Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Dix

Gerard's POV

For some reason, I was vary uncomfortable now sleeping in my bunk. I turned over so I was lying on my left side but no progress was made. I laid on my back staring up at the ceiling wondering if the person above me was having as much trouble sleeping as I was. I exhaled deeply and closed my eyes hoping to fall asleep. No such luck.

I opened my curtain and exited the small area. My mouth was dry. The thing I hate more than not being able to sleep is waking up with dry mouth. I went into the small kitchen like area and flipped on the light. I instantly regretted It as the sudden burst of light forced my eyes shut. I rubbed them and slowly opened them, trying to adjust from darkness to a brightly lit room.

I grabbed a glass from the cupboard and turned on the faucet turning on the water and filling up the glass. I sipped at the now full glass and grabbed the counter for support. Once I was stable, I stumbled over to the couch where I found a folder of my old artwork from college and high school and started going through it. I found pieces that I remembered doing. I found pieces that I I didn’t remembered doing. Some of the art was dated before High School Grad. Mostly childish pictures people had me draw.

I rubbed my eyes. Seriously, is it tomorrow yet? We really need to get a clock in here cause I have no idea what time it is. I went to look at the watch on my wrist when I remember I’d taken it off cause the battery had died.

I thought I heard Frank walk out, mumbling a few obstinacies under his breath most of which were directed at me. He walked out into the area I was in and rubbing his eyes he asked what I was doing up at this time of night. “I couldn’t sleep.” I said truthfully. He sighed and crashed next to me on the couch.

“What’cha looking at?” He asked, peering over my shoulder and taking a few sheets of paper away from the folder. “I think I know who drew these.” He smiled showing me the group of pictures he took. I smiled. Stick figures in blue and red crayon. The word daddy written sloppy. “I didn’t think you still had these.” He said. I placed the clip back on the drawings and closed the folder. “I’m going back to bed, night Frank.” I said, leaving the light for him to turn off.

I laid back in my bunk and sighed deeply running my fingers through my ratted hair. Why did I even keep those clippings. They were pretty much pointless cause she didn’t know who I was to her other than another band member. She doesn’t know me, I don’t know her. I don’t even know what she looks like now. I know she’s fourteen and her birthday’s coming up. But that was it. That was all I knew.

I must’ve fallen asleep cause the next time I woke up it was daylight. I rubbed my eyes and walked out into the front lounge. Frankie and Bob were sitting on the couch, poking fun at each other. “Hey, Gee!” Frankie chirped. I smiled, greeting him and opened the fridge. “How come we never have anything to eat?” I asked. Our fridge was like completely empty. “We were gonna go shopping but Frankie doesn’t wanna go with me. He want’s to stay home and count his tattoos.” Bob stated. I looked at Frankie. “I keep losing count around 10.” He said. “I’ll go with you.” I said.

He gave me time to wake up a bit and we left. No matter how much time we spend in the UK, I don’t think I’ll ever get used to the money system here. Bob picked out a couple things that would be good and I picked out what we needed. I made sure to pick up what every tour bus needs. An air freshener. A tour bus with 5 guys definitely needed one.

As we were walking out of the store, we were casually greeted by a couple fans. They were real cool about us being out in public. A girl who had dyed her hair black and red, asked me If I could check out the song on her Ipod. “Sure.” I said, placing the bags on the ground. She handed me the headphones and played the song. “I don’t know it. what is it?” I asked her. She squinted at the screen to see the band’s name. “Um, it’s by this American band name, Two Times Charged. My cousin who lives there say’s there fucking awesome.” She said. “Yeah, they sound good. Who sings?” She scratched her head. “I actually don’t know. He never told me the name but I hear she’s like very pretty and like he downloaded their songs and sent them.”

Bob sneezed. “Bless you.” The girls giggled. I laughed. “We’ll we have to go, but when we go back to America, I’ll check them out.” I said. We said goodbye and went back to the tour bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot! Chapter 10 of the re-write. I'm so happy :))
Don't forget to comment!