Status: Active

I Only Had Eyes For You

Chapter 2

April 18, 2010

I felt like I was going crazy. Never in my life had I wanted there to be a party so badly. These parties were basically my only chance to see you. I had never been this way before. I was starting to become obsessed in a way. I thought about you all the time and texted you constantly.

Luckily for me, I got invited to another party that night.

Only, this time, the party was at your house.

I was excited, more excited than I had been in a long time. I was finally going to see where you lived. With all of my excitement came nervousness.

What if you acted differently at your house? Would you still talk to me the whole night even though you was a host now? What if everything changed for the worst?

My brain started going through a thousand different scenarios, both good and bad. But, they were mostly bad. I couldn’t help it.

I knew you were going to be there this time. I wanted to impress you, make you like me. Or so I hoped you would. I took time to do my hair and make-up this time.

I didn’t go out my window, I used the front door. Which meant that now, I would have to be home by two. I didn’t like this, but I knew, I could always sneak out and go back.

I was almost sweating by the time I found your house. Almost, but not quite. I checked my reflection in the rearview mirror. I wanted to test something, see how much attention you actually paid to my appearance.

I changed my lip rings.

I wasn’t sure whether to knock when I got to the door or not, but decided to just walk in since it was a party. The house wasn’t very big, but there was a basement that we could use for more room. That’s where most of the people were. Around the beer pong table. Of course you had a beer pong table.

When I went down the stairs, I saw a few familiar faces and a lot of new ones. I was told I had to sign the wall. I wasn’t sure of what to write, so I just signed my name.

It didn’t take me long to find you. Why would it, you were the reason I was even here. I walked over to you and gave you a hug, greeting you with the usual, ‘Hey, Best Friend’.

We talked for a while and you introduced me to some of the people I didn’t know.

That’s when I met Candy.

I had seen her before, but didn’t really know her. My first impression of her was that I didn’t like her. That wasn’t true though. I did like her, just not until I met her with different people. We became instant friends. We started talking and I nearly forgot about you, until you walked away. My eyes lingered on you for a moment before going back to my conversation. I could always talk to you later.

There was music playing and Candy and I started dancing. We were able to get more people to dance with us, but they never stayed long.

I looked at my phone, it was nearly two. I didn’t want to leave, but I had to. I knew I was coming back.

When I got back to your house, the crowd had thinned out a little bit. I was able to meet a few more of your friends before talking to you again.

You were always finding ways to make fun of me. For being clumsy, or for my height, it really didn’t matter. All I knew was I liked it, although, I would never admit that to you. Or anyone, for that matter.

The rest of the night was pretty uneventful as far as nights go. I walked back home texting you, until you fell asleep, anyway. I got home and crawled back through my window.

I knew you were sleeping, but I texted you saying I had gotten home safely anyway. I didn’t figure you were the type to worry about little things like that, but I could have been wrong.

I wasn’t really tired, but I didn’t have anything else to do, either. So, I tried to fall asleep. It took some time, but I finally fell asleep with a smile on my face.

I was thinking of you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please :]