The MiRiKi Member's and Their Pasts.

Rin's Past #2

(A few months later.)

After their mother’s death, the Soniko children are slowly healing. Each at their own pace. Their father, however, hasn’t been dealing with his wife’s death well. He’s begun drinking more and more. He’s grown bitter and angry. And on occasion, he’s hit his children. Things in the Soniko house hold aren’t looking good right now. But, there can always be a happy ending. If you try.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Rin hurriedly walked through the house, trying to be as quiet as possible. None of her brothers were home yet. Reiji was at his job,; Ryusuke was with some friends; and Riichi was still at the school.

Rin was almost to her bedroom when-

“Who the hell is in here?” Her father called from the couch. Rin looked over at him.

“Just me dad.” she answered.

Her father looked over at her and stood up. “Well don’t just ignore me.” he laughed. “Come give me a hug.” he held out his arms. Rin slowly walked over and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around her tightly.

Rin silently held her breath; her father stunk of alcohol and cigarettes. He slowly released her.

“I’ve got a lot of homework to do, so I’m just gonna go-”

Her father grabbed her arm tightly. She looked back at him.

“Why don’t we bond a little bit?” he asked with a smirk. “You know, father-daughter stuff.”

“Maybe later.” Rin tugged on her arm; the thought of being alone with her father, terrifying her. “I really do have homework to do.”

“Don’t talk back to me!” he lifted his other hand and hit her hard on the face. She fell to the ground. He angrily stared down at her. She quickly crawled towards the door; her father grabbed her foot and yanked her back. “Don’t try to run away.” he scoffed. He grabbed her and tossed her onto the couch.

“Dad stop!” Rin yelled as he climbed on top of her. He smirked and reached up her shirt. Rin’s mind raced with thoughts of how to escape. What had her brother’s told her to do in this situation? She closed her eyes and-

“Get off!” Rin screamed, kneeing him hard in the groin. He fell back off the couch. Rin quickly ran out the front door and down the street.

...

Ryusuke’s friend eyed a young girl in a school uniform.

“Hey baby!” he called.

Ryusuke hit him on the head. “Dude, that’s my sister!” he snapped. Rin looked back at them, tears spilling out of her eyes.

Ryusuke ran over, followed by his friends. “Rin what’s wrong?” he asked- he paused, staring at the bruise on her face.

“Dad…” Rin muttered. “He tried to…well…he…”

Ryusuke clenched his fists tightly. “Go to the coffee shop and stay with Reiji.” he said. Rin stared at him.

“Ryu-”

“Go!” Ryusuke yelled. Rin quickly ran off.

“Hey, Ryusuke. What’s going on?” One of his friends asked. Ryusuke looked back at him.

“My dad…tried to rape her.” he muttered. His friends froze.

...

Ryusuke slammed his fist into his father’s face again and again.

“You sick bastard!” he screamed. “Touching your own daughter! What the hell is wrong with you?!”

His father stared up at him, blood dripping down his face. “Idiot.” he muttered. “I’ll have you arrested!” he yelled. “You’ll rot in jail!”

“You think I’d let you send me to jail!?” Ryusuke yelled. “You think I’d leave Rin with you!?” he grabbed his collar. “I’ll kill you!”

“Ryusuke, stop.” Reiji spoke from the door. Rin stood behind him nervously. Ryusuke and their father looked over.

“Why should I?” Ryusuke spat. “This asshole touched Rin.”

“I know.” Reiji said. “Rin told me.”

“Then why the hell are you so calm!?” Ryusuke yelled. Reiji walked over and grabbed Ryusuke.

“I called the police.” he said. His father’s eyes widened. Reiji looked down at him. “We’re not living with you anymore.”

“What are you talking about?” Ryusuke asked. “Where the hell are we gonna go?”

“We’re going to live with Gramma and Grandpa now.” Reiji said. He turned to Rin. “Go get your stuff.”

Rin nodded and walked off to her room. A police car pulled into the driveway.

“You too Ryusuke.” Reiji said. Ryusuke narrowed his eyes at his father and quietly spat at him before walking off to his room. Reiji silently waited until the police came in to get his things.


“You okay?” Ryusuke asked. Rin looked up at him and smiled.

“Yeah.” she said. Ryusuke softly patted her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, sad.
But hey, they escaped.
And no they're living with their grandparents.
Who you will meet in the NEXT one.
or maybe not.
I haven't decided yet.
hahah =)