Status: Complete, look for the sequel soon.

Find Your Twitching Hart in Vegas

Learning To Ride

Not too long after Aryn left, I got a text from Carey simply saying he was outside the door and wanted to be let in. I laughed softly to myself and dashed across the hotel room and opening the door to be greeted by Carey’s tattooed form. I licked over my slightly chapped lips and stepped back allowing him into the main room.

“So what’s up?” I asked chewing on my lip, damn…when did he get so attractive?

“Come on, I’m gonna teach you how to ride.” He smirked, and I felt my knees start to go a little weak.

“Ride?” I squeaked, my eyes going wide, umm…no. Carey chuckled “oh come on, I’ll keep you safe.”

“From myself, I think I’d kill my self if I tried.” I gaped at him not quite believing that he was really going to try and force me onto that bike.

“Yeah, it’ll be fine. Trust me?” He asked stepping into the ‘brain goes mushy’ range. And yes, my brain did go mushy. The cologne he wore was enough to make all rational functioning stop, but the heat coming off his chest and his voice lowering to that quite questioning range made me, some how, nod.

Oh I was going to die.

I wrote a quick note to Aryn telling her to text me when she got back from her date with Twitch and then told her I was out with Carey who was trying to teach me to ride. Hoping I didn’t die I grabbed a pair of jeans and a tank top before walking slowly back out into the main room where Carey was sitting on the couch looking through the photos on my camera. I rolled my eyes and plopped down next to him.

“I didn’t even know you took half of these.” He laughed, pausing at the pictures I’d taken from the hills. I nodded

“That one is my favorite.” I said pointing at the one where he was parallel to the sand dune. He glanced over at me “for artistic reasons or personal reasons?”

I rolled my eyes softly “it’s just my fave from that session.” And maybe it’s because it’s a kick ass trick and the guy riding the bike is hot.

“You ready,” he asked standing up from the black leather couch making me groan “no.”

“Yeah you are.” He laughed hauling me up off the couch as he grabbed my hands and pulled me so I was standing. My face was centimeters from his chest and my whole brain went into shut down mode. I’m sorry if I can’t help it, he’s damn attractive.

“’mon,” he said stepping back slightly. I nodded and grabbed my camera, placing a new memory card into the slot and placing the lens cap over the lens before walking after him.

“You can’t leave that thing can you?” He asked, spotting the camera. I shook my head “that’d be like asking you to stop riding.” He nodded and slung his heavily tattooed arm across my shoulders as we stepped out of the hotel room and into the plush hallway. Once we reached the elevator he let me step in first before leaning against the wall across from me, watching me. The two elderly ladies in the elevator looked him up and down. One because I think she thought he was hot, the other since I’m not sure how she felt about the tattoos he had. I stepped closer to Carey to let the snobby lady out of the elevator. His arm looped around my waist, tugging me into his chest, so that I was leaned into his body, facing him now, and not the door.

We stepped out of the elevator after it’d reached the lobby was the point that I realized I’d ridden in an elevator without even having the slightest amount of fear. It shocked me slightly that I’d managed to do that since I hated elevators. It always freaked me out if I thought about the fact that they could drop at any moment. I instinctively shuddered, I’d gotten stuck between floors on one of them once and after that I hated them. Carey noticed me shiver and glanced down at me causing me to shake my head in a ‘never mind’ fashion.

We made it to the ‘compound’ as Carey had called it not long after leaving the hotel, I gulped a little nervously as Carey led me to the garage where he kept all the gear we’d need. He chuckled softly and handed me a jersey and some riding pants along with a chest protector and a helmet along with goggles.

“If I die I’m coming back to haunt you.” Was all I muttered before I slid the riding pants over my bare legs. I just pulled the jersey on over my tank top and let Carey put the protective gear, minus the helmet and goggles, on for me. I had no idea where half that shit went anyways. Once I was geared up and my blonde hair was pulled up into a pony tail under the helmet Carey brought out a small black and red bike.

