Who We'll Be

Ripped

I was still staring at Sky’s alluring lips, when his eyes opened, revealing a blue sky there. That's where his parents got his name, after all. He blinked a few times, at me, a glimpse of surprise permeating in his eyes. For a second I wondered why he looked so astonished, until I realized that we're still hugging each other, and our faces were so close that I felt that our lips would touch if I move an inch closer.

A dark smile crept upon his woken face.

“Planning to kiss me?”

I felt myself froze. He just said what I'd been thinking.

Yes, I am.

I
am planning to kiss you.

I’ve been planning about it since the day I was born in this heartless, cruel world. Okay, I'm exaggerating. Maybe when we first met.

Got a problem with that?


“Ugh…stop with the teasing already!” I sat up straight from my seat, breaking away from the cuddle.

On the second thought, don’t stop...

...I like it.


“Face it,” Sky said. “You...”

He pointed to me.

“...love me.”

He’s really excessively flirty with me today...maybe he’s serious?

If so…

Then yes, I do. I SO do.


But Sky started to laugh, which means, of course, that he’s only joking.

“Dream on, pal!” I said, pushing him away.

“No need to deny it...honeybunch.

He roared with laughter.

Sigh…if only he knew I was kidding too...

Sky kept on teasing me and I kept on lying about my feelings for him, until the bus turned into a halt--we had finally reach our destination.

Every year, whenever the field trip in our school was held we go to many different educative locations.

Our first stop was a really, really fun museum, like I could be amused just by looking at it...

Not.

It’s so boring, I had to pinch myself just to keep myself from falling asleep.

After we went there, we went to this laboratory-like building where you can stare at some experiments and stuff. And there's not even interesting ones, very unlike the ones we see on TV where people go 'how did they do that?!'. Yawn.

After, we went to this farm-like venue with many plants...and stuff. Snore.

The next destinations that we went to were as fun as the museum, and I practically had to slap myself hard on the face a few times just to survive the day. Sky, Jane and Matt just laughed at me while I did.

Being on the bus was more fun than the places we went to. Seriously.

And now, at last, our final destination...

...the candy factory.

The teachers didn’t agree about going here at first, because they think were too old for this and yadda yadda yadda, but the students convinced them anyways.

And I have one word to describe the factory that we went to:

Heaven.

I mean, there were candies every-flipping-where. And we saw how it can be made with the help of the person that helped us tour around the factory.

After touring around, the guy that lead the tour left us at the candy shop where you can buy the candies made in the factory.

The shop was an ambrosial paradise. Everywhere you look there were varities of the sugary-coated stuff, I tell you.

I was just with Sky because Jane and Matt had gone somewhere being all lovey-dovey. Us, of course, were just going around the shop looking for something to buy.

“Hello, Sky.”

Rowena passed by us with some of her girlfriends, carrying a bag of candy in one hand.

“Oh, hi,” Sky greeted her back, this stupid smile on his gorgeous face.

I can tell the girls with Rowena were giggling.

We were near the counter, so we saw Rowena the moment she went to the cashier.

She was about to grab her wallet to pay for her candies...

when Sky quickly stopped her...

…by holding her hand.

“No I’ll pay for it,” he said. “You know...as thanks.”

Thanks...?

For what?!


Rowena shook her pretty head. “Oh...no, you don’t have to—“

“No, it’s fine.” Sky held out his wallet and paid the cashier.

Rowena didn’t get the chance to stop him, so she just smiled and said thanks in that delicate manner of hers.

And me?

Know what I did?

I couldn’t help myself.

I suddenly grabbed a chockful of candies near me...

…and shoved it in her pretty little mouth...

…until she stuttered as she breathed her last breath...

…nah, I’m kidding.

I just stood there...completely appalled.

Sky winked and waved goodbye to Rowena and to the giggling girls and walked back to me.

Sky is such a flirt sometimes.

“What was that for?” I blurted out. I can’t help myself. I was too curious.

“Oh nothing. I just paid her back. You know...as thanks.”

‘Oh nothing?!’

What’s so ‘Oh nothing’ about that?

It's like he’s saying , ‘Oh nothing. I just ripped your heart apart to pieces and burned them using a flamethrower by treating Rowena some candies.’

and as thanks for what?


“Um...I’m kinda flunking at some subjects. And Rowena’s really smart. So she offered to help me study every free period. Didn’t you know that?”

I was fully shocked by this. I was with him almost everyday and I only knew about it now.

So Rowena is tutoring Sky....

I can already imagine it...

…them studying together...

…Rowena teaching Sky...

…Sky not listening to her…

…Sky looking at her longingly...

…Rowena smiling at him...

…Sky moving closer to her...

..and then...

...they will passionately ki—

Stop Symmery! Are you planning to kill yourself?!


But they don’t do that—I mean, ‘study’ everyday…right?

“Oh.” I said. “Every free period?”

“Yup. Every free period. Why?”

My heart violently shattered as I looked at him.

He looked back, a hint of worry in his eyes.

I couldn’t speak, and the awkward silence was driving me insane...

…like just looking at him made me picture their ‘study’ time over and over again…

…when somebody called me.

“Hello again, Symmery.”

The greeting completely broke the tension between me and Sky—thoroughly saving me from the craziness I might fall into.

I turned around to see who my savior was…

…and was happy to realize that it was Eric.
♠ ♠ ♠
"You demand to be chased for your love...but my desperate is far too weak to run for you this long...but you don't care at all."
~ Hopeles Love by Daphne Loves Derby


i know, i know, this chap is as boring as the museum. anyway, thanks to all who commented, subscribed, and those who will! i love you like a pirate loves hunting treasures. ARGG MATEYY.