Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Cinquante Cinq

Gerard's POV

“I have something to ask you too?”

She mumbled something and then said goodnight.

“Goodnight, baby.” I said, and she hung up.

I looked at the cell phone for a second, closed it and then put it back in my pocket. Mikey stared at me from across the room. “How is she?” He asked. I shrugged. “Fine I guess. She was tired, so she didn’t really talk much.” I explained. Mikey nodded. “You plan on asking her when you see her?” I nodded. “Are you sure you guys alright with it? I know that there isn’t that much space as it is.” I said. He nodded. “Gee she’s family, to all of us. We’ll make room.”

...

“Are we seeing her today?” Asked Jamia. Frankie nodded quickly. They were excited to see Monet. We all were. “Oh my God I can’t wait! She’s so adorable.” Jamia exclaimed. Bob rolled his eyes, sitting on the couch next to me.

“Oh, come on Bob, you have to admit, she cute.” Frankie said, pestering him. “I don’t have to admit anything I don’t want to.” He said. I chuckled. “Ooh, does Bob seem a little cranky today?” Frankie poked. Bob swatted away his hand, making Frankie laugh even more.

"Leave Bob alone, hun!" Jamia sent. Frankie sighed, rolling his eyes, and did as told. "Did she sound excited?" Alicia asked. I shrugged. "She said she missed me." I divulged. She smiled, and laughed gently. "You miss her like crazy don't you?" She pressed. I nodded. "I wanna see her so badly." Alica continued smiling. "Well, just know that we're all for it."

...

Mikey and I were the only ones in the car. Frankie, Ray, Bob and the girls were back at the hotel. Mikey was driving, and he pulled up into the empty driveway.

I was on the porch, when Mikey told me to step back for a minute. "What?" I asked. He grinned, and nodded up towards the window on the second floor. Monet saw us, and waved through the open window. "Hello up there." Mikey called. She giggled, audible from down here and told us to wait. We waited there on the front porch.

Monet came down, opened the wooden door and then the screen door. "Hi." She said, biting her lower lip. 'Hi." I returned. She stood there still for a moment, then decided to try and hug me, wrapping her arms around my neck. I wrapped my arms around her waist and she squeezed me tighter.

"Did you miss us?" I asked, grinning. Mikey was smiling, his hand placed on Monet's shoulder. She nodded. I kissed her hair. "Did you miss me?" She breathed. "Oh, I missed so much, sweetie." I crooned smoothing down her hair.

She pulled away and cleared her throat. "You sound a lot better." Mikey told her. She smiled. "So what is it you wanted to ask me." I asked, clearing the hair out of her eyes. It seemed longer. "Later. I'm just so happy you're here." She said, throwing her arms back around my neck. I smiled. Ditto.

...

Monet smiled at me, taking away my plate. She'd insisted that we stay for dinner. "Ok." I had said. We had spaghetti. The little boy, Andy, spent most of the time staring at Monet and I.
"Andy, it's not polite to stare." Joanne said. I chuckled. "It' fine. I don't mind."
As Monet was taking away the dishes, with Andy's help, Joanne smiled at me. "So, you guys are here how long?"

"Just for a couple days. I really wanted to spend sometime with her." Mikey nodded. "Well, if you'd like to spend the night. so you can see her in the morning, you're welcome too. As of a change of clothes, I'm positive I could find something." I looked at Mikey and nodded. He was considering her deal too. "That sounds great."

"Joanne, we does this go." Monet came in to holding up the wine glass that I had used for water. "Oh don't worry about it sweetie, I'll get that for you." She said, smiling. Joanne took the glass. Monet looked at me. "You wanna go for a ride." I offered. She nodded, laughing.

...

"You need to try this." She giggled, sitting in the front seat, holding a spoonful of ice cream to me. I gratefully accepted, and laughed. "Ymm, that's really good." She laughed.

...

I followed Monet in her room, and gently closed the door behind me. She had already changed into her pajamas and a long t-shirt. She hopped on the bed, under the covers, and leaned over to feed her turtle named Tutu. "He loves food. I have to feed him, like, 12 times a day." She chuckled sheepishly. I smiled, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"What did you wanna ask me?" Monet asked, pulling the covers over her lap. "School ends in like, 2 weeks. The guys were wondering, if you would like to spend the summer with us? On tour." She smiled, biting her lips. "Would there be room for me." I nodded. "You'd have your own room. You'd get to see us more then once a week. I know it's not exactly appealing going on tour with five guys, but..." I trailed.

"I would love to go." She said, sounding very sad for some reason.

"So what is it you wanted to ask me?" I asked back. "Um, I watched all the tapes. There's one that your not in, and I ask mom when she thinks your coming back." She started to tear up a bit, sniffling. I had to look away to stop myself from crying. I knew what she was about to ask.

"Why-why did you leave?" I bit my lip, and she was starting to cry. I took her hands. "I was 16. I had this beautiful baby girl, and I was scared. I didn't know how to take care of her, so i just left thinking I'd forget."

"And you did. You forget about me!"

"No i didn't."

"Then why didn't you come back?"

I was going to answer, but I couldn't. I didn't know how to. She saw this, so instead, I just wrapped my arms around her. "Trust me. I love you so much, baby." I whispered, kissing her cheek, and leaving my lips there for a few seconds. I felt her skin wrinkle into a sad smile. She breathed sharply, hugging me back.

"Do you still wanna come with us on tour." I asked, pulling away. She nodded, and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. I smiled. "Ok. I'll tell Mikey. Joanne thought it would be a good idea for us to stay the night, so, I'll see you tomorrow." I said, standing up. "Night." She whispered. I smiled, pulling the light string and closing the door behind me on my way out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating in almost a month. I hope this chapter was worth the wait.
=\