‹ Prequel: We Come Out At Night 4

We Come Out At Night 5

Chapter 18

------------
The Rev
------------

The whole way back to the casino, London hadn’t said a word to me. Her body was trembling when she walked out of the basement. Gates and I both had embraced her in an effort to calm her nerves. When we got back to our place, she collapsed.

So now I sit on the couch holding my sobbing wife on my lap. “I’m very proud of you.” When I told her that, she lifted her head from my shoulder and held my face in her hands.

“I’m not bad like him. I swear.” She cried. It was almost as if she was pleading with me to believe her. It was like she was looking for absolution from me for all the sins of her father.

“I know that, Sugar Plum.” I reached up and took her hands from my face and held them in mine. “You are his blood and there is no denying that, and believe it or not, your father was once a good man. Some how, some way, when you were born all the good that was left in him, was passed on to you. Not the evil. I believe that and you should too.”

“Thank you for saying that.” She smiled at me and wiped the tears from her face. “Do you want me to make you some lunch.”

I was a little hungry and she was a great cook, but I didn’t feel like sitting in the house. “How about we go out and get some lunch?”

“Are you sure?”

“Yep. It’s not like we’ve ever actually gone anywhere other than the casino and the mansion. It can be like our first date.”

London blushed a little bit and gave me a fully pearly white smile. “I’d love to have a date with you.”

“Then it’s settled!” I lifted her with me as I stood and set her down on the ground. As she looked up at me I held my arm out for her to take. “M’lady.” I said and she giggled a little just before slipping her arm through mine as we walked out the door on our way to our first date. Sure we were doing this ass backwards, but as long as she had that smile on her face, it didn’t matter.

----------
Christ
---------

After Shadows left Chelsea with me yesterday, it was pretty awkward between us. I really didn’t know what to say to her at first. Some part of me had expected this to be her fault because of where she came from, but I was wrong. At least according to Shadows.

We ended up staying awake most of the night just talking and catching up on the things we did during the time we spent apart. I really missed her and being with her again made me realize just how much. “Chel” I trailed my lips along the back of her shoulder after whispering her name. “Wake up.”

She kept her eyes closed, but smiled as she lay there on her stomach. “Chelsea.” I kissed her shoulder softly again as she sighed.

“Oh I get it, you are pretending to sleep so I’ll keep kissing you.”

She didn’t answer me; instead she just giggled softly and kept her eyes closed. She had the sweetest laugh and every time I heard it I couldn’t help but smile. Chelsea was so beautiful to me, but it was the times like this when she was cute, that I loved the most.

“I’m hungry, lets go get some food.”

Chelsea sighed and moved her arms under the pillow as she turned to face me. “I want to stay here.” I brought my hand up to her cheek and held it there while I kissed her. “I’d like to stay here too, but in order to do all the things to you that I would like to do, I’m going to need some energy in the form of a cheeseburger and fries.”

She giggled again and sat upon her knees taking the blanket with her. “Well, I guess you don’t have the energy to shower with me then.” She tried to be coy, but I laughed and sat up grabbing her hips and holding her close.

“I think I can manage my strength for a quick shower.” I held my arms around her waist and tilted my head to the side while I looked at her. “You’re beautiful.”

“I missed you Johnny.” She smiled and put her arms around my neck.

“I missed you too, muffin.” I kissed her lips softly and just after she pulled her lips away from mine, she took my hand in hers and got off the bed.

“Come on!” She giggled and pulled me forward.

Ok, ok. I’m coming!” I got off the bed and followed her into the bathroom where we would shower together. I think I’m in love with this girl.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Narrator
Step 5: Humiliation – I’ll strip you of your dignity.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Marco hadn’t expected to see her, but Kayla showed up about an hour after London left. This time she wore no costume. Just a pair of ripped jeans and a white wife beater. Marco’s eyes were heavy as he sat against the wall fighting sleep. The pain from the burns on his arms had drained all the color from his face.

“I heard you had quite a visit with your daughter today.” She noted as she took out a few items from the bag she brought in with her and put them on the table.

“What’s it to you?” His voice was filled with pain as he spoke and Kayla didn’t bother paying any mind to it.

“It’s nothing to me, just making conversation.” She continued to lay her items out on the table while he watched her.

“What are you doing?” He asked curiously eyeing each item she took out of her bag. Kayla simply turned and walked into the bathroom. When she came back out she walked over to Marco and undid the lock on his chain.

