Status: Finished

No Heaven Can Help Us

Flowers

Image

Jenna opened her eyes as the sunlight poured into the room. She noticed a bunch of flowers placed on the window sill. She glanced down to see the awful cast on her left arm. Last night had been hell. She went through surgery, pain, and a lot of shots. Right now her body was very sore from the wreck.

“She’s awake!”

Jenna tilted her head to see Whitney, Eva, and Kayla rush over to her.

“How are you babe?” asked Eva.

Jenna smiled up at her friends. “Sore.” Jenna’s eyes widened. “Did you guys get in the shop?”

“We closed for the day. Besides, you gave me a spare. Remember?” said Kayla.

“Oh, right. How long have you all been here?”

“For a few hours. Your mom went to work so we decided to come see you.” said Whitney.

Jenna looked around the room for her boyfriend Nick.

“Have you seen Nick?”

The girls exchanged looks not really knowing if they should tell Jenna this.

“What?” Jenna asked while staring at the three of them.

Eva finally spoke up. “Your mom called him last night. He didn’t asnwer so she left him a voicemail. We haven’t seen him.”

“He’s probably busy with band practice.” Jenna replied matter of factly.

“Or sex practice.” Replied Whitney.

Jenna raised her eyebrows. “What’s that supposed to mean?” she asked rudely.

“Jenna come on. When are you going to realize that Nick is a total douche bag? I mean, don’t you think he would’ve been here in the hospital to make sure that you are all right?”

Jenna sighed. “I’ve tried to leave him.”

“Apparently not hard enough.” Said Kayla.

“Do you want to leave him?” Eva’s sweet voice asked.

Jenna thought about it for a few moments. She opened her mouth to give them an answer but right then Nick walked into the room. He rushed over to Jenna carrying a vase of red roses. He bent down and kissed Jenna’s forehead.

“Babe, I just now got the message your mom sent me. My phone died last night at Corey’s. I’m so glad you’re okay. Oh,” he glanced down at Jenna’s cast arm. “You’re arms broke.”

“No shit sherlock.” Said Kayla.

Nick turned to look at Jenna’s friends. He hated the bitches with a passion. They were a bad influence on Jenna and she would rather hang out with them than with him.

“Don’t you three have to be at work?” he asked.

“They closed the shop for the day.” Said Jenna.

“Isn’t that your decision?”

Nick turned to look at Jenna with that cold hateful stare.

“I-I guess it is.”

Jenna sadly looked at her friends who were all giving Nick a go to hell look.

“So go.” He told them.

“We’ll see you later JenJen.” Said Eva as she grabbed her purse and followed the other two out of the room.

Jenna watched as her friends quickly left the room. She really did hate the way Nick treated them but she was too scared to stand up to him.

Bam’s blue eyes slowly fluttered open. His head was killing him. He vaugley remembered what happened but he did remember some of the wreck. It was totally his fault. He couldn’t believe he had been so stupid. He focused his eyes on the hospital room. He saw his parents Ape and Phil, and his wife Missy looking at him. None of them looked happy to see that he was all right.

“Bam, what the hell were you thinking? You could’ve killed that poor girl?” said Ape.

“I wasn’t thinking. Is she okay?” he asked.

He didn’t know until now that he had pulled out in front of a girl.

“No, she’s not. She has a broken arm and her body is all bruised up. Please tell me you weren’t drinking.”

“No, I was on the way to The Note.” He replied.

“In a completely different direction?” asked Missy.

“Don’t fucking start. Not now Missy.”

“Yes Bam, I will start. You were going to see Novak weren’t you?”

“That shithead is back in town?” asked Ape.

“It’s none of your business Missy.”

Missy slung her large purse over her shoulder. “It is my business. I am your wife Bam or if that’s what you still want me to be.”

Bam rolled his eyes. He couldn’t take it anymore. He was tired of being married to Missy. She only cared about herself. She could go out and have fun with her friends but if Bam wanted too he never could. The love he used to have for Missy wasn’t there anymore.

“I went to see Novak. There, are you happy now?”

Missy shook your head. “Your mom will bring you back home. I have to get to work.”

Missy stomped out of the hospital room not very pleased. Ape just shook her head as she stared at her son. By the look on her face she was about to explode.
“Bam, when are you going to file for divorce?”

“I don’t know.” He replied rudely.

“We know you’re not happy anymore. Why keep on fighting? You both have cheated on each othere. There’s no marriage there.”

Bam sighed. “She cheated on me with that David Hill guy. I’ve never cheated on her. And besides, I’m thirty. I’m too old to find someone else.”

Phil laughed. “You’re not that old Bam.”

“Yeah, and we want a little Bam Junior one day.”

Bam really did want to have a kid with Missy when they first got married. She said she wanted to wait until she was thirty-three but Bam didn’t want to wait that long. He knew Missy didn’t really want to have a baby because she would get fat.

“I’m ready to be a dad.” Bam glanced out the window. “Is the girl I pulled in front of still in the hospital?”

“Yeah, she’s right across the hall.”

Bam nodded. “Will you apologize to her?”

Ape smiled. “Of course.”

Ape left the room leaving Bam and Phil alone.

“What should I do dad?” Bam asked his father.

“If you’re not happy then divorce her.”

Bam nodded. He knew what he had to do. Once he got out of the hospital he would file for divorce if Missy didn’t do it first.