Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Vingt Sept

"Monet, I passed Go." Andy brought me back to our little game. "Oh, right, sorry." I must've spaced. I handed him the two hundred dollar bills. He accepted it gratefully, and placed it with the other stacked bills. Monopoly. Not the new version with the new pieces but the old 1990s version with the thimble and the dog and the shoe. The good version. "Your turn."

I grabbed the dice from the center of the board and rolled. Seven. A five and two. Chance. I picked up a card and read. 'Go directly to jail. If you pass go do not collect $200' Andy frowned and moved my piece to the jail corner. "I'll visit you." He said. I smiled.

We continued playing. I get out only to land on one of Andy's properties and go bankrupt. He puts the game up by himself and asks me. "Are Joanne and Steve gonna be out all night?" I nodded. "Um, I'm hungry." He stated cutely. "What do you want?" I asked. He tapped his chin. "Well, I like Macaroni and Cheese." I shrugged. No problem. I think everyone likes mac n cheese.

I went into the kitchen and started making it. I had to wait for the water to boil and that took a while. When it was finished, I yelled for Andy to come and get it. He came in, having washed and dried his hands, he got himself a bowl and I got myself a bowl. I almost forgot the fork. Andy didn't forget his.

We ate at the kitchen table. Nothing but the sound of clinking silverware and Andy's one statement. "I didn't know you were left handed." I looked at him and then my left hand. "Yeah, ok, I'm left handed." He shrugged. "Cool." I took care of the dishes by simply putting them in the sink and walked away.

...

Andy was in bed now since it was about nine at night and we had school tomorrow. I usually didn't go to bed until 10:30 or eleven so I had some time to kill. I passed the laundry room and went through my clothes basket. I grabbed a clean towel and some clothes and locked myself in the upstairs bathroom.

For the longest time, after I had taken my shower I just stood in front of the mirror hanging over the sink. My hands, though wet, gripped the porcelain sink. My headache was coming back. I sighed, sniffled and opened the mirror that doubled as a cabinet. One half of my face, neck and shoulders suddenly gone from my view.

I grabbed the small, orange, prescription pill bottle with the white and yellow label with my name on it. Monet Du Pont and all my other information. Date of birth. Weight, height, etc, etc.

I clicked the top and popped one of the tiny yellow pills. With the pill in my mouth, sitting on my tongue, I filled a plastic cup with water and drunk it to wash the pill down. I tipped the glass up a little to much, and water started to stream down my chin.

I rested the on the sink and left, leaving the light on for whomever might need it next. The light in my room was already so I could see where I was going. I turned on the radio before settling into bed. For some reason, I couldn't sleep without the radio.

Above the bed was a string that hung down from the light on the ceiling. I pulled it and the light when off. I closed my eyes and as the radio was playing Cliffs Of Dover by Eric Johnson, I heard the low rumble of the mini van pull in.

Welcome home.
♠ ♠ ♠
second update for today. woo hoo!

:]