’t know you were here!”

I turned and smiled politely, “Yeah, Jack just needed some help with his Chemistry stuff.”

Jack nodded slowly, “And now she’s got to go.”

“Oh, you can’t stay for dinner?”

“Sorry Mrs. B. I’m going out with Alex later,” I smiled.

Her smile fell a bit, nodding her head slowly. She looked at Jack, probably wondering why he wasn’t the one taking me out, “Oh, well, it was nice seeing you, sweetie.”

“It was nice seeing you, too, Mrs. B,” I nodded and walked out the door after Jack.

“She’s so embarrassing,” He mumbled as we got into the car.

I giggled, “Aww, come on, I love your mom!”

He muttered something, shaking his head as he turned on the car, “Are you sure you want to go out tonight? I’m gonna be bored!”

“Call…what’s her name?” I said, thinking of one of the girl’s he’s been with, “Aha! Melissa. Call Melissa.”

“But I don’t want to!” He whined. We were just sitting there in his driveway with the car on, wasting gas and my precious time. I had to take a shower. I looked and smelt…dirty.

“Take me home, Jack,” I said sternly, glaring at him.

He groaned, giving in. He backed out of the driveway. The car ride to my place was silent. Dead. Silent.

He pulled into my driveway and I started getting out when I felt him grab my wrist. He pulled me back down and gently kissed me on the lips.

Why the fuck was he doing this? I couldn’t take it anymore. He had to accept the fact that I was over him. He had to accept that I was dating his best friend.

I slapped him and got out of the car quickly. I didn’t dare to look back at him as I made my way to the door. I quickly opened the door and shut it as fast as I opened it.

I walked over to the big window, glancing out of the blinds. He was still sitting there. His hand was on his face, gently touching the spot I had slapped.

A wave of guilt rushed over me. Fuck. I wanted to run out there and give him a big hug. I wanted to say sorry.

But I couldn’t. I wasn’t going to let Jack use me anymore.

***

I sighed, poking my fork at my salad. Alex noticed my discomfort and set his fork down, “What’s wrong?”

“Huh? Oh, nothing,” I said, faking a smile.

“Stop using your damn fake smile on me,” He sighed. He was getting frustrated and I felt so bad. “What’s bugging you?”

“Finals,” I lied. “You know, the AP exams are coming up and I’m freaking out.”

“That’s it?” He asked, cocking his head to the side.

“Yeah,” I sighed. I pushed my plate away from me. I just wasn’t that hungry anymore.

What I did with Jack earlier kept popping into my head. The way he touched me, the way he held me, the way he said ‘I love you’.

“Hey, Rae?”

“Hmm?” I asked, raising my eyebrows.

“Wanna just go hang at my house?” He asked, also pushing his plate out in front of him.

I nodded slowly. He flagged down our waitress, getting the bill.

“How much is it?” I asked. I wanted to pay some of it so I wouldn’t feel so guilty about something else.

He shook his head, telling me no. I pouted, hoping that it would work on him.

“No, Rach. I got it,” He smiled sweetly.

“Thank you,” I smiled and leaned across the table to kiss him. He happily returned the kiss. I could feel his smile.

The waitress came over and coughed lightly. Alex and I pulled away, laughing, “Sorry…”

“It’s okay. Kids like you guys are so cute,” The older woman laughed, taking the bill.

“Keep the change,” Alex smiled politely.

She nodded her head, saying her thanks.

I stood up, Alex following suit. His hand brushed against mine as we left the little restaurant. I happily took his hand in mine as we walked to his car.

Alex let go of my hand and opened the passenger side door for me. I smiled, kissing his cheek before I got in, “Thank you babe.”

His cheeks turned a bright side of pink as he closed my door. A huge grin spread across his and my face. He was just too cute for words.

He slid in, turning on the car quickly, “So, my house, right?”

“Are you parent’s home?” I asked. Jack’s voice suddenly popped in my head, replaying what he asked earlier. Fuck you too conscience. Fuck you too.

“Nope. They’re out of town for the weekend,” He said, flashing me a devilish grin.

“Mmmkay, good,” I smiled as he sped off through the parking lot towards the exit.

He reached over with his free hand and grabbed mine, kissing it softly, “So, what do you wanna do tonight?”

I couldn’t help but to blush, “Well…I don’t know. Watch movies; kick your ass in video games…”

“Oh, no you didn’t,” He laughed. “When we get home, you’re on!”
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit://please take me home - blink-182

hiiii, it's 1:30AM and i am currently hiding from my mom. dnw her to catch me on the computer.

so, short authors note like yeahhhhhh. loli'mlame|:

thoughts?

x.