Who We'll Be

Sweeter

“How about...we go to the movies?” I suggested, choosing a cupcake placed on a plate, on the living room table while we were seated at Sky’s gigantic sofa.

We had nothing else to do, and we were thinking of things in the past couple of minutes what to.

“And what will we watch?” Sky asked.

He was sitting on the sofa next to me, clicking on the remote control and switching the channels on the TV like there's no tomorrow.

I picked a pink cupcake with the white and light blue icing, filled with colorful sprinkles on top, and started eating it. And I'd be lying if I say it isn't in any way scrumptious. Seriously.

“I dunno...um...maybe we should just take a walk around town instead....” I was almost ignoring Sky; I just couldn’t resist the cupcake’s perfection at the moment.

I heard Sky put down the remote on the table.

“But my feet don’t feel like walking today...,” he complained.

“But it’s so boring here...!” I protested, making a face.

Sky just smirked.

“Come here,” he said, patting his lap. “Maybe this will fight the boredom away.”

I quickly dropped the cupcake on the table and did what he said. I would still prefer him over the perfect of all the perfect cupcakes in the world, and I am a nice and obedient girlfriend, you see.

Well, not really just that...I just couldn’t resist him...but why would I even try to anyway? He’s mine now.

Sky put his arms tightly around me, rested his head and kissed my shoulder. “I love you.”

He had told me those words almost all the time, but whenever he says that, my heart still thud harder than before, like I was hearing them for the first time.

“I know."

I faced him, and we started kissing assertively.

It was like tasting the actual feeling, the love.

And let me tell you, it was sweeter than any cupcake I’ve ever tasted, heck, sweeter than anything I ever will.

We ended up lying intertwined on the sofa. He was smelling really nice, and he was kissing my eyes, my cheeks, my lips, my neck, and, as usual, I couldn’t handle myself the way a good girl should...

...until we heard a loud knock on the front of Sky’s house.

“Sky...someone’s at the door....” I said while we were still kissing.

“But I’m not expecting anybody today...”

He swiftly looked up at the door for a second, but then he continued kissing me as if he didn’t hear anything.

“Go check out who that is then,” I said, but my hand was still not letting go of him.

Sky hesitantly stood up from the sofa, breaking our snuggle.

The front door was a bit far from the sofa we were lying on, but they were placed directly at each other, that once you go inside Sky’s house, one of the first things you’ll see is that sofa.

So I could plainly see as I sat up from the sofa the front door Sky was walking to.

When he finally reached it, he lazily twisted the door knob and pulled it open, and I could tell he didn’t expect what he saw on the other side, about the person standing on his porch because I caught sight of his body which suddenly froze.

And I sure as hell didn’t expect—nor like—it neither.

The person at the other side of the door was a girl.

A gorgeous girl.

A very, very gorgeous girl.

She was about my age with pretty brown eyes, and her dark-tinted sunglasses were resting on her head that had long silky black hair. She was wearing this dark green tank top and a short denim skirt, and it was so short that I could almost see her panty if she moved her long legs one bit. Her dangling earrings and her hot pink lipstick just emphasized her beauty.

She seriously looked like a model that just stepped out of a magazine.

“Sky...? Oh my God...Sky!!!” the girl exclaimed with so much joy the moment he had opened the door.

While Sky’s mouth suddenly opened wide out of so much bewilderment.

Lauren...?!”

“Sky! I missed you so much!” the girl shouted.

And you know what she did next?

You really wanna know?

Like, you really, really want to?

Like really?

Fine, fine. I'll tell you.

She embraced him so tight, as if she’s been planning on suffocating him, and kissed him...

...right on his sweeter-than-any-cupcake-in-the-world lips.

Right and directly on it. Aggressively.

When she had let go, she held both his hands, and Sky just stood frozen, looking all petrified.

The girl seemed unaware of this, however, because she just smiled as if he was smiling back.

“I told you I'd follow you here! Remember my promise back in Jersey? My flight was delayed because of some shitty stuff with my visa and all, but I’m here now. Sorry I didn’t call, I just wanted to surprise you!”

My mind could not translate her words into a rational one. It just didn’t make any sense.

“Lauren! I already told you before, we're—“

“But you don’t know how much I....” her voice trailed off, and I saw her emotional eyes became all ginormous, when she finally noticed the person quietly observing Sky and her, the one who probably looked like a total dumbass and stupid right now.

Me.

“Sky...”

The girl looked at me emotionlessly at first, until she started to glare, with her eyes overflowing with hate in them.

And the next thing she said were the words that I’ve been wanting to ask Sky the entire time, but she managed to ask the question first.

And that obvious question was...

“Sky...who the freaking hell is she?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
SUBSCRIBE? REVIEW? SUGGEST? AND ALL THAT STUFF?
thanks, thanks ily! :)<3