Status: COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT :D

Handful Of Moments

That Cut Like A Blade;

Josie woke up in a strange room that was a clash between a teenage garage band boy and a four-year-old toddler. She sat up and held her head as the room spun for a quick minute. Josie tried to remember what happened last night, but nothing came to mind. She finally got enough strength to get up and stumble towards the living room of the stranger’s house.

“Hello!” She yelled as she plopped onto the couch. “Anyone here?”

A tall lanky boy came skipping in. His hair resembled a skunk and its stripe got pissed on. “You must me the infamous, Josie?” He had a goofy grin on.

Josie nodded slowly and her hand covered her face.

“Name’s Jack. Have a headache?” He asked as she nodded. “I’ll save you.”

Before she knew it her body was picked up. He threw Josie over his shoulder as he ran to the kitchen. Her limp body thumped against his back.

“Alex, look who I found!” Jack shouted and heard her groan. He softly whispered, “Sorry.” And Josie patted his back.

“Set her on the stool, Jack, before you kill her,” Alex chuckled. His voice instantly calmed the ill girl.

Jack gently placed her on the stool next to Alex. She laid her head on his shoulder. Alex pushed back some of her hair, “Not feeling good,” she shook her head and Jack placed the aspirin and water, “Here take this.” He watched Josie slowly swallow the two pills. “Do you remember anything from last night?” Once again she shook her head no.

In a way a sigh of relief washed over him. He admitted to her that he likes her more than a friend. But he knows he is nowhere near to having another relationship. After two weeks of his brother’s death, Lisa, his ex, broke up with him cause he never came out of his room. That broke him more than he already was. He thought he was going to marry her, he really did. But that crushed him. Alex just wondered what made her think he’d get over his brother’s death in just two weeks?

Jack chuckled which made Alex snap back to reality. “What’s so funny?”

“Look at her. She looks like a hot mess, bro,” Jack pointed to Josie.

Alex pushed more of her blond hair out of her face. And a small laugh escaped his lips. Josie was passed out again and a line of drool slid down the corner of her mouth. He wiped it away with his thumb.

“Hey, Alex,” Jack sounded serious, “I’m glad you’re back. I kind of missed ya man.”

Alex smiled, “I’m sorry. I missed you, too, Barakat.”

“So why did you go to a party? I mean the usual reason would be getting drunk and have sex, but you didn’t get drunk or have sex.” Jack asked.

“I thought we,” he pointed to Josie and himself, “deserved some fun.”

Jack nodded, “You should probably take her home.” He winked at him.

“Are you sure you don’t need any help cleaning up? I mean she can sleep on the couch or your bed.” Alex offered.

“Naw, it’s cool. I only have the bathrooms to clean up and I am not looking forward to that,” Jack laughed.

Alex nodded, “Alright, see you around.” Alex gently picked up Josie and carried her bridal style.

“Alex,” Alex turned around to see his friend, “Once again, I’m really glad you’re back.”

“Me too,” he smiled and left his friend’s house.

---

Josie woke up and thanking God it was Saturday. She sat up knowing her hangover is gone. Josie was now in Alex’s room. She smiled knowing this familiar room. She reached for the remote that was on his nightstand and turned on the TV. The doorknob clicked letting her know someone was coming in. It was Alex, in a towel. Josie bit down on her bottom lip; she has one hot best friend.

Alex covered his chest, “My eyes are up here,” he chuckled. Josie giggled covering her red face. “So I take it you feel better?” She nodded. “Well wanna take a shower, I’ll let you borrow some gym shorts and a shirt?”

“Sure,” she smiled as he handed her the clothing items.

Alex watched her walk out and sighed as he ran his fingers through his damp hair. He slid into his boxers and jeans and decided on a New Found Glory t-shirt. He sat on his bed he still couldn’t believe he admitted he liked Josie to her. He gripped his hair, why does he like her when he doesn’t want a relationship?

Josie walked in fifteen minutes later with a towel wrapped around her hair. She smiled at Alex and sat next to her. Alex noticed she had a trail of freckles crossing the bridge of her nose. He never noticed them before. He kept leaning forward to get a better look.

“Alex,” her sweet breath trailed on his face, “What are you doing?”

He noticed there was only centimeters apart between their faces, “You have freckles. I didn’t know that.”

“I don’t like them,” Josie sighed staring at Alex’s lips. They still haven’t moved from each other.

“Why?” He asked, “It’s cute.”

She blushed a light pink, “It reminds me of my mom.”

Alex was silent. Then a thought went through his head, how can he like her and still not know here? Is there a possibility that he only likes her because she’s a challenge and that’s it? He’s barely seen her real personality. There’s only one way to find out and that’s to break her. Maybe Sunday will do the trick or even better next weekend; it’s Homecoming.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this was more about Alex
And I kinda liked it
So any predictions on how he gonna "break" her?

COOOOOOOMMENTS!