Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Trente Deux

Monet's POV

The bus dropped me and Adrian off at his house after school. We started walking up his front steps when he suddenly turned around. "What?" I asked while he turned me around too. "Oh, nothing. I just don't feel like going in that way." He said, walking around to the side of his house. "Your dad's home isn't he." He nodded.

"So we use the roof approach." He said. He stepped on a tree trunk and then the overturned trash barrel and push pulled himself up onto the slanted roof. I did the same. Stump, barrel, roof. I felt like I was gonna fall. "This isn't gonna like, collapse out from under me is it?" He shook his head. "Naw. It shouldn't." He winked. He walked to his window and opened it and stepped through onto his bed. I did the same.

"So why don't you like your dad?" I asked, once settled and seated on his bed. He shrugged, going through his dresser for something. Once he found his thing, he sat on the bed next to me and showed me. "Here smell this." I took the cologne from him. "Oh. Man perfume! Smells good. You never answered my question." He laughed. "Um, ya know, he's got that whole problem about me liking guys. It's stupid really." I shrugged. "Yeah, but you're the only guy Joanne and Steve will let me spend the night with and not worry." He snickered and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "Oh, come on. I'd go straight for you." I laughed and shoved him off.

He stood up and went for his messenger bag. "So, I'm thirsty." I told him. He threw a reese's peanut butter cup at me. "Here" He said. Adrian always kept weird things in his bag. "Yeah, cause this is so thirst quenching." I held up the melting chocolate piece. "Do you want it or not?" I nodded. "Then stop complaining."

"I'm not complaining, I'm just saying." He made a face, but then joined me on the bed with a handful of melting chocolate cups. "Those are all mine right?" I grinned. He shook his head and popped one in his mouth.

A series of knocks crashed against his door. Adrian rolled his eyes before saying come in. His father came in and the look on his face suggested he was surprised. "Oh! I hope I didn't interrupt anything." He said. "No, trust me you didn't." I laughed. Adrian shook his head. "What's up?" His father tossed a white envelop addressed from T-mobile, on the bed.

Adrian opened the envelop, scanned the paper inside, than looked at his father with almost pleading eyes. "Think you could pay for me this month?" His father sighed. "Adrian, we agreed that if you got a cell phone, you were paying for it." Adrian's shoulders dropped. "I know dad, but Imogene broke my sticks and the new ones were more than I expected."

His father sighed again, finally agreed to pay and then left. I turned to Adrian. "How'd she break your sticks?" I asked. "She sat on them." I choked back a laugh. "Are you cereal?" He nodded. Wow. Just like Adrian. Or rather Imogene.