Who We'll Be

Universe

Sky’s features, now seeing them up-close, just...made me completely melt away.

I was about to close my eyes, you know, to feel the moment...

...when Sky started chuckling.

“You got some ice cream on your face again,” he said, a smile taking over on his face.

I quickly wiped mouth with the back of my hands.

Damn it damn it damn it. I really thought...

“We better go now before it gets too dark...” he said as he walked away.

Ugh! don’t you go yet...

"Okay."

My lonely lips still need to meet yours...

I jumped up from the swing and followed him.

Weeks passed, and the days got a bit monotonous. Everyday I would walk with Sky to school, get teased by Jane about him, see him at lunch, hang out with his friends, get jealous whenever I saw him with Rowena, and go home and dream about him.

But really, it’s not like my world revolves around him or anything maniacal like that, of course I have to keep up with my studies, especially Calculus, with my teacher being a real pain in my gluteus maximus (It's no wonder they rhyme) and all those complicated things with numbers. I did the house chores, watch TV, eat cookies, and more Sky-unrelated stuff.

But every time I’m with him, I just can’t help but smile and think…

…that my whole universe was made…only for him.

They say that's how you feel when you're in love.

Or, perhaps...

...I'm just that hopelessly desperate.

* * *

“I am sorry students, but our bus is full. The eight of you, I was told there are a few more empty seats on bus number 6. I think there’s enough room in there," Mrs. Johnson said, looking at me, Jane, and my six other classmates.

Today was our Field Trip day, and bad luck had already hit me like a bowling ball that got a strike after hitting all the pins that are all me. I got to school so late, I didn’t stop by Sky’s house—he had probably got here and all, because he probably didn't want to miss the ride anymore than I do—and now the bus I’m supposed to be in was full.

I hesitantly walked towards bus 6, thinking about where Sky was. I made my way inside with Jane, because she said we’d sit together, but being the I-will-NOT-leave-my-friend-whom-I-promised-to-sit-with-for-my-boyfriend she is, saw Matt and ran towards him, hugged him like they haven’t seen each other in a decade…and happily sat with him.

What a really nice friend.

Okay, I still love her, but that attitude of hers annoys me sometimes.

Just then, a familiar voice called out to me.

“Hi, Symmery!”

I turned around and smiled. “Oh. Hey, Eric.”

Eric was looking very handsome, as always. I’ve seen him around these past weeks, and whenever we bump into each other, he always had the time to greet and talk to me, which was truly nice of him. He's truly nice.

“Looks like were on the same bus,” he remarked, smiling.

“Oh…so your on bus 6 too?”

Obviously. I got nothing else to say.

“Yeah.”

At least my luck already changed. At least I got to be on the same bus with this handsome boy...

“Want to sit together?” he offered.

Okay…my luck DEFINITELY changed. Take that, you bowling ball…

I was about to say yes, of course, and no, I’m not really some tramp who easily fall for boys just because they’re hot, but how could one say no to this all-in-one package of niceness, handsomeness and...handsomeness?!

I was opening my lips to say yes, the magic word, when someone stood next to me and interrupted our conversation.

“Hey, you’re Eric, right?”

I recognized the voice immediately. Very immediately. If you're gonna ask me why, my answer would probably be like...

'Oh, nothing…it’s just that someone…was the man I love. Ever. Duh.'

“Um...yes?” Eric replied, seemingly surprised of Sky, who popped out of nowhere.

“Oh...so you guys are classmates?”

Nobody answered my question.

Suddenly, Sky grabbed me by the waist.

“I’m sorry, but she had already agreed that she’d sit with me. Let’s go, Symmery.”

He held my wrist as we walked near the last rows of the bus, leaving Eric standing in the middle of the bus, dumbfounded.

“What is wrong with you?” I said as we sat. I mean, leaving Eric there hanging, that was just mean.

“Why didn’t you go to my house this morning?” he asked. “Is it so that you could ditch me and sit with that guy?”

My eyes grew as wide as an owl’s.

“What are you talking about?! I didn’t go to your house because…because I thought you were already here!”

He looked at me as if he didn’t believe what I had said.

I glared at him.

“And who’s the muffin man that told you that I had agreed to sit with you anyways?”

Sky gave me a frowning look.

“Why…? You don’t want to sit with me?”

Duh…of course I want to sit with you, you handsome idiot.

“I mean, I was gonna—“

“Pick him over me?”

Seriously, I don’t know what is up with this guy today.

“Well, he is super nice...” I said to annoy him.

He made a face. He’s extremely cute when he does that...

…way cuter than Mr. Chumchum, my teddy bear.

But that expression...wait a minute...

“Sky...”

Oh, God, yes. It’s my turn to tease him for a change.

I smiled naughtily. “Are you jealous?”

Just when I thought he was the one who was caught off guard this time, Sky smiled back, with that annoying, seductive smile of his.

“What are you gonna do if I say I am?”
♠ ♠ ♠
"Are you running out of breath...from running through my head?"
~ Cute by Stephen Jerzak


SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, LOVE OTHERS AND HAVE A NICE DAY :D

note: Criticism about my grammar is welcome, but i want to let you guys know that my chapters are somewhat UNEDITED. I am sorry if sometimes my grammar and confusion had hurt your feelings. Please stay calm, breathe in and help yourself refrain from saying "OMFG, WRONG GRAMMAR, GO DIE!" Just wanna let ya knowww