Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Douze

“Goodnight, Club Neon!” I shouted as we finished playing the set. I walked off the stage as Adrian and Imogene and Thomas did their thing to say goodbye to the crowd. They came backstage a few minutes later to cool off. “That went good. Better than I thought it would.” Adrian said crashing into a chair.

“How are you tired, you just sit there and play with sticks.” Imogene asked harshly. “Hey, at least I can keep a beat.” He sent back. “Would you guys cool it.” I said, breaking them up. Imogene turned away once she got a text. “You’re phone’s on?” Adrian asked. “Yeah, it was like vibrating all through the set.” She claimed. He shook his head. “What?” She shot. “I didn’t say anything!”

I rolled my eyes. Imogene stopped arguing with Adrian long enough to ask me what I thought about the concert coming up in a week. “Oh yeah. I never got to tell you, Steve and Joanne don’t want me going.” I said. Her mouth dropped. “What?!” I shrugged not knowing what to say next. “So you’re not going. No! That would mean I have to take dummy over there!” She pointed at Adrian. “I wouldn’t be talking if I was you.” He said from across the room.

“No I’m going. I’m going to that show if it kills me.” I said so sure. Imogene clapped happily. “Who’re we seeing?” Thomas asked. “My Chemical Romance.” I answered. “You don’t even like their music so why are you going?” He asked, scratching his elbow. “Cause I wanna go.” I sent.

I waited outside the club for Joanne to come pick me up and watched the others take off in Imogene’s dad’s car. Joanne pulled up in the van shortly after they pulled away and I got in the backseat. They always try to talk to me if I sit in the front. Not just Joanne and Steve but any parents that I happen to be getting a ride from. She glanced at me in the mirror and I looked up from my phone. “What?” I asked. She shook her head. “Nothing.” and went back to focusing on driving.

“I think you’re really gonna like Andy. I know it’s gonna take some getting used to, but it’ll pass. “ She said. I rolled my eyes. Damn it, she really needs to stop trying to talk me. She looked at me again. Yeah, she needs to stop that too. “Will you try and be nice to him.” I sunk in my seat. “I’m always nice?” I answered. What? It’s true. She giggled. “Yeah, Monet, you’re nice but you look a little rough. Andy’s sort of afraid of you.” I looked up from my phone and tried not to laugh. “Why am I that scary?” She nodded. “It’s the blue hair, Monet.” I laughed. “Are you serious? My hair. Oh my God.” I couldn’t stop. She laughed with me.

When we got home, I walked through the front door and into the living room. I looked at Joanne. Andy wasn’t in here or the kitchen. Steve came in through the hall way. “Where’s Andy?” I asked. He was taken back a bit but smiled. “Probably exploring the upstairs.” He said. I went through the hall and up the stairs. Andy was staring at my closed door. “Hey.” I greeted turning my doorknob. He smiled briefly. I walked in and sat on my bed, answering my vibrating phone. I noticed he was still standing in the hall when I closed my phone.

“You can come in, ya know.” I assured. He smiled and walked in. He looked at the almost completely bare walls of my room and asked why all my posters were ripped. “Cause I move them a lot.” I said while waiting for Jocelyn to text me back. It vibrated and I answered. “They’re all country singers.” He said like I hadn’t realized. I nodded. “Yeah. I love Metal but I love country too.” He nodded.

“So what band’s are you into?” I asked him, still sitting on my bed. He sat next to me, peering over to see what I was doing. I didn’t make an effort to show him. “I like bands like Greed Day.” I nodded. “How ‘bout you?” He asked. “Metallica. Their like my favorite.” I love them. “Never heard of them.” He said. Hmm. I hadn’t thought so.

He started to bounce a little while sitting on my bed, until he had spotted the action figures on my bookcase. He made a mad rush for them and started to play with them. “These are so cool.” He said. “Can I have ‘em?” I tore my eyes from my phone and grabbed them from him. “NO.” I snapped. He shrunk back and I piled them on my bed.

Joanna knocked on my open door to get our attention. We turned to her. “You guys seemed to be getting along.” She smiled. I rolled my eyes and Andy smiled happily forgetting my attitude. He thought we were getting along too. Whatever. “Andy, it’s getting late, why don’t you get ready for bed.” He said goodbye to me like he wasn’t going to see me again and ran off towards the bathroom. At least he knew where that was.

I shut my door when they both left and locked it and then back on the bed I went. I looked at the action figure of Gerard. He looked sad slash mad. I can’t wait for the concert. I just have to keep it a secret from the parents.

9 days left.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was quick to write. Sorry it took so long to post but it's finally up for you're reading. Enjoy and comment and all that sweet stuff that makes me happy :D