“Stand.” She was curt and demanding and he didn’t have the energy to answer her back. He rose up from the floor and stood there looking at her face.

“Take off your shirt.” It was an order not a request and Marco stood there looking at her like she was nuts. “Ok, pretty boy. If you want to do things the hard way, then fine.” Kayla grabbed the hem of his shirt and roughly lifted it up forcing him to lift his arms over his head so she could get his shirt off. He winced when the fabric grazed over the burns on his arms.

“Now, you want to take off your pants like a good boy, or do I have to do that for you too?” When he didn’t answer she reached for his belt buckle but he grabbed her hand and shoved it away. Without a word, he undid his belt and took off his pants. “Unless you plan on showering in your underwear, drop em.” She stood there with her hands on her hips intent on fully humiliating him and it was working. She was acting like a prison warden. Too tired to argue, Marco grabbed the waistband of his boxer briefs while she watched and slid them down. After stepping out of them, he stood there naked in front of her. Just to humiliate him a little more, Kayla looked down at what was hiding under his boxer briefs and then brought her eyes back up to meet his. “Just remember, it’s not the size of the pencil, it’s how well you can write your name that counts.” Marco was fuming at her insult. “Come on, follow me.”

Kayla walked towards the bathroom, and Marco followed her. When he reached her, she stood there with her arms folded and nodded towards the shower. “Get in.”

She kept the shower curtain open as he stepped inside the shower under the hot water. He had no idea what she had in store for him. As he stood under the water running his hands through his hair to get it wet, Kayla was soaping up a washcloth. “What are you doing?”

“Teaching you a lesson.” She smiled and ran the washcloth across his shoulders and down his back. When she had scrubbed the whole backside of his body she told him to turn around so she could do the front. If Marco hadn’t been stripped of his dignity before, he was well on his way. Kayla had scrubbed his body clean and when she was done she soaped up his hair and let him rinse it out on his own.

After the soap had rinsed clear, Kayla shut the water off and held out a towel for Marco. He stepped into it and she wrapped it around his waist like a mother putting a towel around a child. She then handed him a toothbrush and stood there waiting while he brushed his teeth. When he was done he set the toothbrush down on the sink and Kayla handed him another towel so he could finish drying himself off and walked out of the bathroom.

A few minutes later, Marco stepped out of the bathroom with the towel still wrapped around him and Kayla handed him a set of clean clothes that consisted of underwear, sweat pants and a t-shirt. “Get dressed.” She ordered and began rifling through her bag as he put on the clothes she gave him.

“Sit down.” She ordered after he finished dressing.

“I’m really getting tired of you telling me what to do.” He snapped at her and she was in no mood to deal with his attitude.

“You see this?” She asked holding up a green tube. “This could make those burns feel a whole lot better. Now, if you don’t want my help, I can leave and you can suffer like the miserable bastard that you are.”

His arms were throbbing and he really wanted relief from the pain. So, he gave in as she requested and sat down in a chair at the table. “Do you want me to put the medicine on your burns, pretty boy?”

“My name is Marco.” His voice was cold as he was getting tired of being called pretty boy, granted he was rather pretty in a masculine way.

“I didn’t ask your name, I asked if you wanted my help.”

“Yes, damn it!”

Kayla looked at him and licked her lips. “I want to hear you say it.”

Marco rolled his eyes and let out a huff. “I want you to help me.” His words came out through gritted teeth and Kayla was satisfied. She picked up a q-tip and dabbed it at the top of the green tube letting some of its contents cover the cotton. “I hope this hurts.” She smiled at him as she swabbed the q-tip over one of his burns. Marco winced, but didn’t say a word. He didn’t want her to see him in pain and be humiliated any more than he already was.
When she finished, Kayla put the top back on the tube and put it back in her bag. She covered Marco’s burns with gauze so that they wouldn’t get infected although that thought did appeal to her.

“Thanks.”

Kayla looked up from her bag after hearing his use of “manners at the table” and smirked. “You’re welcome. Take these.” She handed him two painkillers and a glass of water and he took them willingly.

“Back to your chains.” Kayla walked over to the wall and waited for Marco to come to her. When he did she put the chain back through the loop around his neck and locked it. “Now, be a good boy and if you’re lucky, when I come back I’ll bring you a treat.”

She winked and walked out of the basement without another word.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not happy with this chapter, but Shadows gets his turn with Marco in step 6