“Do you know how to drive clutch?” He asked keeping his hand holding the brake, guess it was habit to keep the bike’s brake on if he was just standing next to it. I nodded and slung a leg over the bike so I was straddling it. Oh this was going to go badly. I could feel it. Carey was suited up, minus the helmet and his goggles were around his neck. What I wouldn’t give for my camera. I’d kill for a picture of this.

Once Carey had acquainted me with the death trap I was sitting on he let go of the brake and allowed me to fire it up. Carey climbed on his own bike, number 54, and fired it up before pulling up along side me and tapping my shoulder. I glanced at him like ‘what?’ and he I watched as he mouthed ‘tag’. I rolled my eyes as he took off out onto the course, but none the less followed him down the path he took. Once we were out on the course he’d set up he pulled his helmet off and turned his bike off, I turned the one I sat on off as well since I was assuming he was going to talk to me.

“See it’s not that bad.” He chuckled leaning on the handle bars of his bike. Damn I’m gonna swoon, this is not good.

“Yeah, you haven’t ‘taught’ me how to ride though and with you Mr. I’m gonna pull the first back flip ever; that scares me.” Carey chuckled “I didn’t actually pull the first one.” I scowled and gave him a look that clearly said ‘same difference’. He laughed and led me over to the foam pit

“We’ll start you off small; just go off the ramp into the pit.” He said motioning to what looked like a giant swimming pool filled with foam cubes.

“How am I supposed to get out of there?” I asked arching an eyebrow at him curiously.

“The bike we’ll haul out with the crane, you’ll just have to make your way over to the edge and haul your self out.” He said causing me to roll my eyes again.

“This so isn’t cool,” Carey laughed at me and handed me my helmet back “just aim for the middle of the pit, you’ll be fine.”

After the first couple tries, it wasn’t so scary any more, but getting out of the foam pit. That was another story. Gah it was more work to get out of the pit than to work up the courage to do small tricks into it. I gave up getting out at one point and just laid in the cubes my helmet, well the one Carey had lent me, was lying not too far from me. And I stared up at the pink, orange, blue and violet sky. The sun was setting and Carey had said that even though he had flood lights that was my last go into the pit. So here I was, chilling.

I squeaked as my calm was disturbed by Carey jumping into the pit next to me.

“Well for a girl who doesn’t like to ride a dirt bike, you did pretty good.” He grinned, showing off those pearly whites. His dark hair was slightly sweaty from riding and the heat of the afternoon, though he’d run his hand through it and spiked it a little, which made me turn to jelly. Good thing we were in the pit, oh no wait, bad thing, bad thing we were in the pit. I stared at him for a good while, before I shook my head.

“Yeah I prefer things with four wheels thanks. Unless it’s an actual motorcycle…Then we’re okay.” I rambled making Carey laugh. Apparently I was funny when flustered about how he was insanely attractive. Seriously it should be illegal to look that good.

“You were riding an actual motorcycle.” He laughed making me toss a foam cube at him. This then started a cube war, which I won by the way. Though I think that’s only because I sat on him and pelted him with the cubes.

“Okay, okay uncle.” He said holding his arm up to keep me from hitting him with anymore of the blue and yellow cubes. I grinned, laughing still, well until his hands settled on my hips. “So are you ever going to show me your ink?” He asked laughing, not taking note of the position we were in, or how my skin was literally searing off my bones from his touch.

“I guess…” I trailed off, slightly in a daze, the things this man did to me.

“We should probably head inside so you don’t have to stay in the riding gear.” He added, seeing that the sky was turning dark. Looks like I wouldn’t be getting back to the hotel tonight anyways.

I wound up sitting on Carey’s couch with him, wiggling out of the riding pants I showed him the stars I’d had tattooed on my hip. Goose bumps appeared when his finger traced the small cluster of stars. After pulling on a pair of shorts I’d packed in my duffle bag I rested my head on his shoulder, drifting between half asleep and out cold.

I felt Carey pick me up and then warm sheets surrounded me and his bare arm was tossed across my waist. Sleep hit me hard then causing me to snuggle down into the sheets.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jessi

I know, I'm sorry about the delay in updates. But here yah go, hope this makes up for said delay.

Peace, Shade.