The MiRiKi Member's and Their Pasts.

How Sora Came to Be in the Family: Part Two

“Rin,” Mink said into her cell phone. “Take Kisa and go to the store.Pick up size one diapers, baby formula, wipes, and a few bottles.” She listened for a moment. “I’ll tell you when we get home.” Again, she listened silently. “I don’t care what time it is! Just do it. I’ll explain later.” She hung up with a snap of her phone. Mink looked down at the little child sleeping in her arms as she walked.

“What am I supposed to do?” She asked herself. “I can’t take care of a child…I didn’t even want children…” She pondered about what to do the whole way home.

Once home, Mink simply sat there on the couch with the baby on her lap. She hadn’t even unwrapped her from the blanket yet…

When Rin and Kisa got home, they were shocked, to say the least.

“You had a baby?!” Rin yelled. “How did you get pregnant before me?!” Kisa hit Rin upside the head.

“She didn’t have a baby,” Kisa started.

“Thank you Kisa,” Mink said.

“-she doesn’t have the baby weight yet.” Mink sighed.

“Look, I’m not pregnant. And I didn’t have a baby. If you two are finished, I’ll tell you what happened.”

“Oh cool, story time,” Rin said with a grin. She and Kisa sat down on either side of Mink. She didn’t look up as she recounted her tale.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“And she just ran away?” Kisa asked. Mink nodded, choked by tears.

“Wow,” Said Rin, “That kinda blows.” Mink laughed harshly.

“You think?”

“So what are you going to do?” Kisa asked.

“I’ll take her to the police station in the morning, I guess…” Mink said. “I can’t take care of a baby, guys. I just can’t…” They all looked at the sleeping baby.

“I should see if her diaper needs to be changed…” Mink said. She unwrapped baby Sora, and two pieces of paper fluttered down from the blanket. Mink grabbed it from the floor. As she read its contents, her eyes widened.

“Guys…this is her birth certificate…” Mink whispered.

“Yeah, so?” said Rin. Mink looked at her fearfully.

“It has my name on it. As the mother.”

“What?!” Kisa and Rin yelled together.

“I knew it! You gave birth and didn’t tell us!” Rin shouted.
“Be quiet Rin! You’ll scare her!” Mink said.

“So you don’t deny it! ”

“Yes, I do. It would have been kind of hard for me to have a baby Rin. Especially since, oh you know, I HAVEN’T HAD SEX.” There was silence for a moment from the three girls, until Rin burst out.

“Oh my God! It’s the next immaculate conception! KISA! CALL THE VATICAN, QUICK!” Mink hit Rin upside the head.

“Please, be quiet. Now.” But it was too late. Baby Sora was awake, and she was crying loudly. Mink quickly picked her back up, rocking her in her arms.

“Shh, it’s okay. Go to sleep Sora.” It took a few minutes, but eventually Sora fell back into a light slumber. Mink looked over at Rin and Kisa.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“You look like a mom,” Kisa said.

“Yeah,” Said Rin. “It’s like…natural-looking for you. Weird.” Mink was surprised. A mom? She had never wanted kids, but maybe…

“Guys…what if I kept her? I mean, that birth certificate is obviously a forgery, but good enough to pass inspection.” Rin and Kisa looked at Mink happily.

“We’ll help you!” Kisa said. “We’ll be the best Aunties ever!”

“YEAH!” shouted Rin. Mink shot her a glare. “Sorry. I meant ‘yeah!’. We’ll pool all our money together to set up a nursery and get daycare. She’ll be treated like a freaking princess!”

Mink smiled and looked down at Sora. “Welcome to the family, Sora.” Sora’s little face scrunched up and she began to cry. Mink bounced her up and down softly. “Shh, it’s okay. I’m here now. Mama’s here…”

>FIN<
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this made you laugh a little after the seriousness of the last one =]..
Please tell me your thoughts!
-Mink/Mikayla