‹ Prequel: You're Not Alone.
Status: Active

Me or the Music?

34

Marie's POV

"I need to go out." I groaned in to my phone, rolling on to my stomach on the floor.

"So let's go." Jackie laughed on the other end of the phone "What are you doing right now? It's seven on a Friday night."

"Uhhhh..." I Looked around and she laughed, knowing my answer "Well, there's two tubs of ice cream empty next to me, one other half full, two containers of cookies gone... Gilmore Girls is halfway through a season.." I laughed "And Bax is passed out."

"Of course, single lady Friday night." I heard Brian's voice.

"Hey, your man should be my wing man tonight, he can pull in the guys." I Smirked, receiving a few well earned fuck off's from Brian.

"I mean, I think that could work. " Jackie laughed "Babe, wanna go out with us tonight? Considering you'll have seven cows is I go out trying to pick up guys." She giggled.

"Yah, you two need security." Brian took Jackie's phone. "You ok with me coming?"

"Duh, Brian. Duh." I laughed in to the phone.

"Ok, we'll pick you up at eight, be ready, be sexy... not too sexy, you're still well... my best friends soon-to-be-ex wife." He laughed.

"Yah yah, I know. Ok, I'll be ready. See ya soon guys!" I shouted in to the phone, making sure Jackie heard me, and ran upstairs.

I skidded to a stop in front of my closet, skimming through the numerous club dresses I had spoiled myself and bought when Hannah and I went out shopping last week after the whole Matt episode in Sacramento. I settled on a short red dress, it was skin tight, thin straps, and the neckline plunged almost to my belly button. The length came right below my butt, and I smirked and pulled it on, taking my bra off from underneath. Sexy was definitely one of the many words that came to mine. I grabbed a pair of black stilettos from the floor and strapped them on, standing and pushing my hair back. I clicked my way in to the bathroom and adjusted my makeup, adding a smokey eye, some false eyelashes, a little extra eyeliner, and blush lipstick.

I grabbed a few bracelets and rings from the top drawer of my bathroom before fixing my hair. I curled the bottom length, adding small waves around my shoulders. I sprayed a good amount of hairspray, probably enough to just cut through the first layer of ozone, and smiled at my reflection in the mirror. Definitely a few more words than sexy ringing a bell.

Speaking of bells, the doorbell rang and I rolled my eyes. Whenever did Jackie or Brian ring the doorbell?

I grabbed a clutch purse, perfect for just my phone, I.D., and credit card to fit in, and ran down the stairs.

"Hold on!" I shouted as it rang a few more times, I flung the door open, my hair obstructing my view momentarily before my eyes focused "Oh, hey, what are you doing here?" I asked as Jimmy kept ringing the doorbell.

"Oh, hi." He laughed, looking me over "Just... well, actually, I needed to talk to you."

"Oh, well, Brian and Jackie are on the way over to pick me up, we're going out tonight... Wanna go have lunch tomorrow or something? I Don't want to get hung up talking when they're here and ready to leave.."

"Sounds good," He smiled "I'll call you in the morning then, sorry, I figured you'd be home." He laughed "I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Talk to you tomorrow." I called and shut the door as he walked to his car, I watched out the window as he paused in the driveway in the car for a minute, on the phone, I laughed and walked to the kitchen. "Pre-game." I drank down some orange juice, I hadn't touched alcohol in nearly three months. No one thought it would be an issue if I did, I was just skeptical, but maybe it was time I let loose for once.

I was taken from my thoughts as the front door burst open "Fuckkkerrrr!" Brian screamed, Jackie's laugh following.

"Losers!" I shouted, walking out, earning a gasp from Jackie.

"Slut!" She smiled, hugging me.

"Jesus, I said sexy, not go rob the prostitute down the road!" Brian laughed as Jackie poked at my cleavage.

"And you aren't even wearing a bra." She laughed "Dammit tits McGee."

"Shut up, let's go. I might just be breaking this sober streak tonight." I laughed as we walked out to Brian's car.

"FUCK YES DRUNK MARIE IS BACK!" Brian shouted "You're so fun drunk."

I laughed "Oh yah, so much fun." I smirked as we got in to the car, Brian immediately cranking the radio. They were playing on the station.

"Ew, don't boost your own ego." Jackie turned the radio down and laughed.

"Someone drank their share of hater-ade this morning." Brian looked in the rear view "You ready to rage and bring home dudes?!"

"I mean, rage yes, unsure of the latter half.." I smirked "I mean possibly."

"Oh yay, finally, she's coming around." Jackie laughed "So, we're gonna keep this our little secret right?"

"What?" I asked.

"From Matt?" She asked.

"I mean, obviously? He doesn't need to know what I do with my life." I laughed.

"Truth, but," Jackie held her hand up "The papers aren't signed, it's not final, you're technically still married to this moron's best friend."

"I know." I smiled "He tried so hard last week to apologize, it was semi-pathetic."

"He generally is." Brian sighed and pulled up to the valet "But! Regardless, you need to let loose in the mean time."

I smiled and stepped out with Jackie, letting Brian handle the valet guy and all that. "Ready?" She looked at me, I nodded and smiled, biting my lip as we walked up to the door of the club, this would... this would get interesting.

Later on in to the evening, I had probably four cocktails, two shots of tequila, and I was definitely feeling it. I was currently sipping on my fourth cosmo, chatting up some guy at the bar like I was a professional. Jackie and Brian were by my side though, Jackie being somewhat of a wing man, definitely talking me up.

"Hey!"

I turned around, ignoring momentarily the man beside me "Do I know you?" I asked the woman in front of me, bleached blonde hair, short figure.

"Oh fuck." Brian mumbled, loud enough for me to hear over the music.

"Aren't you Matt's wife?" She asked, a smile creeping on to her lips, I could just feel the hot guy behind me leave the bar. I sighed.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked, her face ringing a faint bell in my head.

"My names-"

"Get the fuck out, is what your name is." Brian stood and hissed "Seriously."

"Oh, Brian, didn't see you." She smirked "How's it going?"

"Great, lovely actually. Better than your dumb ass life, now go." He sneered at her "Come on, don't make me call security."

She raised her hands in defense, shaking her head "Fine, don't get your panties in a bunch." Her name stung against my tongue "Just help the one woman Matt actually love to leave him, shame he can't manage to keep anyone around. What with losing Cori-"

"Shut your fucking mouth." I hissed at her "That was all your fault considering you didn't fucking leave him alone!"

She smiled "Awe, you do know me. Well, it was nice... running in to you. I'll make sure to remember next time this is hush hush." She smiled at Brian "Tell Matt I said hi."

Brian glared at her as she walked away, I sighed "Fuck my life." I sat next to Jackie, holding the drink in my hand "I get kind of close with one dude and bam... She should have been the one to fucking off herself." I mumbled under my breath.

"Well, considering I didn't leave."

I looked up beside me to the guy I was talking to, Jeremy I believe his name was, still standing there. I smiled as he sat down "Sorry about her-"

"You're married?" He asked, looking my hand over.

"Well," I paused "We're in the process of getting a divorce."

"Oh." He nodded "Well, maybe to help you get over that.." He smirked at me as I downed the rest of my drink, waving at the bar tending for another.

"I think that would be a good idea." I smiled at him, his bright white teeth glimmering in the flashing lights behind us. He took my hand and I glanced at Jackie and Brian.

"Call me in the morning." Jackie smiled at me "I'll come get you."

I nodded and stood up, drinking my next drink from the bartender and taking Jeremy's hand, heading for the door. I could only feel knots in my stomach, what was I doing? Having fun? Getting over Matt? Hopefully..