‹ Prequel: We Come Out At Night 4

We Come Out At Night 5

Chapter 41

------------
Shadows
------------

Anyone seen Gates?” I asked the other guys, but they all just shook their heads.

“Kristina is asking why this is taking so long. Where is he?” Izzy came into the room where I was waiting with the groomsmen for the actual groom to arrive.

“I wish I knew.” I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. This was his wedding day and he was nowhere to be found. “I want to strangle him right about now.” Izzy looked worried and that was the last thing I needed for her to be since she had tried so hard to get well.

“You look stunning.” London made all of the gowns herself for all of the girls and she really out did herself. They all wore pale yellow and Kristina had chosen that color for the girls because Brian had called her his little ray of sunshine. Instead of the traditional bouquets the girls held a single daisy to be handed to Brian when they reached the head of the isle so he could give them all to Kristina when she made her own walk down the isle. “I’m nervous, Matt. What if he doesn’t show?”

I pulled her closer and held her in my arms. “He’ll be here, he probably just forgot something.” She nodded and held my hand in hers while resting her head on my chest. “Hey if worst comes to worst, we can always take their place at the altar.” I knew she heard me, but it took her a second to come to the realization of what I said. She lifted her head and looked at me. “Did you just ask me to marry you?”

I nodded suddenly overwhelmed by my own emotions. It was there watching her worry and seeing how nervous she was made me see how much she truly cared. I was able to see that a life without Izzy, wasn’t how I ever wanted my life to be. “I’m sorry, I don’t have a ring. I didn’t plan on asking you this way, but I promise, I’ll get you one.”

Izzy shook her head and covered her mouth with her hand. “I don’t need a ring to know I want to spend my life with you.” She hugged me and I wrapped my arms around her returning the sentiment.

“So, is that a yes?”

Izzy giggled and lifted her head to look at me. “That’s a yes,” she nodded.

----------
Gates
----------

I knew that everyone was waiting for me and probably worried, but there was something that I had to take care of. I couldn’t marry Kristina without talking to one person first. I knelt down in front of the grave and placed a daisy in front of the headstone.

“So, we haven’t officially been introduced. I’m Brian, but your mom likes to call me Bri-Bri. I don’t know why, but it makes her happy. I just want you to know that just because we’re getting married today, doesn’t mean I am taking her away from you. My only hope is to give her a better life. The life she deserves.” I wiped the single tear that slid down my cheek before continuing.

“She’s probably one of the most amazing people I know and she would have been the best mother any kid could ever ask for. I hope you know that no matter what she does or where she goes, you are always with her. Your mom loves you very much and no matter where life takes us, I will make sure that you are always a part of it.”

I blew out a breath and shook my head. I hadn’t expected this to be as hard as it was. So, hopefully, with your blessing, I’m going to go marry your mother now.” I touched my fingers to my lips and pressed them to the headstone. “Wish me luck.” I whispered and stood up looking down at the headstone one last time. We love you.”

I left the cemetery with a heavy heart and headed back to the casino. When I got there, there were five people waiting for me who looked like they were going to kick my ass.
“Where the hell have you been?” Shadows asked me.

“I had something to take care of. I’m here now, so lets get this show on the road.”

Izzy looked up at him and smiled. “I’ll go tell Kristina to get ready.”

In the moment that followed, I took my place down at the end of the isle in the auditorium and beside me stood Izzy as my best girl. Behind her stood Shadows, Vengeance and The Rev. I waited patiently for Kristina to appear in the doorway while my nerves took hold of me and my hands started to shake.

One by one the girls came down the isle and when London, the last one finally past by, I knew it was time. I swear my heart skipped a beat as Kristina appeared. Her gown was form fitting and cream colored with hints of yellow. When she smiled at me I almost lost it. Christ walked her down the isle and placed her hand in mine before stepping over to my side. I was so lost in her that when the priest asked if I would take her to be my wife, I hadn’t heard a word he said and Christ had to nudge me with his elbow. I just couldn’t wait to kiss her and as soon as she said “I do” I did. I didn’t bother to wait to be told I could kiss the bride. Hearing everyone’s laughter, made us laugh into the kiss.

Afterwards, we went up to the penthouse for the reception. Everyone was in good spirits, it was just us and that was the way we liked it. We didn’t need some grand party with 500 guests, just family. I held Kristina’s hand in mine and led her to the center of the living room and cleared my throat to get everyone’s attention. “So, normally the best man and maid of honor make the toasts at weddings, but I’m going to break that tradition because I have something to say.”

Kristina looked up at me with curious green eyes. “As you all were so kind to remind me, I was late for my own wedding. I couldn’t marry Kristina without asking for someone’s blessing first.” Kristina’s eyes started to water and she covered her hand with her mouth knowing whom I was referring too. “So, I went to see Olivia and I gave her one of the daisies so she could be part of our day. I think I won her over with my good looks because she told me personally that she thinks it would be awesome if I married her mother. I tend to agree with her.” Kristina laughed through her tears and I smiled back at her. “Everything I want to say to Kristina, I’ll save for when we are alone, but for all of you I have the deepest admiration.”

I turned to face all of my friends and my eyes took sight of Shadows first. “You, ya big bastard for always reminding me of what’s right in front of me.” My eyes moved over to Izzy next. “And you for reminding me never to take anything for granted because in an instant it could all be gone.” Kristina squeezed my hand when my voice cracked and I smiled back at her again.

“Christ, you told me to man the fuck up and that was probably the best advice I was ever given. I’m proud to have you here with me and so grateful that you are Krissy’s best friend. As for the rest of you, just love the one you are with, with all your heart because it doesn’t get any better than this.” Kristina kissed my cheek and I closed my eyes and smiled to myself. We all raised our glasses and drank to each other’s happiness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not over yet. Almost though. Sorry for the wait had to update Majesty Castle and Snow White and The Sevenfold.