Status: Active

Love is Merely Madness

Chapter 6

"Samm, listen to me" Michelle said to me, grabbing me by the shoulders. "you-you can't be like this. this is what you always dreamed for"
"but-" she cut me off.
"no buts. I'll miss you like a-fucking-lot, but I just can't let you turn this down." she said letting go of my shoulders. All I wanted to do was cry on her shoulder, and I could see her eyes fill with tears too.
"We'll always be friends... best friends. I promise." she said and hugged me, I hugged her back. Esther and Gabby joined in and suddenly we were all wiping tears away.
"I love you girls, I'll never ever forget all the stupid things we did and said" I said fighting more tears, I truly loved those girls; they had been there for me so many times. I just couldn't believe I was leaving them behind.

"Now... go to the office and tell him you're ready" Michelle said motioning me to go.
"am I ready?" I thought that out loud. "of course you are" Gabby said, giving me a weak smile.
I nodded and started walking back to the office.

On my way, I started thinking about everything that had happened. I woke up being a Barker: being a child in the middle of an ugly divorce; being the sibling of a junkie; being a victim of child abuse, and now it turns out that I'm not all that.

I found myself standing in front of the office door again. Shaking my thoughts to the back of my head, I opened the door and saw Matt talking on the phone, with his hand pressed to his forehead.
"Yeah, but slower- yeah yeah, do that- yeah sound's good. yeah, sorry I'm not over there, man, but this is really important for us."he stayed silent for a few seconds and then smiled. I knocked the door frame quietly, he turned around and said into the phone "umm, I'll call you later" and he hung up.

"So Samm... did you think about it?" he said sitting on the wooden chair.
"yes" I said sitting next to him "I'll go to California with you... tomorrow" he smiled relieved.
"that's great news" he grabbed his aviator glasses from the desk. "shall we go for your stuff?"
I nodded, and then it occurred to me. "You want to meet my friends?" I said with a little smirk on my face.
"it would be a pleasure" he said walking to the door and opened it for me. I smiled and thanked him; and we started walking to the cafeteria.

While we were walking, he asked me "what about your mom... well, foster mom" I had totally forgotten about that. "damn..." I said. I was sure she would torture me, somehow.
But... I was with Matt, he wouldn't let anything happen to me, right?

"well... she" I continued "I don't know if... if she'll take this too good" He gave me a weird look.
"well, she fought with me on the phone today" he laughed a little "she'll be pissed for sure" he was extremely relaxed about it. That made me feel better.

We kept walking and I heard my name, we both turned around. It was Hollie, a girl that sat next to me in chemistry class, screaming my name. "Saaaaaaaaaaaamm!!! Blondie got transfeeeeeeeeeeeeeered!!!!" When she finally got to where we were standing, she starting screaming happily: "she got transferred to another state! can you-" then she saw Matt "HOLY SHIT IT'S M. SHADS!!" he smiled.

"hi" he said "oh my g-ummm- he he... hi" she blushed. It was amusing, my hyperactive little friend was shy, that only happens once in a lifetime.
"she's Hollie" I introduced "you already know who he is" I said looking at him.
"nice to meet you" he said, but she just blushed

After a few seconds of more blushing, Hollie was called and we kept walking to cafeteria.
I was completely ready for my friends to meet him. But aboutmy mom Jeanette... I was nervous about that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have good news and bad news...
good news is: here's the update. And, because I had started writing this story a while ago, I have until chapter 23 written :D

bad news is: I have tests next week, so no updates... until I'm done with my tests. Sorry, but I NEED to pass all my classes...

ok, so I hoped you liked the update... again, thios chapter is dedicated to my best friend in the whole world: Michelle! (yeah she's real... and she's really awesome)

comments? :P

xox-