Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Cinquante Neuf

::Four Days Later::

!!!Club Neon is holding the Official Start of Summer party tonight starting at 5PM and ending at 8PM. Unfortunately, this is Club Neon’s last night, so when tonight ends, Neon ends with it. Come join us for our last night!!! I stared at the flyer taped to my locker. A copy was taped to almost everyone’s locker, but no body really paid any attention to it because it was the last day of school.

Club Neon is shutting down. Derrick had told me his uncle was having trouble keeping the place open. Two Times Charged had practically split, and not as many people were stopping by. Club Studio Major was buying him out. Damn.

I crumpled the flyer, and threw it on the littered floor. We didn’t have any afternoon classes. Once the morning classes were over and the assemble was over, everyone was to preoccupied with getting as many signatures in their yearbook as possible.

I took all my pictures off the door of my locker and then shut it for the very last time. I packed all my things inside my bag and paused when I saw my yearbook. “Hey, can you sign my yearbook.” I looked up to see who had asked. It was MacKenzie. “Um, sure.” I said. She handed me her yearbook and a marker. Have a great summer. See you next year.

She thanked me, and was about to walk off. I couldn’t believe it. Someone asked me to sign their yearbook. “Wait. Could you sign mine?” I asked. She blinked and then smiled and nodded. “Sure thing. Here you go.” She said after signing mine. “Thanks.”

...

I held open Adrian’s bag as he piled all his stuff into it. He dropped a heavy binder in and then shut his locker. “What about your pictures?” I asked. He shrugged. “I’m gonna get the same locker next year, might as well just leave them in there.” He said. I nodded, and zipped up his bag.

“So...” He said. “What?” I asked. “Did you patch things up with Imogene?” I shrugged. “I guess. We still don’t really talk much. Not like we used to.” I said. He smiled apologetically. “You know we really missed having you in the band.” He said. “Thomas thought about getting another singer, but it didn’t feel right without having you in.” I bit my lip. It was my fault.

“Well, it’s summer now. Who knows, maybe we’ll patch things up.” He said. I shook my head. “Probably not. I’m leaving for the summer; going on tour with my dad.” He raised his eyes. “Well I hope you have fun. Make sure you send me a postcard or two.” He laughed. I smiled. I will.

...

“Are you going to the party tonight.” Lauren asked me, handing me my yearbook back. “No. My dad is picking me up and then we’re leaving.” I said. She smiled. “I’m really sorry about that whole deal. I really shouldn’t have told anyone.” I shrugged. “It’s Ok. I’m fine about it.” I said.

“Are you happy to know who your dad is?” I nodded. “It’s weird knowing Gerard is my dad, but i’ve seen the videos, so there’s no denying it.” I said. She offered me a half smile, and adjusted her bag.

...

“So how’s it feel to be graduated?” I asked Derrick. He shrugged. “Ok. I thought I’d get this overpowering feeling of relief, but there’s not much to brag about.” He answered. I nodded. He was signing my yearbook. “There. But you have to wait until school’s over to read it.” He grinned. I smiled. “Ok, then you should let me sign yours and you can’t read it until school’s out.” He nodded, and handed me his yearbook.

The final bell ending school for the summer rang just as I was handing back Derrick his yearbook. “Well, I guess - I hope I see you around.” He said, grinning and walking away. I stood there watching after him, and then I opened my yearbook to see what he wrote.

‘“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- e.e. cummings” Love Derrick E. Richards.

P.S. I saw you at my Graduation. You were crying....Thank you.’


I looked up to see if he was still there but he wasn’t. I hugged the yearbook close to my chest, and turned around, heading for the exit.

Dear Derrick:
“How did it get so late so soon?
It's night before it's afternoon.
December is here before it's June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
-- Dr. Seuss” Love, Monet H. Du Pont

P.S. I cried at your Graduation. Good luck out there in the real world!’
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it.

It's finally done.

It's finally completed.

I hope you all enjoyed reading.

Thank You!